It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Targ - Banned TED Talk about Psychic Abilities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
I am going to tell all of you a story.

It was actually developed very recently and the Author is Unknown as in the person who prepared it preferred to relate to the Karma it would endure.

There was this Man he had died and from their he ended up is a place where there were rolling hills and a path between then. He decided to follow that path, where is encountered a dog that was alive when he was a child...

Ow. The author will probably have to pay royalties to Earl Hamner Jr's estate.

I think the first one of these stories I recall was "The Hunt", an episode of Twilight Zone.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Never heard of these guys before but typed in image Ingo Swann and there some strange sexual paintings ?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It is virtually impossible to duplicate research when your test subjects can be impacted by their environments, daily lives, stresses, etc... An individual who presents with extraordinary skills one day may be having a bad day the next. Someone who has Deja Vue experiences can't control them. They just show up. People who have premonitions in their dreams can't necessarily ask their "spirit guide" for more information.

That being said, there is evidence of repeatable, consistent prognostication and/or communication. There are a handful of people who seem to have some extraordinary sense. There are people who can "remote view" though I don't feel that is a particularly accurate nomenclature. Additionally, there are loads of "ghost hunters" who present "evidence" of non-corporeal entities. I used the quotation marks as I cannot validate their evidence as I wasn't there and even if I had been, it would still be up to you to trust me or not. I've been out paranormal seeking & have personally gathered "evidence", repeatedly in the same location, that I absolutely cannot explain. I personally know a few people who, in an inexplicable manner, just "know" things they couldn't possibly know. But, upon interviewing them, only two reference a "spirit guide" as their helper while the others said simply that they didn't know how it happens & they just all of sudden know certain things. Another woman told me she has 5 or 7 "guides" (I don't remember right now whether it was 5 or 7) who work together to guide her.

The lack of success in the CIA program is partially due to unrealistic expectations. It is very difficult to randomly peek into a building or room just to see what's there. If you ask a remote viewer, or even just a general psychic, for assistance finding a specific lost item, they will be able to "anchor" to that particular object. Sometimes they can see part of the room for identification purposes but they can't remotely stroll through someone's home to just check out things. That being said, I don't know for certain that there's no one who can do that. I've just never come across someone who can truly do that. I've met people who believe they are able to astral project but as is often the case, it's not truly demonstrable.

My understanding is that Scientology schools begin teaching mind expansion techniques in primary school with the goal of creating telekinesis & remote viewing abilities. I have a friend who found themselves in a Scientology school and was asked to levitate a pencil & remotely view what was on written instructions paper in another room in about 5th grade. My friend said they were unable to ever do the remote viewing but saw with their own eyes the kid sitting next to them levitate the pencil. I will reserve judgement on the level of appropriate parenting involved or not. I have no issue with Scientology teaching mind techniques for memory, meditation, even telekinesis to adults who can make the choice to learn but the underlying reasons for teaching these techniques is, to me, open to question.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join