It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree of Life(Recommended Reading)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here I'd like to discuss some legitimate sources for studying Kabbalah.

If you have any links or books that you would recommend, by all means, share.

Here are mine:

The Initiatic Path in the Arcana of Tarot and Kabbalah

The Initiatic Path in the Arcana of Tarot and Kabbalah

"You who are searching for Initiation, you who read immensely, you who live fluttering from school to school, always searching, always longing, always sighing, tell me with sincerity... Have you awakened your Kundalini?

Have you opened the Seven Churches of your spinal medulla?

Have you incarnated the Lamb?

Answer me, beloved reader, be sincere with your self. Put your hand on your heart and answer me with sincerity, are you Self-realized?

Are you sure that with your theories you will convert yourself into a God?

What have you achieved?

What have you received with all your theories?

One who wants to Self-realize needs the Revolution of the Consciousness: to die, to be born, and to sacrifice oneself.

There exists a Revolution of the Consciousness when we decapitate the ego, the "I."

There exists a Revolution of the Consciousness when we build the Solar Bodies.

There exists a Revolution of the Consciousness when we incarnate the Being.

Until that moment, we do not have a real existence."

In this cornerstone work, Samael Aun Weor explains in clear terms the entire basis of all esoteric work: Kabbalistic symbology. This is the language of the Internal Worlds.

Included in this revolutionary work are chapters revealing the Tarot and Kabbalah as never before, with brilliant revelations about the mysterious sphere of Daath, whose true nature was never before revealed in the history of esoterism.

This is a new translation, fully illustrated, with appendices and glossary. Many indispensable explanations are included that were never before available in English, including a complete translation of the predictive elements of all the Major and Minor Arcana, the esoteric meanings of the Hebrew letters, further explanations of the Hours of Apollonius, and more.

In Five Parts:

Description and Study of the Esoteric Tarot
Initiation Through the Arcana of the Tarot
The Kabbalah
Numerology and Esoteric Mathematics
Predictive Kabbalah

Eliphas Levi's works are said to be great.

Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah:

Anything by Ra Un Nefer Amen:

www.aasorlando.org...

www.thenilepa.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Many books on The Tree of Life don't really get too deep into, or even address at all, two important aspects of Kabbalah.

One being The Klipoth.

And the other is DAATH.

With this in mind, you may want to check www.gnostickabbalah.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The Qabalah is not mentioned per se in the York Rite of Masonry, although its symbolism is everywhere: Blue Lodge, Chapter, Council, and Commandery. There are probably a great many York Rite Masons who don't anything about the Qabalah or Tarot.

In the Scottish Rite of Masonry, on the other hand, the Qabalah is mentioned in practically every single degree, sometimes in depth through the lecture. For example, the 28°, which is called Prince Adept, or sometimes Knight of the Sun, is purely Qabalistic. There are two chief officers in the degree: Father Adam and Brother Truth. The actual initiation ceremony into the degree mainly concerns listening to a long lecture from these officers concerning the history and philosophy of the Qabalah.

One website I'd recommend is Builders of the Adytum, which can be viewed here:

www.bota.org...

This Order is not Masonic, although its founder was a Mason, as well as a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Both men and women are welcome in Builders of the Adytum, which is a School designed for teaching the Qabalah and Tarot.

Tamahu, thanks for the links, I'm going to order the book on Tarot and initiatic paths, it looks very interesting.

Sure no problem.

What would you recommend in regards to translations of The Sepher Yetzirah, Zohar, and Bahir?

I wonder about the works of these men:

Aryeh Kaplan

Daniel C. Matt

Gershom Scholem

Does anyone happen to know if any of these three guys support Zionism?

This looks interesting.

It's published buy the same society that published The Kybalion:

Mysteries of the Qabalah

And how about S.L. MacGregor Mather's writings on Kabbalah?

PEACE

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
An introduction to Kabbalah:

Kabbalah: The Universal Tree of Life

Audio Lectures

Introduction to Gnostic Kabbalah

Part 1: www.gnosis-usa.com...

Part 2: www.gnosis-usa.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Just remembered; has anyone done the knowledge on Fabre D'Olivet?

TITLE: Hebraic Tongue Restored (Vol. 1)
AUTHOR: D'Olivet, Fabre
CATEGORY: Qabalah

Hebrew

ISBN: 0766126064
PAGES: 484
PRICE: $38.95

DESCRIPTION: Volume one of a two volume set. (This description is for all volumes.) And the True Meaning of the Hebrew Words Re-established and Proved by their Radical Analysis. Volume one of a two volume set. (This description is for both volumes.) In this work is found: Introductory dissertation upon the origin of speech, the study of the tongues which can lead to this origin and the purpose that the author has in view; Hebraic Grammar founded upon new principles, and made useful for the study of tongues in general; Series of Hebraic roots considered under new relations, and destined to facilitate the understanding of language, and that of etymological science; Translation into English of the first ten chapters of the Sepher, containing the Cosmogony of Moses.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One I found by Manly P. Hall:

Cabalistic Keys to the Lord's Prayer

Anyone recommend Wynn Westcott's translation of The Sepher Yetzirah or his "Introduction to the Study of the Kabalah"?

kessingerpub.com...,%20W.%20Wynn&Submit=Query

???

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If I had about a five year vacation I could really dig into all those books man. Peace! I guess I'll just have to take it a little at the time until I can quit my day job. Its funny though if you don't work you don't seem to cherish those few hours you have in the evening to read and study.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Tamahu,

Good work my friend. Your timing couldn't have been better (for me at least). I have just bought a few books regarding Kabbalah, and I can see that there are a few more here worth checking out. Your posts are always informative, keep it up dude. You're helping me alot!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Peace guys

If you don't have time for all the extensive works on The Tree of Life, you'll want to just study the three I originally posted, and as I said: "cut to the chase".

Unless of course someone has any better suggestions.

Before buying said books, you may want to study the free online-course I posted which can be found here:

www.gnostickabbalah.com...

www.gnosis-usa.com...

If you study those first, the info contained in the other books will make alot more sense.

These audio-lectures give some background on Kabbalah, that you probably won't hear anywhere else:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Ra Un Nefer Amen has a somewhat different approach; but with his works one is actually going to one of the main sources of Qabalah: KEMET.

I would highly suggest studying his 'Metu Neter Vol. 1' first, if you decide to read 'MAAT: The 11 Laws of God'.

Most other books on Qabalah are either straight up garbage, or are written by a Zionist or black-magician with the intent of misleading people.

I'm not even sure of the authenticity of some of the other works I've inquired about in this thread.

TgSoe wrote

Its funny though if you don't work you don't seem to cherish those few hours you have in the evening to read and study.

Man, if I didn't have to work, I could spend all day in study, meditation, martial-arts, the Tibetan-Rites-of-Rejuvenation exercises, etc.

That's work in itself; as a matter of fact, The Geat Work.

Forget a job(a corporate-America one anyway).

Oh well; the corrupt world outside at least serves as a psychological-gymnasium, of which we can use to work on ourselves and rise above.

PEACE

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

What would you recommend in regards to translations of The Sepher Yetzirah, Zohar, and Bahir?

I wonder about the works of these men:

Aryeh Kaplan

Daniel C. Matt

Gershom Scholem

Does anyone happen to know if any of these three guys support Zionism?

I think that Gershom Scholem may support the Zionist agenda, but what about the other two?

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Definately going to check those out dude, thanks for the suggestions too, I'm new to the Kabbalah. I'm working on "God Is a Verb: Kabbalah and the Practice of Mystical Judaism" by David A. Cooper right now, along with Morals and Dogma. I just bought this one too, which seems to suggest that Jesus himself was a student of Kabbalah. It makes sense to me that he would have been, though I don't know if that's true or not.

[edit on 1/30/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
To be honest, I probably won't get into those^^^ but if you know and want to tell us anything about the author's backgrounds; I'd be willing to listen.

Though I'm pretty sure I'll read Morals and Dogma sometime.

And I would go as far, as to say that the author(s) of the Torah/O.T. were indeed Kabbalists; and that the authors of the New Testament were Gnostic-Kabbalists/Alchemists as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Like I said I'm just trying to get a wide base of knowledge going on the subject. I don't think any books are the be all end all of it, what with all the possible interpretations. I asked around and a couple of friends suggested that those might be a good place to start. I'm not a follower of Judaism, but I think I have been ignorant on the subject of comparative religions for quite long enough.

When I'm done with the above mentioned books, I'll be happy to post my humble opinions, and again, thanks for your suggestions.

Morals and Dogma is excellent so far, although in places quite wordy.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
To be honest, I probably won't get into those^^^ but if you know and want to tell us anything about the author's backgrounds; I'd be willing to listen.

The book by Rabbi David Cooper is pretty good. He was a non-practicing Jew for a long time; he met his wife Shoshanna in the early 60's, and they both practiced Buddhism (in the school of Hippie Zen).

He eventually became interested in Kabalah, which led him to a more serious study of his parents' faith. His brand of mystical Judaism combines Kabalah with Buddhist principles. His books are warm, witty, honest, and entertaining, and I'd recommend reading him for all those reasons.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Tamahu -> You are the "MAN"!!!

How are you so Cool?

Can we Hang? How can I be Down?

P.S. Its just an Expression ML!

I am not sure of Tamahu's Gender - but we had a Buddhist Bonding Moment a WHILE Back!

Tamahu - if you are a Female the -> You are the "WOMAN"!

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Tamahu -> You are the MAN!!!

I thought Tamahu was female?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the background M.L.

The book by Rabbi David Cooper is pretty good. He was a non-practicing Jew for a long time; he met his wife Shoshanna in the early 60's, and they both practiced Buddhism (in the school of Hippie Zen).

Is that really the name of a particular 'Zen' school?

Or are you implying that said school was of a pseudo-Zen type?

He eventually became interested in Kabalah, which led him to a more serious study of his parents' faith. His brand of mystical Judaism combines Kabalah with Buddhist principles. His books are warm, witty, honest, and entertaining, and I'd recommend reading him for all those reasons.

So good leisure reading, but not necessarily geared for the serious initiate?

Tamahu -> You are the MAN!!!

I thought Tamahu was female?

Why?

Tamahu -> You are the "MAN"!!!

How are you so Cool?

Can we Hang? How can I be Down?

P.S. Its just an Expression ML!

I am not sure of Tamahu's Gender - but we had a Buddhist Bonding Moment a WHILE Back!

Tamahu - if you are a Female the -> You are the "WOMAN"!

Whoa! Easy there tiger.

What's with the sarcasm?

Does it seem that I'm posting this stuff, as to appear knowledgeable to everyone?(Mystical-Pride).

Peace

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In all seriousness, sometimes it's hard to tell who is what gender. I alleviated this with my name... AxeMAN. No room for misinterpretation there.

I must say though, I had assumed Tamahu was a man, and in such a case, I concur with SS, you are the man (figuratively speaking, of course
).

P.S. Tamahu, I think you are mistaking a compliment for sarcasm, though I can't be certain... And in answer to your question, while you do seem to be very knowledgeable, it seems as though your intent in posting is to share your interests, not to make yourself look good.

[edit on 2/1/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I wasn't being Sarcastic - it was a COMPLIMENT!
I am used to Running into so many FUNDAMENTALISTS in the Web Forums (What the HECK are they doing on the Web anyway
) - that seeing a person that is a
PROUD MYSTIC (=Tamahu) post about & Link to Sites about Buddhism, Tantra, Qabalah, Gnosticism & Mysticism is QUITE REFRESHING!!!

After all Tamahu Risks being called Insulting names by the Vulgar!

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join