It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live - Electoral College vote - C-SPAN

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
why is this not over

Because we have 51 votes take place on Nov 8th. Each state is its own entity and each state votes in their own way, including procedure for electoral college voting.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: vor78

He needs to 270...

He only needs a majority. With Hillary losing the four in Washington, the other poster is correct. Trump would win with a minimum of 268.

No, 268 is not a majority, it would be a plurality.
If he stayed on 268, it goes to the House.

Somehow, out of 5 states, I think he can manage to obtain 2 more votes. LOL.

link   
a reply to: blend57

It's not a simple majority system.

There are numerical thresholds that must be met. If neither candidate can muster the numerical minimum needed to win outright, the race falls back to the House of Representatives and they vote. In this case, we would almost certainly be looking at a Republican president. I think they are bound to pick from the three top vote getters, so I'm guessing they are going to elect Trump, but in the event they are not and can vote for any suitable candidate, then you could see something completely out of left field because the GOPe does not like Trump any more than the Democrats do.

link   

originally posted by: blend57
UKTruth

If the remaining states went to Hillary....would he not have the majority of the electoral votes and still be the winner? (worse case scenario speaking) I'm honestly asking.. 268 for trump..266 for Hillary..he would still be the winner either way..

thanks,
blendd57

If no candidate reaches 270, the vote goes to congress. I think. AugustusMasonicus is better versed in this.

link   
So... there we go, everyone happy ?
The USA has a new president.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
why is this not over

Big drama in Texas.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
If no candidate reaches 270, the vote goes to congress. I think. AugustusMasonicus is better versed in this.

The House would pick the President and the Senate would pick the Vice President.

Since they are both Republican controlled it would most assuredly be Trump/Pence.

link   
Texas is it. Adding their 38 electoral votes would give Trump 306.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: blend57
UKTruth

If the remaining states went to Hillary....would he not have the majority of the electoral votes and still be the winner? (worse case scenario speaking) I'm honestly asking.. 268 for trump..266 for Hillary..he would still be the winner either way..

thanks,
blendd57

268 would not be a majority

268 compared to 266 is indeed a majority. He would be the one with the majority of the votes would he not?

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
No - an electoral college win requires 270 electoral votes. Anything less goes to the House.

There are 538 total electoral college votes.

You're right. I was confusing it with the prior talk of states in the recount having their electors disqualified if they didn't finish on time. Since that didn't happen, he actually does need 270 to prevent it from going to the House.

edit on 19-12-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ah, you caught it.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: vor78

He needs to 270...

He only needs a majority. With Hillary losing the four in Washington, the other poster is correct. Trump would win with a minimum of 268.

No - an electoral college win requires 270 electoral votes. Anything less goes to the House.

There are 538 total electoral college votes.

Not always.

In the event the recounts had caused on the three counting states to miss casting their Electoral Votes, supposedly the mathematical threshold for victory would have dropped accordingly as though those states and their electors did not exist, so Trump would not have needed 270 then but something less.

I forget the amounts.

link   
so left wing extremists Weren't planning to start a civil war and murder everyone who voted Trump in the electoral college?

hmm...

link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I didn't read the book, but I actually heard her say it in an interview, scary but no actual proof. I personally believe Trump does and will stoop low like that, but would rather stick to facts and actual outcomes. Although she was sick that night, she was still able to do the debate.

link   
Ooh. Roll Call. Finally.

Not long now one hopes.

link   
a reply to: vor78

That was not me who said that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

268 Trump

It will be Texas that will put Trump over the top after all. Somewhat poetic justice after the MSM gave airtime day after day to one discredited elector from Texas.

They just replaced 4 faithless electors in TX and are doing the call again.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Uhm no - under US Federal law / US Constitution the needed votes from the electoral college is 270. Anything less than that the House of Reps vote for President and the Senate votes for V. President.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 19-12-2016 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

268 Trump

It will be Texas that will put Trump over the top after all. Somewhat poetic justice after the MSM gave airtime day after day to one discredited elector from Texas.

They just replaced 4 faithless electors in TX and are doing the call again.

The only faithless electors so far are 4 for Clinton.
3 others refused Clinton but were forced to change vote or were replaced. 4 in TX replaced who presumably were not going to vote for Trump.

edit on 19/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join