It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Army poised for the Biggest Victory - Aleppo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

www.abc.net.au...
The Syrian army and its allies are in the "final stages" of recapturing Aleppo after a sudden advance that has pushed rebels to the brink of collapse in an ever-shrinking enclave, according to a Syrian general."The battle in eastern Aleppo should end quickly. They [the rebels] don't have much time. They either have to surrender or die," Lieutenant General Zaid al-Saleh, head of the Government's Aleppo security committee, told reporters in the recaptured Sheikh Saeed district of the city.

This will be a Huge Victory for the Syrian Army and a massive Moral booster. Closing of the Aleppo Eastern front will allow Syrian Army to focus on Palmyra and on the last FSA stronghold of Idlib.

You can check the Map below for more details.
syriancivilwarmap.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

All sides are twats...looks like they rolled in and started killing civilians...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I aint going to be all happy at the loss of innocent lives.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

All sides are twats...looks like they rolled in and started killing civilians...

www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC track record on reporting on Syria is hardly reliable

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

lol...BBC, sorry i don't trust a word from the western Media. Most of them are just mouth pieces of the govt. who are rather disappointed after loosing many of their Jihadi brides.
edit on 13-12-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wow so all of a sudden you are pro russian pro Assad folk who can't accept atrocities have been committed from both sides.
What happened to you ATS what happened....
This is the UN and the red cross saying this but hey who cares eh?.....
edit on 13-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Wow so all of a sudden you are pro russian pro Assad folk who can't accept atrocities have been committed from both sides.

In war no side is innocent, and I don't know about everyone else, but for me it isn't about being pro-Russian or pro-Assad, I'm sick of dysfunctional, corrupt countries like the U.K. and U.S. spreading war and death around the globe, which is usually how these conflicts are initiated. I'm also sick of the lies the media tell in order to defend the actions.
edit on -216002016-12-13T04:55:25-06:000000002531201625122016Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:55:25 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I for one hope Syria can kick all the invaders out of their country..
youtu.be...

However not all is good news ... Palmyra has fallen to ISIS. youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
War crimes it is not just casualties of war.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Syria will get through this, they've got Russia on their side against the demons trying to destroy their Country. I say right on, it's about time someone stopped the mad bombing of these Nations.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Also what news source is acceptable to you eh?.

www.theguardian.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.sbs.com.au...

www.itv.com...

www.usnews.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.independent.co.uk... a7471416.html

It has come from the red cross are they lying?.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What about the news source you use in your OP?.

Civilians recording their final goodbyes....

www.abc.net.au...

AAgain both sides are as bad as each other but lets all cheer on a Monster like Assad.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Funny how nobody cares when the Western-backed "moderate" opposition is chaining little girls to fences and beheading children, but when Syrian Forces "might" have executed 84 people, the media report on that.

I doubt this even happened, and If it did they were probably executing people who collaborated with or were terrorists. The entire reason the terrorists wanted a "truce" to evacuate the civiliains they had no problem with using as human shields before was so their leaders could escape.

edit on -060005am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Appears you all back a monster who uses chemical weapons against his people.
I'm out you lot have lost your humanity for some reason.
Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

What monster used chemical weapons against his own people?

Al-Assad certainly wasn't responsible for that.

More crimes from that glorious "moderate" opposition.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wish I could say I was sorry I am a bigot..... but that would be a lie. As long as I am watching muslims kill muslims and leaving everyone else alone.....I got no complaints about the body counts.
If they are determined to exterminate each other, as long as they leave the rest of us alone in the process they can drop nukes and chemicals on each other all day long if they wanna.
I encourage muslims the world over to pick a side and go over there and fight to the last man. Leave France, leave America and Germany.... go fight and leave not a man, woman and child standing. Kill each other by the thousands.
Maybe in time you will realize that war is folly, maybe you wont.

As I tell my religious friends..... If with just a thought I could bring peace and harmony to the world but I refused to do so..... Would you still call me your friend or would you shun me for allowing suffering to reign? Because if God can do these wonderful things and chooses not to.... he is no friend of mine.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

If you notice in that article, there isn't one direct quote from the Red Cross on who is killing who. It says:

Both the UN and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have appealed to Syria and its ally Russia to end the bombardment and allow civilians a safe passage out

Now if I remember correctly, in the last few days, it is due to Russia that so many civilians did manage to get out of Aleppo. Additionally the article also says:

At a news conference in Geneva, Mr Colville gave details of atrocities his office had received reports of, admitting it was impossible to verify their accuracy.

May I also add that the BBC has been known to pay people in order to fabricate their stories

edit on -216002016-12-13T05:25:14-06:000000001431201614122016Tue, 13 Dec 2016 05:25:14 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Syria- Who cares lol? It's nothing that affects anything that is over 2000 miles away. Good for them? World needs to take care of their own problems for better or for worse.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

When they are done there they can shift their forces once again so they can retake Palmyra from ISIS. While people were concentrating on Aleppo ISIS pushed Syrian government forces out (Russia is pissed).
edit on 13-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I think you will find most of us have not trusted the UN for a very long time and as far a the MSM propaganda goes Russia are normally the good guys.

Its Russia supporting a democratically elected leader vs us in the west who are now for some reason supporting Al Qeada backed rebels.

If anything I would say what happened to YOU that you now support Al Qeadas actions?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If you read my previous posts I have said both sides are as bads as each other....
But go ahead attempt to paint me as a ISIS sympathizer instead of what I'm actually doing I'm attempting to show civilians are getting butchered.
But it appears many do not care.
Oh and reports are coming from the red cross.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join