It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about the warehouse fire in LA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As we are told, the guy leasing the building seems to me to be the scapegoat in this tragedy?
I'm not forgetting the fatalities, I'm just looking at who should have administered city policy when it comes to complaints. In terms of preventing harsh realities at the city level, is it not the city manager at fault? Please explain to me why there is a city manager sitting on his ass at city hall.

Why is the 'leasee' at fault if the city manager's job is to manage the city's affairs/complaints? The city manager should have had the building scrutinized?
If it was deemed uninhabitable, ie; code violations...the residents would have been put to continue living their lives- yes, on the streets- but still alive none the less.

If the city got so many complaints about the warehouse before the fire, why is not the city manager held accountable?

Short and sweet.
I said my peace and now it's your turn.

I understand this may be written to the wrong whatever it's called, so move it wherever it belongs if need be, thank you.

I'll be catching my z's soon but will be back tomorrow in case it looks like I ran away from mean posters.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

It was Oakland geez man

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

and because he decided to have a business there, geeziz h christ what has happened to people actually using their brain rather than their emotions...you dont even know what youre talking about do you?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Hey thanks for the correction. It was in Oakland wasn't it?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

and because he decided to have a business there, geeziz h christ what has happened to people actually using their brain rather than their emotions...you dont even know what youre talking about do you?

Golly friend, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It was Oakland. Simple mistake s/f.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Listen friend, the dude making a business in a leased building is more immediately culpable than the city manager. He is definitely responsible, should the city have some share? well depends on inspection cycles etc.. but this guy was utterly irresponsible...this does not in any way reflect on the city for this one particular instance outside of the fact that they should of run a credit check and a host of other things before granting him a permit...theres a question, did he have a permit? if so... the inspector is at fault

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

See there?

We're getting to the meat of the issue aren't we?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

no no no, this man was a fool heres some info:
The converted warehouse where the scene of horrors unfolded on Saturday was known as the “Ghost Ship,” and it served as illegal home and workspace for a rotating cast of a dozen or more residents, those who lived there or visited often said.

Former residents said it was also a death trap with few exits, a rickety makeshift staircase, piles of driftwood and a labyrinth of electrical cords. The ground floor had five recreational vehicles and other nooks used as living spaces that were rented out to tenants, while the upstairs had space for concerts like the deadly party that drew up to 100 people Friday night.

With few lights, the place could be pitch black. One staircase led to a boarded up door. The water and electricity were stolen from neighbors and often didn’t work.

Laura Hobbs attended the party with friends and told of the panic and difficulties of those attempting to escape the deadly flames.

“The building itself was an art piece,” she said. “The walls were completely covered with makeshift pieces of wood, so finding the staircase if you’d never been there before was difficult because they had built it into the wall in a certain way.”

“If you were not familiar with the building and the way that it was, if you were going there for a party, you wouldn’t be aware of the maze that you have to go through to get out,” said Danielle Boudreaux, a former friend of the couple who ran the warehouse.

Who in the hell puts on a party of these dimensions without understanding basic fire protocol. There is no "man" to blame, this dud was a fool and deserves to suffer serious life long consequences

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I am not inflamed with you, its just utterly ridiculous that this guy, trying to make a buck, put on a party that took 33+ lives and doesnt feel culpable

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It looked like a s*** hole

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

With all the info you gave me here, it seems futile the city manager sat on his ass and didn't do anything within his power as manager.

Sorry, but it's getting towards my hour of sleep.

I'll be back tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A bunch of weirdos fried because they were too lazy to update the building and be careful with their stupid candles.

No pity.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Let's. I guess no one considers the glaring fact of this batch of low rent human detritus who frequented this dump, chose to live in squalor, over filled the dilapidated warehouse with pleasure seekers at a party where almost everyone was partaking in chemical cocktails, whilst blowing Bacardi 151 Fireballs all over artwork...Yeah that's one hell of a run-on sentence, but blaming it on the city and/or property owner seems legit. From my perspective, it wasn't if, but when this shrine to participation trophies burned down. It sucks, but little to equal than more than what most of these people did as favors for gas money behind their local 711 dumpster. SH*T IN = # OUT!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am an artist/musician in Indianapolis, and we have been renting spaces in similar buildings for years. While I definitely feel terribly horrible for those lost souls, and families and friends who are grieving, I also recognize the fact that they should not have been living there and throwing parties of that size without proper fire/danger procedures and exits in place, and landlord approval.

That being said, I am sure that all of those people there that night and any other time during the stent of the collective establishment (Ghost Ship) had no idea of the dangers, the illegal squatting and activities that were taking place, and if they did they surely did not expect any negative outcomes.

Just my two cents, but I hope that everyone involved eventually find comfort and peace through the whole ordeal.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ireadkerouac
I am an artist/musician in Indianapolis, and we have been renting spaces in similar buildings for years. While I definitely feel terribly horrible for those lost souls, and families and friends who are grieving, I also recognize the fact that they should not have been living there and throwing parties of that size without proper fire/danger procedures and exits in place, and landlord approval.

That being said, I am sure that all of those people there that night and any other time during the stent of the collective establishment (Ghost Ship) had no idea of the dangers, the illegal squatting and activities that were taking place, and if they did they surely did not expect any negative outcomes.

Just my two cents, but I hope that everyone involved eventually find comfort and peace through the whole ordeal.

I also understand that the people living there knew of the electrical dangers, and as such should not have been so careless as to invite people into a potential "death trap" of that magnitude. I was also not there or any part of this terrible situation, so I feel horrible for even attempting to justify this tragedy as a result of ignorance or societal impairment.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Was wondering if this was going to be discussed being that it's discussed, for the most part on, the MSM. Wasn't sure it'd garner interest besides the occult findings at the site.

Such as the artists collections but there's talk on the net of Illuminati sacrifice, etc. Images are shared of the claimed items.

"LA artist colonies brace for backlash from Oakland’s tragic Ghost Ship warehouse fire"

Artist communities in Los Angeles are bracing for backlash following the devastating Ghost Ship fire in Oakland. Here too, artists have turned to Los Angeles’ blighted and vacant warehouses for cheap rent and a communal experience. They’ve converted old factories, foundries and breweries into sprawling art hubs, where the rules are lax but creativity is abundant.

“People all over the country have now heard there was a dangerous art space, and most people don’t really differentiate,” she said. “All we can do is really try to prove we’re not that and hope the legislation doesn’t overreact.”

Source
edit on 8-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: ETA source

edit on 8-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Was wondering if this was going to be discussed being that it's discussed, for the most part on, the MSM. Wasn't sure it'd garner interest besides the occult findings at the site.

Such as the artists collections but there's talk on the net of Illuminati sacrifice, etc. Images are shared of the claimed items.

"LA artist colonies brace for backlash from Oakland’s tragic Ghost Ship warehouse fire"

Artist communities in Los Angeles are bracing for backlash following the devastating Ghost Ship fire in Oakland. Here too, artists have turned to Los Angeles’ blighted and vacant warehouses for cheap rent and a communal experience. They’ve converted old factories, foundries and breweries into sprawling art hubs, where the rules are lax but creativity is abundant.

“People all over the country have now heard there was a dangerous art space, and most people don’t really differentiate,” she said. “All we can do is really try to prove we’re not that and hope the legislation doesn’t overreact.”

Source

With all due reverence of you as a mutual participant of "denying ignorance," what source do you have to back this claim? I am genuinely interested. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Source

With all due reverence of you as a mutual participant of "denying ignorance," what source do you have to back this claim? I am genuinely interested. Thanks!

Oakland Warehouse Fire: Looks Awfully Like an Illuminati Sacrifice

On his website oaklandghostship.com there are dozens of photos pointing to the mindset and philosophy of Almena. Some of the more notable are eyes painted on the outside of the building, dozens of human skulls scattered inside, a rams head and a statue of the Hindu God Shiva as found on the grounds of CERN - the suspected Illuminati time machine / dimension jumping device in Switzerland.

source

Im not saying I'm buying into the sacrifice and all, as I shared it was an art community. If you search for the topic adding in Occult or Illuminati there's more and more sources(of course, non MSM news being it's internet speculation) being added. On YouTube as well.

edit on 8-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Source

Oakland Warehouse Fire: Looks Awfully Like an Illuminati Sacrifice

On his website oaklandghostship.com there are dozens of photos pointing to the mindset and philosophy of Almena. Some of the more notable are eyes painted on the outside of the building, dozens of human skulls scattered inside, a rams head and a statue of the Hindu God Shiva as found on the grounds of CERN - the suspected Illuminati time machine / dimension jumping device in Switzerland.

source

Im not saying I'm buying into the sacrifice and all, as I shared it was an art community. If you search for the topic adding in Occult or Illuminati there's more and more sources(of course, non MSM news being it's internet speculation) being added. On YouTube as well.

I'll check it out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join