It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.T.O. Universal Brotherhood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

If you have an interest in Thelema, enjoy ritual, and find you enjoy the company of those in the lodge, then there is much to gain. In my time with the O.T.O. I've met many wonderful people, enjoyed many conversations, and that alone has made it worth my time. The chance to delve deeper into the symbolism by which I interpret the world with many very educated people and have the shared experience of ceremonial magick is what keeps me there. Your mileage may vary.

It's in essence the social arm of Thelema. Take that as you will.

Love is the law, love under will.
edit on 21-12-2016 by Missletow because: clarification

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here's a little light reading from some of us here at ATS.

OTO, or Ordo Templi Orientis

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

They honestly said you can't leave the lodge? That honestly does not sound like what the lodge I joined (years back) said? It seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

When initiated beyond the Minerval degree, you become psychically linked to all members that came before you (for lack of a better way to word it at the moment). This bond is permanent. You become part of the 93 current.

Is this said just to add gravitas to the first degree initiation?

Is this said to made one think very hard before leaping into full initiation in the order?

Is this a literal fact that can not be proven nor dis-proven?

I lean toward both option 1 and 2, as I already believe all beings are permanently connect as facets of one Self, making option 3 a bit redundant. Anyway, it's on a purely non-physical level that you can not leave the order, anything else would go against the Law of Thelema.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Missletow

That i would say was a good answer to my question thank you

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Do it by yourself or find another loner to teach you. If you cannot do alone what you can do with a room full of other occultists, then you're a crap occultist.

You can find all of the OTO literature on the internet and in book shops. You can find in-depth guides to it by various practitioners who have left due to the nonsense. If your BS filter is in good shape, Crowley's a good source. However, if you are remotely gullible, Crowley and the OTO are not for you; perhaps study the eastern philosophies from which Crowley took 99.9% of his material instead (the other .01 is Hermeticism and Solomonic ish, and you should only bugger around with that if you really actually know what the hell you're doing (and if you're like kinda maybe joined with the OTO, you don't.))

I think of the OTO's permanent spiritual union thing the same as the evangelical Christian notion that if you accept Jesus once, you're a Christian forever. You're only anything as long as you're that thing, it takes more than some spiritual grace to make you a thing, it takes deeds and a state of mind. It's just another religion with its perversions and foolishness and pomp and beauty and good and bad and everything else.

And the long story short is that before you even try joining the OTO, actually try out their first year's study and practice, because it will probably make you think better of your life choices and find a different means of attaining...whatever it is you're looking for.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NotEntirelyEvilSpock

your a member ?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

No. What I'm a member of has no name.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

your group is
kinda evil ? but not entirely ?

what
does your group do ?
rituals ?
alchemy ?
meditation ?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Evil is a fascinating concept, isn't it? Fire is evil when it burns you, but when it's crackling in your fireplace, it's good.

I wouldn't call us good or evil. We fight entropy and those who promote it. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is bad, depending on who does the judging. To elaborate further would reveal more than I am ethically bound to.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I thought you got to the "YOU CAN'T LEAVE" part AFTER you conjure a demon...NEVER heard of anything ASTRAL that you can't leave.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Are YOU happy ?
Rich?
What is the thing YOU most value?
I'm 50% evil,at a guess.
Depends on what I have to do where and why.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It's all relative and subjective, no doubt about that! I just try to travel the path of least suffering to self and others, while helping and "being the change" when I can. Good on you for keeping the vow!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I have been happy. I will be happy again. Happiness is not a permanent value, nor should it be. I have been monetarily wealthy and found it to be dull and not as useful as I had imagined. I can sneak into more important places if nobody knows I'm there.

I value the protection of the evolutionary force, the equity of human beings, and the abolition of false god-instituted monarchies+their descendants's power, and other institutions of global psychosocial oppression. If you're especially clever and can find the records, my order was nearly wiped out in an unsuccessful and unreported coup to prevent the Louisiana Purchase and the inevitable genocide it would precipitate. But you'll never be able to find that bit of history, so good luck! You won't want to talk about it if you find out about us anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

No,no .
YOU go ahead I appear to have spent my own mind on the nearest sword.
I DO paint sci fi well, as a consolation and in MY state I would EASILY be beguiled,cest la ve.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I mean you no harm, no intent to fool. Be well, and fortune find you.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Qapla bro...

edit on 23-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join