It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hijackers just took control of internal Libya flight thats now on the tarmac in Malta

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It just gets worse, was enough already for the festive period with the Berlin killings, now he's dead we get this!

What needs to be done to free ourselves of this terror and threat to our children and streets?

news.sky.com...

edit on 23-12-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Links or it didn't happen..
Really? no linky?

ETA my apologies, I was not trying to be harsh.
edit on 12/23/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Really? no linky?
Yes there is! You must be kinky drinky if you not see the linky
edit on 23-12-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Thanks...I'll be patient. You might want to check your spelling of Libya in the title.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Really? no linky?

Just breaking:

BBC
edit on 23/12/16 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Thanks...I'll be patient. You might want to check your spelling of Libya in the title.
You drinky too much

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
It just gets worse, was enough already for the festive period with the Berlin killings, now he's dead we get this!

What needs to be done to free ourselves of this terror and threat to our children and streets?

news.sky.com...

Is it not a little soon to assume that this is definatley Islamic extremeist hell bent on spoiling Christmas?

Although likley would it not be prudent to wait for more information?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Anyways its already landed. I doubt they will be allowed to take off again. I guess this story will end soon.
edit on 23/12/16 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

news.sky.com...

Is it not a little soon to assume that this is definatley Islamic extremeist hell bent on spoiling Christmas?

NO!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Well, haven't seen you in a while... Welcome back.

An international hijacking. What's old is new again. On the ground in Malta, they're unlikely to go anywhere else.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

NO!

What makes you so sure? It was an internal flight and there are many reasons for hijacking planes?

Financial gain, freeing political prisoners ect?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Details from BBC:

Breaking News image A Libyan passenger plane with 118 people on board has been forced to land in Malta in what the Maltese prime minister called a "potential hijack situation". The Airbus A320 was flying inside Libya for airline Afriqiyah Airways when it was diverted, local media report. There were two hijackers involved, who threatened to bomb the plane, according to initial reports. Maltese PM Joseph Muscat said security operations were standing by.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Its christmas, how about everyone just relax for a few days so everyone can enjoy the x-mas spirit..

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: asen_y2k

Well, haven't seen you in a while... Welcome back.

An international hijacking. What's old is new again. On the ground in Malta, they're unlikely to go anywhere else.

Thanks, I browse they site regularly without posting. Post when I have some free time.

The new thing is that security forces around the world are much more prepared nowadays for such events. And agreed, the planes on the ground hence I beleive this event will be ended soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Its christmas, how about everyone just relax for a few days so everyone can enjoy the x-mas spirit..

Sorry if it were Ramadan you might be in luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I suppose they could just really want to go to Malta, as well.

But you are right, leaping to automatic conclusions isn't the best way to go about this. 'course the negotiators, who are already hard at work, know this as well as you or I.

No way would I want that job...

From the sounds of it, it's still being treated as a "potential" hijack. Probably means they're sure it is, but don't have enough information to be 100 percent sure.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

That'd be nice, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: tikbalang

Sorry if it were Ramadan you might be in luck.

What has Ramadan got to do with this or do people just use any tenuous oppertunity to show thier dislike for other cultures round here these days?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

NO!

What makes you so sure? It was an internal flight and there are many reasons for hijacking planes?

Financial gain, freeing political prisoners ect?
No one knows for sure yet! Although it has been claimed that 2 hijackers have threatened to blow up the plane. And if that is true then they are terrorists are they not!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join