It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharyl Attkisson: Fake News is a Propaganda Campaign Started by the Left.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

thats not what im saying. what it showed is that the world media is all working together to push whatever agenda they may want. they all had the facts laid out for them yet they all went with the headlines that georgia attacked russia to push that narrative. when u can read one paragraph in and see that the russians were the aggressors then why would they all coordinate their headlines to try and flip it 180 degrees. if what u say about local news being better then the national is true then how come every local paper worldwide also fell in line with the narrative they were trying to push? cause its all controlled to push an agenda. why they were protecting the russians then is beyond me. just cause they all get the facts from one place doesnt mean they all will write the same article yet that is exactly what happened on a global scale
edit on 16-12-2016 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
a reply to: 3daysgone

maybe your local stations are different then mine then cause they pretty much are right inline with the national media in my area. oh and its not just national, its global. remember when russia attacked georgia a few years back? all english newspapers put up the headline within mins of each other worldwide saying georgia attacks russia. then the article goes on to explain how russia fired on the georgian tanks and the tanks fired back. well that headline is 180 degrees from the truth but it showed how the world media is all working together.

My local station is pretty good. I agree with everything else you said.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: CB328

thats not what im saying. what it showed is that the world media is all working together to push whatever agenda they may want.

Both sides of the news make shiite up just to increase ratings. It's all about ratings. News has no agenda. Just the desire to make money. There really is no news on TV. I only believe my own personal experiences as news.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Both sides of the aisle have their "fake news". The funny part about it is the hardcore leftists think only the right are given fake news. I literally LOL at my desk every morning at some of these threads.

I think a major part of the problem specifically on this site is the blatant racism charges us Trump supporters have had to endure for the past year or so. It's ridiculous and to be frank is an all-time low partisan attack by the leftists of this site. It's one thing to hear MSM pushing the narrative that we're all racists or bigots. It's another when fellow posters on this site are calling you a racist over supporting a candidate. I used to come to ATS to get an unbiased view of political news since it's so hard with the MSM. Now, I don't even take this site seriously anymore. It's become a site to troll the trolls basically.

I agree this site has become boring. Same crap spewed out by a certain few members. I can't figure out how they have time to work, unless they are working already?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Obviously the 1st Amendment rights only apply to Republicans. This is because all Republican opinions are "facts". Where as opinions from Democrats are "lies".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really thought this would be the year the anarchists would finally get organized. Boy, was I wrong!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

geeze you really shouldnt jump to wild conclusions. both sides get bad news. the difference ive noticed when debating republicans and democrats is that the republicans when given the evidence that refutes there point will usually agree or atleast concede some points. on the flip side, when the evidence is presented to democrats they usually start going to personal attacks or deflection and they dig there heels in even harder which ends up making them look completely foolish yet they will continue on down that path indefinetly. its as if no matter how much evidence i present it doesnt matter to them. for example, the decades of lying HRC has done that is on the record.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well i think its a battle between types of people rather than left/right. People that care about their image and social standing join left. People that have trust issues and have close group of friends join right.
edit on 17-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

you realize how illogical that is. you cant get a close group of friends if u have trust issues. the liberals cant be summed up so simply either and i dont even agree with your examples given. alot of it has to do with where u live and the population that surrounds u. when u surround yourself with like minded people u end up reinforcing the exact same viewpoints. we as a people need to have the maturity to actually have a conversation with people on differing viewpoints without people throwing a huge fit and losing their mind. this is how we grow and become better as human beings. empathy is also something we should all practice. really try to see it from the others viewpoint and u can gain a completely different level of understanding but that seems to be lost these days.
edit on 17-12-2016 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Some of it hasn't got anything to do with politics at all, it's done purely on a financial incentive.

How teens in the Balkans are duping Trump supporters

BBC did a report on it too.

BBC report

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Some of it hasn't got anything to do with politics at all, it's done purely on a financial incentive.

How teens in the Balkans are duping Trump supporters

BBC did a report on it too.

BBC report

yeah thats pretty funny. whats sad is so few people actually fact check, especially in this age of clickbait headlines. it usually takes all of 5 minutes. its not just one sided there were many pro democrat sites that were doing the exact same thing, wouldnt even surprise me if it was the same group of people trying to get those clicks for $$$. starting to make me think we need more oversight on sites like wikipedia aswell. those get tampered with constantly and many people take wiki as gospel.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

A few years ago "Weapons found in Mosque" type headlines were doing the rounds here in the UK on social media, a lot of it is just for those clicks... Heck I've clicked on such articles before knowing pretty much that they'd be fake.

It's easy money, we'll always love a good story the more sensational the better. It's nothing new really, it's just now it (apparently) matters.

edit on 17-12-2016 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sharyl Attkisson is quite obviously correct. Brave of her to be truthful at a time of such propaganda by the left including the federal govt.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It is dishonest for anyone to say that the Left is the problem here, when the Right is engaging in the same push for censorship and violation of the 1st amendment.

So we agree, Left and Right are EQUALLY bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Amazing how people buy into one 'side' or the other is lying...

Besides that liars accuse everyone of lying, both sides are really part of the same Establishment.

Its a psyop to get everyone to believe in 'sides' and internal conflict, when really they all go one way together. Except when they misinform us who's guilty of their activity.

If they can't ignore it outright, they call it classified, and if its in plain sight they blame each other for the 'screwup'. Even that is damage control, with no other punitive action taken... business as usual.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: introvert

It is dishonest for anyone to say that the Left is the problem here, when the Right is engaging in the same push for censorship and violation of the 1st amendment.

So we agree, Left and Right are EQUALLY bad.

No, left and right are both sides of the same coin.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

geeze you really shouldnt jump to wild conclusions. both sides get bad news. the difference ive noticed when debating republicans and democrats is that the republicans when given the evidence that refutes there point will usually agree or atleast concede some points. on the flip side, when the evidence is presented to democrats they usually start going to personal attacks or deflection and they dig there heels in even harder which ends up making them look completely foolish yet they will continue on down that path indefinetly. its as if no matter how much evidence i present it doesnt matter to them. for example, the decades of lying HRC has done that is on the record.

THIS. 100%

My Liberal friends are all in full on flailing mode. Flinging blame at anything other than the DNC and the Hillary Campaign itself.

They simply refuse to acknowledge that Hillary was just THAT bad of a candidate.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yep there are certain segments of our culture who might have much to lose with a shaker and mover who vows to change the Sh*t pond that Washington has become with it's oligarchy and revolving door of monied lobbyist..

So, putting billionaires in charge of the departments of the government isn't "oligarchy"?

Are you serious?

Also - you were never going to "lose your guns" under ANYONE's platform. That part is a ..... um...FAKE NEWS.

There was a communist manifesto which was exposed during the late 50s that explained how to destroy America... Looks like they have tirelessly continued their plans and are now looking at their well laid plans bear fruit.

You do know who Putin is, right? Do you really not see that with Trump in bed with Putin and now 'team-picking' from the billionaires who he feels can dismantle the entire government he is THE NWO? How are you missing the connection?

These people - from Mnuchin to Tillerson - are the CORRUPT people. sheesh

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I did research on the fake news and I found out that there really is fake news out there. A CEO of a number of fake news sites said he targets conservatives because they eat it up. He says he does it for the advertising money. What is wrong with denying ignorance and putting the fake news in the hoax bin? Would you rather be misled?

According to this CEO, he did try liberal fake news sites but the liberals did too much fact-checking and it just didn't take off.
edit on 17amSat, 17 Dec 2016 09:04:15 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join