It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese warship stole US underwater drone as they watched

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am sure...but what will the response from the administration be?

Probably something like this:

Come on China, cut it out. Please?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The current position, as tracked on Marine Traffic.
West of Taipei, Taiwan.

~USNS Bowditch (T-AGS-21)
Ship
USNS Bowditch (T-AGS-21) was the lead ship of her class of oceanographic survey ships for the United States Navy. Wikipedia
Construction started: May 11, 1945
Launched: June 30, 1945
Length: 455′~ origional wiki..

A little more.

~USNS Bowditch (T-AGS-21) was the lead ship of her class of oceanographic survey ships for the United States Navy. Launched as the SS South Bend Victory in 1945, Maritime Commission hull number MCV 694, a type VC2-S-AP3 Victory ship, she was named for Nathaniel Bowditch, the second U.S. Navy vessel named in his honor. The ship was acquired by the Navy in August 1957 and converted to an AGS at Charleston Naval Shipyard. Named Bowditch on 8 August 1957 and placed in service 8 October 1958 for operation by the Military Sea Transportation Service (MSTS).[1]~ wiki

And thennn.

~Awarded: 29 May 1992
Builder: Halter Marine
Laid down: 16 June 1993
Launched: 15 October 1994
In service: 19 July 1996

S&F

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

At that point a Chinese naval ship that had been shadowing the Bowditch put a small boat into the water. That small boat came up alongside and the Chinese crew took one of the drones.

It shouldn't be, but that is #ing hilarious! The visual I am getting from the short description is cracking me up so badly.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

At that point a Chinese naval ship that had been shadowing the Bowditch put a small boat into the water. That small boat came up alongside and the Chinese crew took one of the drones.

It shouldn't be, but that is #ing hilarious! The visual I am getting from the short description is cracking me up so badly.

Like this!😅

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It wasn't a warship, it was a civilian crewed survey ship.

Thanks for info! And apparently the drone is commercial off-the-shelf technology that goes for $150,000.

Well, glad I got my Christmas gifts this year already under the tree. I have no idea what will happen for next year's shopping when we provoke a war of some type over a $150,000 drone. As Einstein said, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Trump needs to tell china our debt it now paid in full due to them stealing technology. Its not required to repay someone who steals from you.

That's laughable. At this point China could sell the debt that the US has to them for pennies on the dollar and basically ruin our economy. If the US declared it's debt to china "paid in full" the same thing would happen.

Laughable? no no. Its in the law that you do not have to repay a lender if they steal from you. the debt it null and void legally speaking. When countries do this you call it reparations.
Chgina also in effect started a war,and In war all debts are considered null as well between countries at war.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Maybe they should had taken a flare gun and fired it into the thieves little craft or used water cannons to knock them out of the little craft.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think the Chinese will soon tell us all exactly where this drone has been via the readouts from it's memory core.

Probably with some other friends who can confirm the data.

Title perhaps should read "US caught red handed sending Drones in to spy on the Chinese."

Let us wait for the other side of the story perhaps.

P

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Like this!

That's totally awesome. But I was thinking more like three Chinese guys in dockers and deck shoes pull up in a zodiac and just lift the thing out of the water and bail.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Maybe they should had taken a flare gun and fired it into the thieves little craft or used water cannons to knock them out of the little craft.

Yeah but they didn't. Why do you suppose that is, yuppa?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
About 30 years ago....

www.nytimes.com...

Iranian casualties were believed to have been heavy. The official Iranian press agency said there were deaths and injuries aboard the oil platforms attacked, but it gave no numbers. Late today, the Pentagon said that one American Cobra helicopter was missing with its two-man crew. The Iranian press agency said one American helicopter had been shot down by Iran's navy. 'No Illusions,' Reagan Warns ''We've taken this action to make certain the Iranians have no illusions about the cost of irresponsible behavior,'' President Reagan said today.

''We aim to deter Iranian aggression, not provoke it. ''They must know that we will protect our ships, and if they threaten us, they'll pay a price,'' he said. Congressional leaders, who were consulted by the White house before the military action began last night and kept closely informed today, largely supported President Reagan's action and called it a justified response to Iran's renewed mining off the gulf. ''There will be no fight as long as they keep consulting,'' said Representative Tony Coelho of California, the House Democratic whip, who has been a frequent critic of the Administration's foreign policy.

The clashes between Iranian and American ships and planes occurred at several locations, and expanded as Iranian forces attacked or threatened American warships, an oil tanker flying the British flag, an oil platform operated by an American company in the Mubarak oilfield off Sharjah, and a commercial supply ship flying the American flag. Heaviest Fighting to Date

Sometimes you have to take action to show you are not weak
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002016-12-16T22:36:25-06:001025 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So Obama is angry at Russia and China now?

Cant see anything going wrong there.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
So Obama is angry at Russia and China now?

East Asia and Eurasia vs. Oceania. Go figure. Maybe Orwell was not so far fetched after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Yeah but they didn't. Why do you suppose that is, yuppa?

BEcause they didnt act fast enough to do so. a un armed zodiac is easy to disable. and They do it to Somali pirates all th e time with water cannons. why not chinese?

Oh i can see it now. CHinese ambassador explaining them shooting civilians for stealing their drone to take back to china.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It's a COTS unit, that was 150 miles from anything claimed by the Chinese. They don't have that much range, and except for getting oceanographic readings aren't that sophisticated.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: MagicCow

I love your childish behavior of taking words and altering their meaning and not quite understanding the difference between declaring war and showing strength. Ah, that is nice. I said good bye, no need to respond darling.

I know you're talking to the other guy..

But I had to reply..

"Showing stregth" in this scenario would be excessive force. It's like you getting you @ss kicked by a cop for stealing a twinkie from the gas station.

It's like being at a bar.. bumping into a guy.. and he turns around and pushes you aggressively.. and instead of deescalating you mouth off...

"Showing strength" creates additional conflict and escalates the situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The relations had to worsen to ease planned justified unilateral economic correction. They are being pre-trumped by their own actions to be fully trumped next year. Send them a gift basket and hear the facepalms.
If they are dumb enough they will behave like NK and make it even less bilateral.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
they aint goooon do sh1tt. if you think this is gonna cause a war between superpowers you need to quit watching too many movies. just chill. ww3 aint happening. well at least not for a while.
edit on 17-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
China the thief.
No-one is advocating starting a war, but for sure there is huge middle ground between that and doing nothing.

I's like.... a thief comes into my back garden, steals my lawnmower, and all I can do is say "pretty please sir may I have my property back" later???
Not even whack him around the head with a garden spade to prevent a theft?
Okay so in the lawnmower scenario.... I do nothing to help prevent the theft from occurring, the case goes to court, the property gets returned to me likely in several hundred pieces, so all done and dusted? NO ..... Where is the punishment? You know that little thing used throughout history to administer justice and deter future criminal adventures. Nope that's right, no punishment. Sigh.

China the thief. Sorry but there need to be consequences or China will trample and steal all over everybody in those seas, this is merely a symptom of their increasing arrogance. I daresay we never got back many parts that they stole from the EP-3 in 2001 after they ripped it apart. Theft.

But it's all good, what we've done so far is sure gonna make them think twice before doing anything like that ever again, right? Lol. Pathetic.

China the thief.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Denoli

It wasn't a warship, it was a civilian crewed survey ship.

The BBC reported it as fishermen who stole it...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join