It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Targ - Banned TED Talk about Psychic Abilities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Rupert Sheldrake Wiki.

and more specifically:

www.sheldrake.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Chris Carter as in the executive producer of X Files?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No. Chris Carter as in the Oxford Philosopher. But I bet he likes the X-Files...

Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics

Science and The Near-Death Experience: How Consciousness Survives Death
and
Science and the Afterlife Experience: Evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness

and this one is not one I've seen, but want to read:
Rupert Sheldrake's 2012 book:
Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Derren Brown did an interesting program on it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Riffrafter

Could you please help with the decoding of the acronyms in your tale?

I am very fascinated by all of this.
Have any of you read any Chris Carter? or Rupert Sheldrake?

lol - sorry. I often forget that many people aren't familiar with the acronyms.

I use them every day as do many people I know so it's just another part of the English language to me. I'll also post some links so you can get more info on each. Here goes:

SRI = Stanford Research Institute - SRI Wiki Link

CA = California

NY = New York

DARPA = Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - DARPA Wiki link

ONI = Office of Naval Intelligence - Office of Naval Intelligence website

TS = Top Secret (level of security classification)

SCI = Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (level/type of security classification)

TS/SCI = Combination of above two. - List of US Security Clearance terms

SCIF = Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility. Place to discuss TS/SCI info - SCIF Wiki

Hope that helps.

edit on 12/16/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

Your vid doesn't work, sir.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Well it would be great if you could provide some linkage to the work of Rupert Sheldrake.

www.google.com...=Rupert+Sheldrake

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Taken from your Wikipedia link:

Sheldrake's morphic resonance hypothesis posits that "memory is inherent in nature"[3][7] and that "natural systems, such as termite colonies, or pigeons, or orchid plants, or insulin molecules, inherit a collective memory from all previous things of their kind".[7] Sheldrake proposes that it is also responsible for "telepathy-type interconnections between organisms".[8] His advocacy of the idea encompasses paranormal subjects such as precognition, telepathy and the psychic staring effect[9][10] as well as unconventional explanations of standard subjects in biology such as development, inheritance, and memory.[11]

The Psychic Staring Effect, taken from Wikipedia:

The psychic staring effect (sometimes called scopaesthesia) is a supposed phenomenon in which humans detect being stared at by extrasensory means.

I have this happen to me quite frequently. In fact, I can explain it in terms that will corroborate my psychic hacking hypothesis.

As I said in an earlier post, cues can be observed and used to extrapolate enough information to yield results.

An example from my life:

When I was 22 and living in Miami Beach I worked as a pizza maker. One one of my first days on the job I was in the store early in the morning with the owner and I was setting up my station and preparing the first pies for the morning. The owner was walking around the store, moving chairs, refilling condiments and such and so even though I had my back to him I had an image in my mind's eye of what he was doing based on the sounds that I heard coming from behind. Once I started tossing the dough and stretching it in the air I heard everything around me go silent and I 'knew' he was starring at me. Sure enough, I turned around and he was staring, watching to make sure my technique was up to par.

Another example is in Psychoacoustics. There are experiments where test subjects were played music through a pair of headphones and they would play two different versions of the song. One had a sample rate that did not exceed the threshold of inaudibility in the range of hertz, the other version's sample rate went beyond the threshold and included sounds that were in a frequency range that were inaudible to humans.

The subjects were asked to pick which version of the song sounded 'better' or which version had more quality. A majority of subjects selected the song that had more sounds but some that were inaudible. The conjecture from all this is that despite ourselves not having the physical capacity to hear these frequencies, the inaudible frequencies themselves interact with and resonate off of the audible ones in an effect that produces an observable change. So essentially, the song that had both audible and inaudible frequencies had more entropy and therefor had more quality to the sound.

Even though we may not be able to directly experience sounds in higher frequency ranges, we are indirectly experiencing them based on our ability to detect their affect on sound we hear in the audible spectrum.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Seems like a decent place to post the only psychic experience I ever had that can't be debunked and terms of guessing this one would be millions if not billions to one. Anyway eight years ago I found a like minded girl and we would go on silly ghost hunts only to make out and do stuff in these "haunted houses". I was much more into the occult then she was and one night when she was painting her nails I decided to paint mine black. (only time I ever did)

Anyways while we were snuggling on the couch watching the movie stigmata, I saw a very strong image of a triangle in a heart with a red static background in my third eye. There was a notepad on the table in front of us so i felt inclined to draw it, she exclaimed oh my god! Burst into tears ran upstairs and brought down a sketch she had drawn that morning. I lost the original sketch she did over the years but I redrew a quick representation of both my sketch and hers.

Heres the pics and besides it being a teepee the only major difference in the symbol itself not the details is in her drawing the top of the teepee did not exceed the top of the heart like my vision had here are the pics.

edit on 17-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I can vouche for this phenomenon of people instinctively knowing they are being stared at and in my experience has occurred thousands of times. My parents bought a new car with fully tinted windows I sat in the backseat when we went to a yearly car enthusiast party. On the way back I stared at every hot girl passing by over the ravenall bridge in SC. Not only did the driver stare straight back into my eyes the cute passenger friends did as well, most of whom were even wearing shades. I exclaimed these tinted windows suck every chick knows I'm looking at them. To which they responded impossible no one can see you I tested it when I got home, no one could see me. There is no doubt in my mind people instinctively know they are being stared at especially by those that are enlightened and have opened their chakras and worked towards rasing their kundalini. It happened about five times and they gave me a horrible scowl almost knowing my sexual intention. My theory is that it's an evolutionary developed ability to protect ones self, almost like having eyes in the back of their heads. What's really surprising is that it seems to occur for everyone even those that don't believe in the paranormal or psychic abilities whatsoever which lead to my theory.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just posting to read it later.
Seems very interesting!
S&F!
edit on 17-12-2016 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Music break...

edit on 18-12-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am going to tell all of you a story.

It was actually developed very recently and the Author is Unknown as in the person who prepared it preferred to relate to the Karma it would endure.

There was this Man he had died and from their he ended up is a place where there were rolling hills and a path between then. He decided to follow that path, where is encountered a dog that was alive when he was a child.

Together he and the dog continued upon the path and encountered a place.

A time came when not only the dog but the man became thirsty.

At that time they encountered a place.

The place had walls made of diamonds that surrounded a large territory and a gate made of pearls.

Behind the gate was a man seated behind a desk, so the man approached him before the gate and the dog followed.

The man before the gate spoke to the man behind the gate, "hello how are you"?

The man behind the gate spoke, "I am fine would you like to come in"?

The man before the gate said, "yes I am very thirsty and so is my dog".

The man behind the gate said. " There is plenty of water here but we do not allow dogs".

The man before the gate said," Thank you but we will move on".

So the man and the dog continued along the path and when there thirst for water had neared its limit they encountered a farm. At the center of this farm was a house an near it was a well. And there was also another man who was in a chair, leaning against a wall of the house upon the center of the property.

The man with the dog approached the man in the chair leaning against the house at the center of the property.

And said,'" my dog and I are very thirsty we would like some water"..

The Man who was in a chair and leaning against a wall of his domicile responded," Of course you may drink water from my well".

The Man with the Dog went to the Well and there he encountered a not only a bucket to get water from the well but also a cup. His dog approached the water and made clear he was very thirsty and so the man to water from the bucket, with the cup and gave water to the dog.

Once the dog had had its fill he then took the same cup and drank the water.

The Man who owned the land approached the man who drank behind a dog and said, "Welcome to Heaven".

The man who drank behind the dog said. "But I passed a place where walls were made of diamonds and the gates were made of pearls, I thought that was heaven.

But they would not give my dog water, so I moved on.

The Man who owned the Land responded, " You see that place you encountered was actually Hell and because of how you have responded to the needs of your dog before yours, you are now in Heaven".

Author Unknown
edit on 18-12-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

...and then there came a man who walked up to the diamond gated no dogs allowed watering hole and decided, "you know what, if I drink water I can carry my dog to another place, ensuring both of our health"

Whereupon both heaven and hell gave him the slow clap.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

You are saying it would be ok to leave Hell once you have entered?

Try not to personify the hero in this story.

The only thing that is known about him is that he died and he had a dog and that he was willing to let that dog drink before him.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Yes it's ok to leave hell once you have entered. That is common knowledge.

Try not to personify the hero in the story.

The only thing known about him is that he died and he thought the most rational response was to drink water when he had the opportunity so he had the strength to help his dog.

But in reality it was just a play off on the other story, try not to take it so seriously.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Not really taking anything seriously friend

Its a nice story and I wanted all of you to see it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm psychic.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I found some more interesting Russell Targ videos:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join