It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time names Trump Person of the Year for 2016

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LuXTeN

Yeah sure. Call on me in a year.
After impeachment procedures have been started.

I had to reply to mark this post...I will be back in one year to discuss the impeachment proceedings..

The clock is ticking,... tick tock tick tock goes the clock
edit on R342016-12-07T09:34:33-06:00k3412Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

In a weird way, I feel the Time magazine is trolling him here...

In my opinion, I figured the whole Chicago Cubs deserved Time person(s) of the year for ending our 108 year drought, but I suppose Trump crushing Hillary's dreams supersedes my own biases... haha

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LuXTeN

Yeah sure. Call on me in a year.
After impeachment procedures have been started.

I had to reply to mark this post...I will be back in one year to discuss the impeachment proceedings..

The clock is ticking,... tick tock tick tock goes the clock

I'm sure the goalposts will have moved by then...similar to how PlanetX is coming every single year.

But I will also make a prediction....that HRC is actually charged with a crime and her ordeal is not over. Trump is calculating and wants to savor the victory.....insert whatever "is a dish best served cold"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

In a weird way, I feel the Time magazine is trolling him here...

In my opinion, I figured the whole Chicago Cubs deserved Time person(s) of the year for ending our 108 year drought, but I suppose Trump crushing Hillary's dreams supersedes my own biases... haha

I am sure they are trolling him. They even say "Divided States of America" as if he was the only party involved in the division they claim. Also lends itself to them believing the country was not divided prior to his election which is a joke.

Either way....I don't think Trump gives a single f#@k about what media thinks of him. He's probably laughing like the rest of us that he will be on every magazine stand in the country on the most recognized magazine cover.

I have a feeling we are going to start seeing a LOT of stories of "triggered" folks blowing up in grocery lines....especially if they see someone buying a copy.

Maybe I'll go buy 10.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Yeah, it was a #ty year.

Might as well have an asshole on the cover.

Hm. It would be interesting to see if mere asskissing and covers would be enough to make you guys think MSM has come around

Tell ya what. Take some time. Think about life. Then come back and make an intellectual post for once.
Please.
"You guys" again ? What guys are you referring to this time ?
Archie Bunker , is that you with the "youse guys" ?

edit on 12/7/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Congrats 4chan and />/, we did it!

For those who don't know, 4chan and />/ set out on a plan to vote for specific people and not vote for specific people.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Congrats 4chan and />/, we did it!

For those who don't know, 4chan and />/ set out on a plan to vote for specific people and not vote for specific people.

I highly doubt either had any influence of significance. The age range of the majority of users of either are the ones that turned in the fewest numbers of votes. There aren't many 40+ using those channels for any form of communication and the vast majority don't even know what they are.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't remember when (I think about 1-2 months ago), people in a bunch of />/ facebook groups (groups that begin with the name >implying) started posting pictures where we had to vote for specific people in Time magazines person of the year. I don't know much about />/ but it's definitely connected to 4chan. Reddit also had some influence too apparently (from the posts I am currently reading in those groups).

Anyway, there was an image posted on some of the groups that specified which people/things we had to vote for. Three of them that I recall were Trump, Putin, and CRISPR.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Anyway, there was an image posted on some of the groups that specified which people/things we had to vote for.

(bold mine)
If you are willing to do what Facebook groups tell you, you have some serious issues. How about thinking with your own brain?

edit on 12/7/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It's not that I do as I am told. It was all about (and for) the meme. It was all for the joke.
Pranking the Internet.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't remember when (I think about 1-2 months ago), people in a bunch of />/ facebook groups (groups that begin with the name >implying) started posting pictures where we had to vote for specific people in Time magazines person of the year. I don't know much about />/ but it's definitely connected to 4chan. Reddit also had some influence too apparently (from the posts I am currently reading in those groups).

Anyway, there was an image posted on some of the groups that specified which people/things we had to vote for. Three of them that I recall were Trump, Putin, and CRISPR.

As far as I know, Time doesn't have a public vote on who gets it. Sure they have an opinion poll, but that isn't their way of choosing.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hitler got it once, Stalin twice, and even Trump's butt buddy Putin won it one year.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join