It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Army poised for the Biggest Victory - Aleppo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Also why do you have to just support or hate one side? can you not all think both sides are bad?.
Ever since the election ATS has gone bonkers....true colours shining through and it disgusts me for example Zimnys post...
But yeah lets all cheer on a dictator eh?.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Big congratulation to the people of Aleppo and Syrian in general, enjoy the victory and please don’t fall into the trap of (Assad must go) slogan, ever again. Almost 6 years of suffering, pain, loss of family members, friends… it is really damn hard to handle already.

God bless all

edit on 13-12-2016 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Wow so all of a sudden you are pro russian pro Assad folk who can't accept atrocities have been committed from both sides.
What happened to you ATS what happened....
This is the UN and the red cross saying this but hey who cares eh?.....

The UN.... what a joke. They let anyone join. How can something be united, if there isnt some basic agreement between nations that everyone has certain rights and freedoms.
Membership in the UN and the benefits of belonging should at the very least guarantee that the citizens have some basic human rights and freedoms..... freedom of religion, equal rights for women...equal protection under the law ect
There is no united nations.....not on this planet anyways

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
How can we ever trust a western govt leaders (including the newly elected con man) ?

Assad was close to getting a knighthood, but now he is a dictator? People have such a short term memory.

Assad close to being knighted under Blair

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If you read my previous posts I have said both sides are as bads as each other....
But go ahead attempt to paint me as a ISIS sympathizer instead of what I'm actually doing I'm attempting to show civilians are getting butchered.
But it appears many do not care.
Oh and reports are coming from the red cross.

This is a war started by us here in the west, just like Iraq and Libya before that and Iran before that.

Prior to western intervention all these countries had a quality of life equal if not better than what we have in the west.
WE messed these places up due to their leaders not following the wishes of the bankers and military industrial complex.

The UN, the Red Cross are basically extensions of these behind the scenes players and I trust them as sources about as far as I can throw them.

I highly dubious about any claims that Syrian forces are indiscriminately killing civilians, its sad and disgusting that civilians will be killed collaterally but I cant see Assad ordering the killing of innocent civilians.

What I can see is the MSM via UN and Red Cross sources fabricating lies to say he did in order to maintian the BS line that were the good guys and hes an evil tyrant that needs to go

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
I've read some of the links you posted and none of them have any evidence at all.
In fact, they just make me even more suspicious of MSM reporting.

The BBC states...

The UN's human rights office said it had reliable evidence that in four areas 82 civilians were shot on sight.

The Guardian states...

The UN’s human rights office said it had received reports that 82 civilians had been killed across four different neighborhoods. “The reports we had are of people being shot in the street trying to flee and shot in their homes"

Where is the evidence that these killing are being done by the Pro Assad army/regime?

At the end of the BBC article (bless them, they do try and be 'neutral'), it states...

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the atrocities were "actually being committed by terrorist groups", by which he means rebel forces, and Mr Egeland "doesn't possess the information about what is happening in Aleppo".

That actually sounds more plausible to me. From my understanding, rebel forces have been forcing civilians to stay in rebel held areas of Eastern Aleppo and have been killing people trying to flee.

Here is a report from the US Peace Council who have actually gone to Syria!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
yes....the rebels are using human shields and executing those trying to leave. Assad has a worthy goal which is getting rid of the rebels who created this chaos and destruction. Whatever civil uprising happened before Assad pales in comparison to the horror and ruin brought on by Clintons proxy army.

i always wanted to tour the middle east and africa.....if Assad can make Syria safe again i would love to see Palmyra and the other sights.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Yeah I remember this. Good you reposted it here, and people definitely have short term memories thanks to the crappy education systems of so called modernization. Good Points!

He was on the IN with these people until he failed to do as He was told. He rejected their advances to descend upon his territory and ruin it like other nations have been ruined. There's another post on here about the destruction of Nations by hidden hands.And now here we sit, watching them do it all over again. Thank God Russia stood up. About fricking time someone did.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If only we could remove the scourge from the face of the earth. A world without the religion of peace would be a much more peaceful place. The irony is a killer.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
#Aleppo on twitter

humanity has failed.
edit on 13-12-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Islamists in Aleppo are almost over and some talking heads are desperately claiming there's a building with 100 trapped children under attack of Syrian army forces.
telegraph-mps-emergency-debate-live/
Ridiculous and fishy. Does the remaining 2% of Aleppo contain foreign operatives and the intel? I can imagine something like Turks pushing on NATO "allies". Very fishy.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have no illusions that Assad is a good guy. He's not. But he ran a stable government that didn't actively hate us. And the other choices are ISIS, or the rebels who are aligned with al-Qaida.

Look at Libya, Egypt, Syria, and probably the attempted coup in Turkey, and you see a clear pattern: our Western "leaders" are toppling stable governments and promoting anarchy. They are actively making the world a worse place for everyone. And they have the gall to tell us that Trump is the dangerous one?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I have no illusions that Assad is a good guy. He's not. But he ran a stable government that didn't actively hate us. And the other choices are ISIS, or the rebels who are aligned with al-Qaida.

Look at Libya, Egypt, Syria, and probably the attempted coup in Turkey, and you see a clear pattern: our Western "leaders" are toppling stable governments and promoting anarchy. They are actively making the world a worse place for everyone. And they have the gall to tell us that Trump is the dangerous one?

I'm sorry, i disagree with you on Assad. I'm pro Trump atm but, it's not hard to see they're abusing Assad.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I couldn't of worded it better myself. A lot of here say and delusion surrounding this. Western and some Euro govs want nothing more than to topple even more sovereign Countries.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Syrian gov't is still denying it, but word is the rebels in Aleppo have agreed to leave the city. It might be over.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They weren`t going to last much longer anyway,with the Obama administration riding off into the sunset in a few weeks the moderate terrorists/rebels are losing their number one sugar daddy so their support will be drying up pretty quickly.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The latest report is that the ceasefire was worked out by Turkey and Russia. Western governments seem to not have been involved, and were caught off guard by this development.

Hopefully, Syria can now send troops south to re-take Palmyra.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The latest report is that the ceasefire was worked out by Turkey and Russia. Western governments seem to not have been involved, and were caught off guard by this development.

Hopefully, Syria can now send troops south to re-take Palmyra.

Western media seems to have gone slow-mo, still bleating about alleged executions/atrocities etc. that strangely enough no-one seems to be able to verify. And the last video I seen was of the Russians already in Aleppo clearing mines

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Being pro Assad is tantamount to being pro Stalin. There are no innocent parties in all of this other than the innocent citizens, just trying to live and raise their families. To be supportive of any of them is ........................

Putin, Assad and the other groups like ISIS are monsters and to support any of their brutal actions is sociopathic to say the least.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wow so all of a sudden you are pro russian pro Assad folk who can't accept atrocities have been committed from both sides.
What happened to you ATS what happened....
This is the UN and the red cross saying this but hey who cares eh?.....

>pro sectarian religion
>anti sharia law
>anti isis

ok. so how does being anti sharia law, anti isis, and pro religious freedom make me pro russian?

meanwhile, we are in Syria for a oil pipeline they want to run from Qatar to Europe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join