It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Researchers resort to "Guerrilla Archiving" to Safeguard Key Data from Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Bang on - the PTB refuse to consider molten salt nuclear and insist on energy sources that are too expensive and do NOT result in the reduction of carbon emissions.

They don't seem very worried about global warming at all.

when I see Leonardo DiCaprio and Al Gore live in a 3 bedroom house on no more than an acre of land and not flying around the world so that they can celebrate New Year twice, then I might listen to them. But by their actions, I have no choice but to conclude that the global warming is a scam.

When 50,000 activists fly around the world to discuss another non-binding treaty instead of skying, I know they don't believe in global warming either.

Its about ideology, not science.

Tired of Controlf

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Metallicus

What fascinating hatred toward scientific research, given that you are posting on the internet; itself the result of scientific research in a slightly different field.

Well, this is part of an alarming trend where opinion is given just as much weight as fact and science is suspect. There are those who see dark ages ahead, in which rational thinking has to go underground. The signs are out there...and plentiful at ATS as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

You are just trying to bait me into a meaningless rant with you. One of your disinfirmation, trash the climate thread tactics you constantly pull. For the record I live aboard my sailboat that technically is a small yacht. You must have ignored that part of my comment.

When one attacks Al Gore(and now Leonardo DiCaprio) instead of addressing the VALID SCIENCE behind anthropgenic climate change, they are not here to have a meaningful discussion, they are here to sling mud and drown out reasonable discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

When the PTB delivered Al Gore's movie to the school kiddies, despite the 8 errors of science, he IS part of a reasonable discussion.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

And was the link you provided news or opinion. Where is the proof that something valuable was trashed without being digitized.

A lie when spoken often enough, becomes the truth.

I now want proof!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ya, its just like the Church hunting down scientists in the middle ages? Please, you can still research it you just arent getting Gubment funding.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

And was the link you provided news or opinion. Where is the proof that something valuable was trashed without being digitized. A lie when spoken often enough, becomes the truth. I now want proof!

The Harper Government Has Trashed and Destroyed Environmental Books and Documents
Harper had an anti-science, pro-oil agenda. It tainted everything he touched. He even shut down archaeological research out of fear that it might give the Danes a claim on Arctic oil!

If you need more than what I've provided, you're just looking to waste my time. That's another phenomenon that's been recently recognised. This has been an enlightening exchange, to be sure!

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Ya, its just like the Church hunting down scientists in the middle ages? Please, you can still research it you just arent getting Gubment funding.
...and Trump is telling the department he wants the names of everyone engaged in climate research...just like the Church in the Middle Ages.
edit on 15-12-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Collecting names?

Where does it say that?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Collecting names?
Where does it say that?

Department of Energy refuses to reveal names of climate scientists to Trump

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Meh, Same old same old.

While a request for information for an incoming president is not unusual,

You think the list is for a round up or to get names to see who to replace with someone else?

Why do people persist in thinking he will round up anyone? It would never work!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Meh, Same old same old.

While a request for information for an incoming president is not unusual,
You think the list is for a round up or to get names to see who to replace with someone else?
Why do people persist in thinking he will round up anyone? It would never work!

I think it's for containment...not detainment. It's sure as hell not for his Christmas card list. Anyway, you brought up the concept, not me.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Climate Researchers resort to "Guerrilla Archiving" to Safeguard Key Data from Trump

Isn't that what the Vatican did with the real bible and other 'biblical stuff'.

The church of Climatology stikes again.

I can't wait until the 'holy' crusades start forcing other people in to their belief system.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Isn't that what the Vatican did with the real bible and other 'biblical stuff'.
The church of Climatology stikes again.
I can't wait until the 'holy' crusades start forcing other people in to their belief system.

How people can protest the protection of knowledge is beyond me...but it does prove the point that it's necessary.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I agree. Protecting knowledge is always valuable for whatever the motive.

But we all know a propaganda stunt when we see it.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Exactly. I guess my people here lack the basic reading comprehension skills to figure out the difference between archiving/ and backing up knowledge vs suppressing it. The information is still there for any who want to read it, or at least until it's all destroyed. Smart move on the scientists part. Reminds me of the efforts of scholars and wise men at the fall of Rome who tried to save the archives from the barbarian hordes. A pretty apt comparison for today.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A 5 year old child can see how pathetic and frankly boring and brainwashed these institutions are.

All of science bows to a governing body..and is controlled enough so humans are not ever allowed to be free...finding the actual truth on these subjects would lead to immediate Universal Changes...and they are afraid we would discipline them immediately...which of course is exactly what will happen...

ALL WILL SEE THE TRUTH OF ALL...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

What propulsion do you use when going in/out of harbor or when there is no wind at sea?

Diesal by chance?

What do you charge battery bank with when weather is bad?

Diesal perhaps?

Yah

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I would hope that as part of their efforts to "preserve" the data, they will finally release the raw data without adjustments.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Future generations will be broken

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join