It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharyl Attkisson: Fake News is a Propaganda Campaign Started by the Left.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Following is a video interview with Emmy award winning and former journalist (now an author) Sharyl Attkisson, in which she speaks frankly that "Fake News" is a propaganda campaign by the left to censor news they don't want people to hear about.

She nails it on how this is an agenda by the left/progressives to censor "certain views" that disagree with left-wing goals and politics.

You know, one thing is for the people who are part of the left-wing in power that want to control what news people hear, or read. But what is really bothering is at how many regular people actually agree with this obvious attempt at controlling "the free alternative press" that a lot of people, even in this website, seem to agree with.

Just because you disagree with something, you want to censor it?

edit on 16-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yep there are certain segments of our culture who might have much to lose with a shaker and mover who vows to change the Sh*t pond that Washington has become with it's oligarchy and revolving door of monied lobbyist..

People who hate guns .... ban all guns as some on the so called progressive side want.. Others just don't buy them

Some People who are vegan... Ban all meat for everyone.... others just don't buy meat

Before the election Clinton saying anyone who would challenge the election results was misinformed on how the process is supposed to work.... of course that was when she and hers thought they had the election wrapped up with a bow and everything.

Ike told us there were unseen forces tirelessly at work to destroy the republic news.shiftdailynews.com...

I only have a few years of life left and for me I hope I am not laid upon my death bed as I watch the America which untold numbers have died for destroyed from within.. If it happens then I suppose we get what we deserve..

There was a communist manifesto which was exposed during the late 50s that explained how to destroy America... Looks like they have tirelessly continued their plans and are now looking at their well laid plans bear fruit.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The key indicator to back up this claim is that 'fake news' wasn't news until November 10th, thereafter, all left wing propaganda outlets started churning out this 'Russia interfered' crap at break-neck speed.

'Pathetic' has a new poster child.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Fake news is consumed and propagated by both the left and the right in equal number

This election should lead show that

This is a hit piece to further the divide .....

Choose to propagate it...or break the cycle

What's more important, your partasanship or the country?

The choice is yours

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Both sides of the aisle have their "fake news". The funny part about it is the hardcore leftists think only the right are given fake news. I literally LOL at my desk every morning at some of these threads.

I think a major part of the problem specifically on this site is the blatant racism charges us Trump supporters have had to endure for the past year or so. It's ridiculous and to be frank is an all-time low partisan attack by the leftists of this site. It's one thing to hear MSM pushing the narrative that we're all racists or bigots. It's another when fellow posters on this site are calling you a racist over supporting a candidate. I used to come to ATS to get an unbiased view of political news since it's so hard with the MSM. Now, I don't even take this site seriously anymore. It's become a site to troll the trolls basically.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

We do not need to censor "fake news". We just need to inform people so that they are aware of it.

What's funny though, is the calls from people on the Right for the FCC to get involved and revoke the licences of media outlets like CNN, MSNBC and such.

It is dishonest for anyone to say that the Left is the problem here, when the Right is engaging in the same push for censorship and violation of the 1st amendment.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We do not need to censor "fake news". We just need to inform people so that they are aware of it.

What's funny though, is the calls from people on the Right for the FCC to get involved and revoke the licences of media outlets like CNN, MSNBC and such.

It is dishonest for anyone to say that the Left is the problem here, when the Right is engaging in the same push for censorship and violation of the 1st amendment.

Got a link? This is the first I have heard of that. As a person that most would consider "on the right" I disagree with using government force to censor anyone. Those 'news outlets' are withering on the vine without any help.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Got a link? This is the first I have heard of that. As a person that most would consider "on the right" I disagree with using government force to censor anyone. Those 'news outlets' are withering on the vine without any help.

I'd have to rummage through the fake news threads on ATS to find a link. I was referring to our fellow members.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think all news should be allowed, and it's up to the reader to verify it's factual base. But when the MSM, (the main ones) are spreading bull#, it has a serious effect on the population as a whole. Most people aren't involved enough to vet their news, they just accept what they are told. So even though we at ATS might see through some garbage, most won't.

In that light, the MSM should be held to a higher standard and as of late, they are doing the exact thing they claim to be against.

how to police that, I have no idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I'd have to rummage through the fake news threads on ATS to find a link. I was referring to our fellow members.

I've seen these calls too.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think all news should be allowed, and it's up to the reader to verify it's factual base. But when the MSM, (the main ones) are spreading bull#, it has a serious effect on the population as a whole. Most people aren't involved enough to vet their news, they just accept what they are told. So even though we at ATS might see through some garbage, most won't.

In that light, the MSM should be held to a higher standard and as of late, they are doing the exact thing they claim to be against.

how to police that, I have no idea.

There is no higher standard than freedom of the press and freedom of speech. Sometimes those freedoms come with consequences, but we should not be creating different level of standards of freedom.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree. But how do we get the MSM to realize how important their fact checking needs to be? Or do we let this continue to be news sold to the highest bidder?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There was a communist manifesto which was exposed during the late 50s that explained how to destroy America..

Agreed and here is a video that was floating around here all about that. It is long. It goes into how the whole infiltration process goes, the stages the population must go through. Destabilization, demoralization etc.

edit on 16-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I agree. But how do we get the MSM to realize how important their fact checking needs to be? Or do we let this continue to be news sold to the highest bidder?

We need to get people themselves to understand how important fact-checking is. Relying on he media to do it for us is lazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think they can write and publish it, I'd just like to see it labeled as "fiction" or "satire". Many people don't seem to be able to tell the difference anymore. Sadly. It might help to tell them what they are reading.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
the only acceptable censorship is self-censorship. media outlets must be responsible enough to police themselves.
any government interference can only make things worse, no matter how well-intentioned.

the answer would for the public to turn off the MSNBCs that are obviously fake. of course even with tiny numbers these outlets keep plugging along, never deviating from their extreme povs.

can't help wondering if wealthy ideologues (Soros?) are propping these outlets up.

sort of like the USSR subsidizing the CPUSA back in the day.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

We need to get people themselves to understand how important fact-checking is. Relying on he media to do it for us is lazy.

But the majority of the population is lazy, at least in regards to the news. I agree with you on this, but to think that getting the public to fact check their news is like asking them to look past Parisian ideals. (even we "the enlightened ones" can't do that.)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So in one post, it's "the right".

Then in another post it's "ats members".

So which one is "fake" ?

November 9th, 2016 was the dawn of the age of confusion.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

"Fake News" doesn't refer to a difference in opinion or a slant/bias/spin/lean/whatever — it refers to complete fabrications — i.e., s# that never happened.

Take the "fakes news" story, Pope Francies Endorses Donald Trump For President for instance.

THAT S# DIDN'T HAPPEN.

How much more clear can this be made? That's a hoax. Call it "hoax news" if "fake news" triggers you. It's not "alternative journalism" or "indepedent journalism" — it's complete fabrication.

While the term "fake news" might be trendy now, what it refers to didn't just pop into existence after the election. You're not doing anyone any favors by conflating the two and pushing denial.

In fact, let's get real here. There is a denial agenda being promoted by the fringe-right to keep people hooked on hoaxes.

edit on 2016-12-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i think that news story is fake news created by the right to stop the left from stopping fake news created by the right, about the left.... and vice versa...

this is just a fad. it will go away when they want to shift the public's attention to something else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join