It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Directing Facebook and Reddit to Spike 'FAKE' News?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
Might as well drive the point home. 15 minutes of the MSM manipulating infographics, talking points, etc. Simply leaving him out when he was ahead of other people. This is just one candidate, imagine the effect on all news.
Does ATS remember? here is another refresher.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

My issues is, if youre going to proclaim fake news... ok... tell me hwy its fake. Prove it, if youre going to make it a fact.

Shouting , what youre about to see is FAKE, and not explaining how its fake, is tantamount to a child explaining why they should get their way.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
On the other hand, those of us who aren't complete gullible idiots have a responsibility to try and help those who are.
This entire false CT has the makings to get some innocent people killed. Let them move on back to flat earth and chemtrails.

Since your so wise, knowledgeable and responsible would you care to share with all us gullible idiots what some true CT are?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Also, hypocrisy should be a capital offence, when politicians do it.

Permitting a media assault against the people on the part of government, and complaining about it when private organisations do the same thing, is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
When people start walking around armed because of "news" it's time for them to be sectioned and medicated.

I honestly don't care if facebook or Reddit start censoring "news" because it's not where I go to become informed.

That's where the dregs of society go for "journalism".

People who read NYT or watch CNN probably say that about us here at ATS.
Those sites and this one are places that people can share the news they see with others of a like mind, I read my Cities major newspaper most days and even occasionally watch the news but not even a tenth of the stuff I see on here makes it to anything I would come across via my local MSM.

Mate unless your here as a debunker 90% of society would consider you one of those dregs

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We need to tread lightly here. We are on a precipice, about to fall. Please, please, please, everyone, think more critically on this. Look at the players. Look at the timetable. Media, FBI, Wikileaks. Internet.

Post election, the MSM had ZERO credibility. Obvious disparity in covering Trump and Clinton. Obvious bias in polling. Reluctance to call the election. Reluctance to accept Trump has the President-elect, with incessant nit-picking of his transition.

How do you restore credibility? You label your sharpest critics as more untrustworthy. In fact, even dangerous.

As Loam indicated in the link provided, since 2013 it's not illegal to use propaganda against U.S. citizens and the new 2017 version of the act allows sweeping powers to counter possible Russian involvement. By God - the Russians! Oh, the horror.

How do you disseminate propaganda? Media. This is a farce. Orwell wouldn't even make this # up, too obvious.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

My issues is, if youre going to proclaim fake news... ok... tell me hwy its fake. Prove it, if youre going to make it a fact.

Shouting , what youre about to see is FAKE, and not explaining how its fake, is tantamount to a child explaining why they should get their way.

geez, prove something is fake?......what part of the logic is that?.....how about prove something is real first....look up "proving a negative"

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems to me that the only use for fake news is click bait and to promote ignorance in people. Steering agenda and opinion falls under the promote ignorance area.

I remember when President George Bush released the "fake news" that Saddam Husein had weapons of mass destruction. That "steered the agenda" of the nation and caused an invasion. Of course, the people sending out "fake news" today, are mostly unknown, while George Bush was the President, a person "with standing" in the society.

So, it maybe that we only allow people "with standing" to release "fake news", but people "without standing" in society shouldn't be allowed the same privilege.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

geez, prove something is fake?......what part of the logic is that?.....how about prove something is real first....look up "proving a negative"

It is very easy to determine whether something is true or false. If it is true that Facebook is censoring posts about "Pizzagate" because it is "fake news," you couldn't do this:

www.facebook.com...

Simple, no?

edit on 5-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They removed it, because they put it there.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

On the other hand, those of us who aren't complete gullible idiots have a responsibility to try and help those who are.
This entire false CT has the makings to get some innocent people killed. Let them move on back to flat earth and chemtrails.

Since your so wise, knowledgeable and responsible would you care to share with all us gullible idiots what some true CT are?

Here 33 of them

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: bknapple32

Im not the news. Its the news' job to investigate what it is they are reporting on correct? And this isnt as cut and dry as proving a negative. Its proving a fact. They arent saying " It could be a hoax" they are outright calling it that. So prove it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have been on reddit and 4chan and have seen the pizzagate stuff. At first it seemed Interesting a lose connection but it was new at the time. However with time the connections got crazy and it started to turn into an making connections with pizza symbols as hard evidence. I just ignore the pizza gate stuff now but i can understand why people get into it
a: extreme bad guys
b: missing children
C: evil plot
D: large conspiracy involving political elite.
The podesta cooking and black magic stuff coupled with his art, draws people in and makes things believable no matter how crazy some stuff gets because podesta is into some dark things.

However pedos are probably the best target for people to look into. Most of us are talking about the new world order and zionist but if we really wanted to change the world the most evil are probably the pedos they are a great place for people to start with. But the topic MUST be handled with extreme care as labeling people pedophiles is damaging for life even if they are just a suspect and later found to be innocent they still are damaged. Thats why this topic and the people that are into it making and finding connections need to take a step back and only give out hard evidence. What is being done now is dangerous to some degree.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

lol! Honey you just go ahead and pizza-gate and chemtail your little heart out. I couldn't care less.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

lol! Honey you just go ahead and pizza-gate and chemtail your little heart out. I couldn't care less.

Well that just makes me sad

Based on your earlier post I assumed we had a saviour who was going to come along and educate all us idiots and now your saying you dont care?

I feel hurt and betrayed

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you voice a concern...

So if the FBI is 'instructing' Facebook and Reddit to remove any mention of pizzagate, is that just really a request or something else?

i'm in the camp that the FBI instruction is not flat out censorship...

the situation must be nuanced in the right way...

'pizzagate' which is code for discussing pedophile activity among the insider elites

is not more than hearsay or rumor, slanderous allegation...
the other mostly not-dangerous 'fluff' like fake birth certificates/ autism in immunizations/ tranny Michelle & hired 'daughters' which make up the 1st family.... are considered 'FAKE news'...& comes with fame & stature & CT-ism

the FBI in this case is trying to 'redact' content of non-regulated or Party certified news sources

~ the antiElite-industry around PizzaGate, in the PTB eyes, is making public the sensitive and top-secret material which the public has no 'clearance-to-eyeball' ...and will develop into a class privilege clash between the "Upper-Cash' & the Populist-peasants

right now, in the early stages, Facebook & Reddit will be the media outlets to suppress 'FAKE news' which will be further defined more-in-line with legal language pretty darn quick... the gut reaction to FAKE news...Pro or Con...is in the low intellect 'green room' where upcoming guests (like Common Core) are stationed in a relaxing atmosphere before being presented to the larger world-stage Live...

PizzaGate & the spigot of info being turned off is just in the initial stages...in the crude, raw, stage...watch as the process is manipulated so that the info-/data about pizzagate is to become Taboo to invest your time or interest into...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Next up: Ministry of Information.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's weird that this is being censored a lot more than 9/11 conspiracies ever were.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
QUOTE: "The FBI and police have since instructed the completely unsubstantiated story be removed from sites such as Facebook and Reddit."

This is a statement without any attribution coming from an AU site. How do we know THIS isn't fake news designed for more fear mongering? I have not seen this quote about FBI/Police providing directions to Facebook and Reddit anyplace else. If so, can some of you provide a pointer to that?

I do know that Reddit took off some things because of privacy violations on people. That is not what this article is saying.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: loam Fake news seems to be official code for real news that the feds and the major media don't want to talk about. A guy shot up the pedophile pizza joint in DC and it was ignored and then blamed on fake news alarmism. Watch the cockroaches start scurrying now that the light is on them. Global warming is fake news but we're not supposed to ignore that, how come?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join