It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Army poised for the Biggest Victory - Aleppo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: Post deleted.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Being pro Assad is tantamount to being pro Stalin. There are no innocent parties in all of this other than the innocent citizens, just trying to live and raise their families. To be supportive of any of them is ........................

Putin, Assad and the other groups like ISIS are monsters and to support any of their brutal actions is sociopathic to say the least.

You have conveniently forgot to add obama, US, uk, french, german etc... governments to that list. They are the cause of effects and the biggest monsters out there.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

Why would I compare democracies to countries and peoples ruled by dictators. That would be very disingenuous to say the least and it's not the topic.

The Syrian's (Russia) are dropping barrel bombs on civilian neighborhoods. How can anyone justify that? Are you saying that's OK to do? Assad and Putin are "cough" angels?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The latest report is that the ceasefire was worked out by Turkey and Russia. Western governments seem to not have been involved, and were caught off guard by this development.

Hopefully, Syria can now send troops south to re-take Palmyra.

That makes sense, considering that there's more than enough evidence that Turkey is the go between for these radicals, and Russia is hellbent on putting them down.

The two major players in this game had a chit-chat, and I'm guessing it was a one-sided one, as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Being pro Assad is tantamount to being pro Stalin. There are no innocent parties in all of this other than the innocent citizens, just trying to live and raise their families. To be supportive of any of them is ........................

Putin, Assad and the other groups like ISIS are monsters and to support any of their brutal actions is sociopathic to say the least.

I wouldn't say that all of the citizens are innocent. Yes, they may not be in mil garb, but there are plenty of supporters on both sides of this embedded in the populace.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What’s interesting about this is that the western media NEVER even identifies the so called army that’s fighting Assad and the Russians.

That’s not only fake news that’s no news.

It just goes to show us how deep American intelligence agencies control the msm

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Why would I compare democracies to countries and peoples ruled by dictators. That would be very disingenuous to say the least and it's not the topic.

The Syrian's (Russia) are dropping barrel bombs on civilian neighborhoods. How can anyone justify that? Are you saying that's OK to do? Assad and Putin are "cough" angels?

I'm saying if your so called "civilized democracies" didn't start this war by creating, arming and supporting terrorists to topple assad, Russia would not be dropping bombs on anyone right now. Your arguments are the equivelent of sh!++!ng on someone elses floor, then screaming at some one else for using the wrong method of cleaning it up.

The Russians have helped to liberate thousands of civillians from isis, they have provided humanitarian aid when all the west does is butthurt and point fingers.

Also before accusing people of dropping bombs on civillians at least try to get your facts right.it may come as a surprise to you, but the Russian air force has not operated anywhere near alleppo for over a month.

Your arguments here do not have a foot to stand on.

edit on 13-12-2016 by Velatropa24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2016 by Velatropa24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Their weapons so their fault by your own thinking.

I'm curious, do you think Assad is innocent entirely and do you personally support Assad? You seem quite emotional about defending him and I'm just trying to join in a discussion? Does anything negative being said about him trouble you?

I find the comparison between Assad and Putin interesting. Both in office due to elections not monitored by anyone they don't control and decidedly fake elections. Assad has ruled since 2000 and his father was the ruler for decades prior. Nobody could honestly describe them as anything but dictators and the sad part of that is they also control the information going to their citizens. Single Party rule and that's what this is, always leads to two classes of citizens, with one ruling over the others lives in a brutal fashion.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"Kick them out"?! Nope... ERADICATE them. End the days of their much loved and worshiped brutality of death and destruction...the world does not need any more of their concept of how life should be lived, nor what mentally defunct idealogy should be implemented by them.

Push has definitely risen to shove, and I think at least the civilized are finally waking up to the fact that something finally needs to be done, quickly and without reserve. Give back as good as what's being handed out....

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Their weapons so their fault by your own thinking.

I'm curious, do you think Assad is innocent entirely and do you personally support Assad? You seem quite emotional about defending him and I'm just trying to join in a discussion? Does anything negative being said about him trouble you?

I find the comparison between Assad and Putin interesting. Both in office due to elections not monitored by anyone they don't control and decidedly fake elections. Assad has ruled since 2000 and his father was the ruler for decades prior. Nobody could honestly describe them as anything but dictators and the sad part of that is they also control the information going to their citizens. Single Party rule and that's what this is, always leads to two classes of citizens, with one ruling over the others lives in a brutal fashion.

To answer your question, i don't support assad or view him in a positive or a negative light. I do not support in any way power being handed to family members (and that includes the Bushes, the royal family, etc).

This whole syria thing however is a lot bigger then Assad. The desperation of a few countries to remove him has nothing to do with dictatorship or wishing well for the people of Syria.

...and the general zombified tv-watching world is starting to wake up to it and see through the lies. Definitely a positive trend. I wish for you to open your eyes and do the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

The UN and Red Cross are not present, so what would they know of it?? Yes the Red Cross is lying, because they have not a clue because nobody representing the Red Cross is even on the ground in Aleppo. They are repeating lies from the Syrian Observatory on Human rights, a one man operation run in Britain which gets most of its headlines from reports by the White Helmets, the same group producing Hollywood quality fake rescue scenes.

You of course already know this because your only purpose is an attempt to spread more of the terrorists propaganda.

edit on 12-13-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

Over the past 48 hours, up to 50,000 people have been evacuated from eastern Aleppo, Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson Major General Igor Konashenkov has reported.

“More than 20,000 residents left eastern Aleppo in the first part of Saturday, and 1,217 militants laid down their weapons,” Konashenkov said.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

The US will have to pull a hat out of the bag wont they unless theyv'e dumped it

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Assad is going to have to step up his game if he is going to join that elite band of murderous killers that is the US and it's allies. Now that he has cleared out the scum that held Aleppo hostage he should move quickly on to Palmyra before any foreign terrorist fighters and advisors (particularly the US) skip out the back door.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The western media are blatantly lying about the situation in Aleppo at the moment. I see people celebrateing on the streets, but if you watch the western media, prople are being massacred .

The west desperately want leadership change , so they are filling the media with bs news

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

They are celebrating because the terrorists are gone. No more raped or beheaded children in the market places.

Al-Assad is showing too much mercy towards these Wahhabi animals. They should all be executed.

Most civilians have fled Eastern Aleppo to take shelter in areas that have been under Government control for quite some time. 130,000 at the latest count. The terrorists are all in a camp waiting to be "evacuated". I recommend dropping a few thermobaric bombs on the camp. That'll make short work of them. Although a more pleasant death than any of them deserve.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Some updates:

Syrian engineers have begun demining parts of the city of Aleppo, and the Syrians are drawing up reconstruction plans with their Russian and Iranian allies to restore basic services to what was formally the terrorist-held part of the city, priority is rebuilding hospitals, schools and roads, and getting the power network back up. No small task!

The Syrian & Russian Air Forces are evacuating seriously wounded non-combatants to receive urgent medical treatment in Damascus, Moscow and Tehran.

The most important aspect military is that 25,000 Syrian & Allied soldiers and their equipment are now no longer needed in Aleppo, and can be redeployed to other fronts of the war. They sure need them.

I expect Palmyra to be high on the list, expect that to be liberated in the coming weeks mostly for the propaganda value. After that I think the next big push for Syria & her allies will be to drive the Islamists out of the Idlib Governate, since that is the last remaining stronghold of the "moderate opposition".

The liberation of Aleppo will probably be remembered as the decisive point in the war. This was by far the greatest stronghold of the non-Islamic State militants.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It seems to me with all the money countries like Canada, France, Sweden, Germany, Greece, and all the others have spent on trying to help the refugees, that money could have been spent on creating them a safe zone complete with "no fly zone" and heavily secured. Even a wall around it, GOT style if need be.

Then we could leave that blood-thirsty military and ISIS to their extermination of each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

This is the biggest loss in US foreign policy since Vietnam tptb are butthurt so they roll out the old Assad is a butcher narrative, meanwhile they were awfully silent about ISIS and their other proxies cruxifictions,beheadings,sex slavery,ancient artifact trading etc etc. OMG BARREL BOMBS!!!!what about depleted uranium,cluster bombs,white phosphorous,napalm and all the toys we use.My tv set has had pictures today of civilians celebrating liberation on RT and on CNN I am hearing about atrocities these imbiciles no longer control the narrative in fact most of the world now assumes if there is an American flag in the background or an American accent they are being bull####ed to.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

My eyes are open to the millions of refugee's fleeing Assad's personal army to survive.

I won't support or forgive monsters. Who is involved has little of nothing to do with my criticism of Assad.

I'm fully aware of the history, but the topic here is not about that. The topic is the slaughter going on in Aleppo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join