It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Directing Facebook and Reddit to Spike 'FAKE' News?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

100% from the left here. Voted for Hillary here in North Carolina. And Im not buying the MSM crap. Im actually buying more into pizzagate actually. A lot more smoke there. And watching the media in unison yell fake news only validates the smoke/fire analogy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Indeed.

Thank you for adding that data point! It beggars belief that the leading nation in the "free world" ought to have any kind of propaganda arm, leave alone one turned toward its own people.

It flies in the face of every concept which defines the idea of the free world, which, if the fact of this propaganda arms existence were correctly understood, would serve to warn the people living in what they falsely believe to be free countries, that in actual fact, they are under greater threat where the freedom of their speech and the freedom of information is concerned, than many other populations on the Earth.

Its a shameful state of affairs, and high time it was sorted out.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: loam

One thing I haven't clearly understood about the left's perspective on this is if they think 'fake' news must be stopped...and they also think Trump is an authoritarian...why hasn't it occurred to them that what they wish for may eventually come back to bite them in the ass?

I imagine the left's persective varies according to the individual. I am left-leaning and believe there is something very sinister that needs to be investigated and, if found to be true, punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I don't think all the alleged perps are democrats, btw.

Edit to add: People are the ones responsible for what they choose to publish and what they choose to believe. No information should be censored. I don't think "fake news" should be censored. But hope enough people out there are willing to check facts before allowing themselves to be carried away.

The real media is the one working everyone up, anyway.

No one is calling for censure they are calling for honesty. Fake news is by nature a lie designed to mislead people. Yes people are responsible for what they believe but when presented with a lie that is being touted as truth the misleading stories are the problem not the person who is believing it. That person has placed an element of trust in journalism because mostly it is credible. Historically we can trust the content of media whether it's a news paper or magazine or the news on CNN. We've trusted these venues to keep us informed and the need for honesty in journalism has got to be a priority.
No one gains from a fake news story. And honestly not everyone will have the ability to discern the truth from fiction because not everybody is smart enough. Simple fact...there are people who will be targeted because they lack the intelligence to know the difference.
Fake news doesn't help those people either and they should be protected because they just can't tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Seems to me that the only use for fake news is click bait and to promote ignorance in people. Steering agenda and opinion falls under the promote ignorance area.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yup, false flag.

Actor hired to cause a ruckus to involve feds in scrubbing the story from websites.

And this article to state "false" and "fake" half dozen times.

A quite desperate scrambling to cover up this very real pedo ring, imo.

ETA on topic, i think the establishment is feeling their grasp on dictating what is true/false slipping away. Their solution is ham-handed and obvious censorship.

edit on 5-12-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Who gets to decide what is truth and what is fake?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Fake news is being distributed by all media outlets. The only problems I see are media outlets that are distributing fake news to the largest sections of the population are the same ones trying to censor alternative media outlets spreading their own propaganda. It's an information war: MSM vs. Alternative media, both spread propaganda with wildly different perspectives.

Journalist Integrity is our main problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Gee I would think that's obvious. A lie is a lie.
Some site that calls itself ABC news but isn't really ABC news is a lie.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Should "lies" be protected under free speech?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Compare and contrast even Obama's swing on this issue:

@3:10

With:

And:

This is a very dangerous shift in perspective.

What possible solution could ever be applied that wouldn't result in widespread abuses and the curtailment of actual truth?

I swear we engaged in the cold war and defeated the Soviets, just so that we could become more like them.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It can in some cases like shouting fire in a crowded movie theater causing a panic and people getting hurt. If no fire was present and you did it to cause harm you could be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You know this happened because the news on the TV became the political arm of a party, wikileaks confirms. The blame for the diversification of news and the destruction of the consensus narrative is directly tied to this.
How about all those youtube videos when some guest is owning the MSM on their show and the guest is cut off, or the feed simply goes out.
How about that CNN camerman being used as fake trump protester a few weeks back.
How about the infamous treatment of Ron Paul by the msm that most on this site are aware of, epitomized by that jon stewart piece on it. IF I wanted to learn about him I had to go to "fake news".
Do we really need to start posting those old ron paul media vids to remind people.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's interesting watching people complain about this while simultaneously celebrating Trump's various attacks on the 1st.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It seems to me more than just trying to censor the news.
Neither Facebook nor Reddit is a news site; they are social media, and by definition socializing means mostly talking, gossiping, spreading rumors, exchanging opinions or arguing. Trying to censor a social media website is in fact trying to tell people what are they allowed to talk about and what not.
Shouldn't the suspicion of "fake news" be directed mostly toward the news originators? And who is regulating the regulators?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You know who is very quiet.... trump himself. Where does he stand on fake news and pizza gate. Hes our president and I think he knows more on the subject than we do, hence his silence on the topic. something is most definitely up.

How many "actors" are going to be involved in very timely "shootings" before we wake up and see the call sheet.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Oh, why not:

Truly disgraceful.

edit on 5-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
On the other hand, those of us who aren't complete gullible idiots have a responsibility to try and help those who are.
This entire false CT has the makings to get some innocent people killed. Let them move on back to flat earth and chemtrails.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
You know who is very quiet.... trump himself. Where does he stand on fake news and pizza gate. Hes our president and I think he knows more on the subject than we do, hence his silence on the topic. something is most definitely up.

How many "actors" are going to be involved in very timely "shootings" before we wake up and see the call sheet.

Hmm, very interesting point! One word: Epstein.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When people start walking around armed because of "news" it's time for them to be sectioned and medicated.

I honestly don't care if facebook or Reddit start censoring "news" because it's not where I go to become informed.

That's where the dregs of society go for "journalism".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No one is calling for censure they are calling for honesty. Fake news is by nature a lie designed to mislead people. Yes people are responsible for what they believe but when presented with a lie that is being touted as truth the misleading stories are the problem not the person who is believing it. That person has placed an element of trust in journalism because mostly it is credible. Historically we can trust the content of media whether it's a news paper or magazine or the news on CNN. We've trusted these venues to keep us informed and the need for honesty in journalism has got to be a priority.

CNN™ Really? Even after they told Us that looking at WikiLeaks is "illegal" and We should let CNN™ go over everything and then let Us know what the "truth" is??

I even have "thinkers" now on the first Gulf War where Wolf Blitzer and CNN™ made their bones..

It is up to the User/reader to ascertain what is 'truthful'...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join