It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera's Poster Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Meet the new poster boy for Al-Jazeera (search). His name is Basem, and he’s an 18-year old from Saudi Arabia (search) who came to Iraq to kill Americans.

Here’s what he says led him to the Jihad:

“We saw the Americans massacring the Iraqis. We saw the siege on Najaf, We saw that Imam Al-Sistani issued a fatwa calling for Jihad. Those were the things that made us come here... We saw the pictures of the Abu Ghraib (search) violations, a naked woman violated by an American soldier. We saw our brothers, the prisoners, naked.

Interviewer: Where did you see these pictures?

Basem Saleh Jamil Kassar: I saw them on Al-Jazeera TV, on the Internet, occasionally pictures appeared on the Internet. This was what motivated me.

After seeing images on Al-Jazeera that portrayed Americans as evil and Jihadists as heroes, Basem was shocked to discover that the real story was a lot different. “This is what damaged our reputation. The Jihad (search) fighter is now perceived as a man who wants to blow up and kill innocent people.”"

www.foxnews.com...

So here is more proof of the "iraq's" defending thier counrty? Outside Islamic "fools" being enraged by a slanted reporting...........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
LOL Al-Jazeera media is a joke and misleads young men to believe this nation is pure evil and set on the destruction of others. Al-Jazeera is contolled by thier government, just like Saddam network tv. What is new.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
LOL Al-Jazeera media is a joke and misleads young men to believe this nation is pure evil and set on the destruction of others. Al-Jazeera is contolled by thier government, just like Saddam network tv. What is new.

Where is the full blown interview on National media TV about these "insurgents" and their country of origin? Many on this site would also have you believe all "insurgents" in Iraq are from Iraq.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Unfortunately, Aljazeera is not unlike news systems in many countries. Many spin the news the way they want their countrymen to believe. Heck, ever watched Fox news? I've read many posts, alot of them pretty good, claiming of the disinformation, and conspiracy of things reported/not reported on our news.
Watch alot of news and the US and allies are spun to look like liberating heroes against the infidels in Iraq. They make it out as though every Iraqi is a blood thirsty vermin waiting to blow themselves up to kill Americans. I can't speak from personal experience, but I have to believe that most of the Iraqi people are just trying to live their lives, and provide for their families.
I have little respect for AlJazeera - I view them as a non-reputable source of information. Take it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Gee, sounds a lot like FOX NEWS, that blows the same way as the prevailing wind from Washington and London.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Gee, sounds a lot like FOX NEWS, that blows the same way as the prevailing wind from Washington and London.

So when did you first realize you hate your mother?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
"Al-Jazeera that portrayed Americans as evil and Jihadists as heroes"

and visa versa in the American Media.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Al-Jazeera that portrayed Americans as evil and Jihadists as heroes"

and visa versa in the American Media.

Last I checked, deliberately abducting civilians, then sawing their heads off for the cameras, or shooting an elderly female civilian aid worker, just trying to help the Iraqi people, were considered pretty "evil" acts.
The media slant has nothing to do with THAT.... If Jihadists don't wish to be perceived as evil, they need to stop doing evil terrorist acts, i.e. the deliberate targetting of innocents.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

That might be a good arguement if the only News we had was Foxnews. But we have alot of sources most of which have very different slants then Fox they dont talk about a liberal media bias for nothing.

top topics

join