It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Trump sit for 7-hour deposition in early January

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Now... if you haven't been following all the lawsuits against Trump (and there are many people suing him for theft of services and breach of contract). Earlier this year (before the election) it was noted that the trial could start as early as December/January... so this isn't some new attack out of the blue, here. He settled the Trump University one but there are others out there, I believe.

That said...

President-elect in dispute with celebrity chef
By Laura Jarrett CNN
Published 12/14 2016 10:22PMUpdated 12/14 2016 10:59PM

Source (CNN)
Before President-elect Donald Trump heads to the White House on January 20, he will find himself back in the witness chair for questioning in his ongoing contractual dispute with celebrity chef, Jose Andres.

DC Superior Court Judge Jennifer A. Di Toro ruled Wednesday that Trump must sit for a deposition in New York City the first week of January, and it may last up to seven hours.

Trump sued Andres for breach of contract after Andres backed out of a plan for a restaurant in Trump's new luxury hotel in Washington. Andres claimed he canceled plans for the project after Trump made disparaging remarks about Mexicans during the presidential campaign.

And of course, Trump responded as he usually does with a lawsuit (not thinking strategically about this; undoubtedly assuming that Andres would simply back down.) Andres did offer an olive branch:

On Tuesday, Andres suggested the parties bring their lawsuit to an end and instead donate money to a veterans organization, tweeting: "Mr. @realDonaldTrump can we end our lawsuits and we donate $ to a Veterans NGO to celebrate? Why keep litigating? Let's both of us win."

Some interesting information about the 75 lawsuits still open against Trump are at this link

I thought this comment was interesting about the nature of those lawsuits:

Most of the 75 open lawsuits are likely going nowhere. More than a dozen of the 20 ongoing federal cases where Trump is a defendant are actual nonsense, filed against the future president along with co-defendants Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and even Walt Disney, on behalf of seemingly mentally-ill plaintiffs. (Anyone can file a lawsuit.) The complaints in the wildest cases include allegations of kidnapping by the president-elect and his son—members of the supposed Illuminati.

Others may turn out to be much more legitimate. Members of Trump’s golf course in Jupiter, Florida, are currently suing the flaxen-haired businessman for $2.4 million for taking fees and dues while allegedly blocking admission to the actual club.

(I note that this was first reported in news sources around 48 hours prior. Didn't find it here on a search, but if it's a duplicate, then mods please close and trash)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
CNN & the Daily Beast

Gotcha...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He's the plaintiff, and it's a deposition. If you aren't aware, a deposition is basically an on the record fact check performed by the other legal team prior to trial. With the testimony they get from him they then go and decide whether to pursue towards a trial or work out a settlement.

It's quite common in lawsuits, in fact it's pretty much SOP.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

You claiming this is not happening?.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Trump should be able to win this lawsuit. I don't know if he would want to be tied up in that when he has an important job to do though. Why doesn't the guy reconsider and get the restaurant going. He would be renting from the President.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
CNN & the Daily Beast

Gotcha...

It is public and court record. You can find it anywhere. The dismissal of MSM sources reporting regular day to day news is becoming silly.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

CNN & the Daily Beast

Gotcha...
The dismissal of MSM sources reporting regular day to day news is becoming silly.
I think you will find many people (including myself) think CNN and most of MSN are the silly ones. They prove it week after week if not daily.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: reldra

CNN & the Daily Beast

Gotcha...
The dismissal of MSM sources reporting regular day to day news is becoming silly.
I think you will find many people (including myself) think CNN and most of MSN are the silly ones. They prove it week after week if not daily.

The cry wolf analogy?

One can always fact check to be sure.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Welcome to the future....We will see this dismissal for the next four years at least. They will report news and Trumpeters will scoff and shout fake even when true.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A business owner I know, who employs 500+, is sued weekly. The suits are not employee or past-employee suits, but suits brought against the owner, employee(s), and business. When I asked incredulously how the business can defend so many suits, the owner shrugged and stated, "It is a cost of doing business in today's litigious world." I suppose the expense just becomes another line item on the tax return.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

You are lying. Stop it. PLease.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: EightAhoy
You are lying. Stop it. PLease.

An entire layer of the legal profession economy is built around nuisance suites. It is reality. Settle for $2500 and it goes away.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

CNN & the Daily Beast

Gotcha...

Actually the one source isnt even CNN
Some kinda eeriepeople.com (?)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Much like the left has called real when it was actually fake?

Make a valid argument.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
A business owner I know, who employs 500+, is sued weekly. The suits are not employee or past-employee suits, but suits brought against the owner, employee(s), and business. When I asked incredulously how the business can defend so many suits, the owner shrugged and stated, "It is a cost of doing business in today's litigious world." I suppose the expense just becomes another line item on the tax return.

Exactly.

Rich people get sued regularly. Everyone is trying to get something from them.
And in the business world, people will sue over every little thing. Many people create situations to have a reason to sue.

Attorneys seek out reasons to sue those with money. It's what they do.
You just have to watch TV and see all of those commercials with law firms seeking out clients regarding some issues in order to drum up business for lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not really. They are corporate, and therefore not to be trusted.

However, dismissing news just because it came from those locations as opposed to from any other profit making venture (none of which can be trusted, regardless of polarity politically speaking) IS silly, very silly indeed. You should not be trusting any news from any source, but you should be researching what is told to you, looking into things yourself, and learning the facts at least, which may or may not pertain to the story as told.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hillary has about 20 FOIA lawsuits pending. Odds of her winning any of those are slim to none having circumvented the whole process for years. Media refuses to discuss it or how much the legal fees are costing her since she is paying them for her staff as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

So? Hillary isn't the President-elect. How much longer can you guys keep the "What about Hillary?" defense/deflection going? It's time to move on buddy. The election is over.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Not sure I'm following the issue here ?

Trump sued Andres for breach of contract after Andres backed out of a plan for a restaurant in Trump's new luxury hotel in Washington. Andres claimed he canceled plans for the project after Trump made disparaging remarks about Mexicans during the presidential campaign.

From your own snippet and source They Had a contract. Andres Chose to break the contract and Trump is suing him for breach of contract. What exactly is the problem?

Unless the contract had a clause that prevented Trump from saying stupid things , I'm not sure I see the issue?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
He doesn't have to physically seat for it, he can do the deposition from the comfort of his offices in NY, via online conference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join