It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What movie in 2016 did you like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I kind of forgot that it came out in 2016, but for sure "10 Cloverfield Lane" is also worth a watch.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Its hard to pick a single one this year, there where some very good ones but not any masterpieces really: Arrival, Midnight Special ,10 Cloverfield Lane, Room, are among my faves. I will see Rogue One tomorrow so let's see.

Best foreign one has to be Embrace of The Serpent for me, beautiful and haunting b 'n w movie set in the Amazon.

Does The Witch count as an Indie movie? I guess that would be my pick

special mentions: Werner Herzog's Lo and Behold; Sully; Captain Fantastic

I laughed a lot watching The Nice Guys, so I guess that one surprised me.

But the really odd one that stood out and made me cringe, laugh, cry, all at once, has to be Swiss Army Man, that's one hell of a weird ride!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
-Best Movie Rogue One, just wow!

-Best Foreign Movie The Revenant

-Best Indie Movie Hell or High Water

What was your favorite odd movie, that surprised you? Blood Father, love Mel Gibson!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: the owlbear

I absolutely adored the Deadpool movie. The jokes were... well they were appalling, but in the very best way. I cannot wait to see what might happen in the sequel!

I'm a little hesitant on the sequel. People leaving due to creative differences and all. But I know Ryan Reynolds is in LOVE with this role and it showed on screen. There would never have been a decent Deadpool movie if he wasn't so excited for it. It's his baby. So I'm going to believe and support him and hopefully be entertained in the process.

Fun fact: Deadpool was the movie I took the gf to for Valentine's Day. She's not into comics, but loved it. She cried she laughed so hard.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Ryan Reynolds was so happy to be playing the role.

I think this movie was a labour of love for him, because his being in the Wolverine: Origins movie, and the train wreck that his character became in that film, I think, agitated him no end, which is why during the Deadpool movie, he pokes fun at a figurine, depicting the strange creature they turned him into. That gag made my sides ache on its own, leave alone the rest of the films many puns, gags, and jokes.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Best movie:

Best foreign movie, technically:

Watched Embrace of the Serpent early this year but it was released 2015.

Best indie movie:

Several movies that were surprisingly very good:
With all it's flaws, it still presented some mind boggling ideas.

Courier X, The Infiltrator, The Free World, Mascots, Mr. Church and Captain Fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing:

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As a huge documentary and Guns N' Roses fan, I really enjoyed It's So Easy and Other Lies
edit on 12-1-2017 by farmville because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2017 by farmville because: error

top topics

<< 1   >>

join