It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bandwidth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
my cell phone is my internet connection. i have allowed ads. opening a mere three pages freezes the computer because of the graphic ads being loaded. every time..
thank you for your attention

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

You cannot block ads ATS.. Not allowed

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
my cell phone is my internet connection.

thats probably the issue

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The ads mess up my ipads as well. My phone seems to cope ok.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have nothing other than cellular connection. For iPad and iPhone. Because of that (Cdn data is expensive and capped), I've tested the usage for ATS in my settings, and it uses 1 mb per clicked page.

It's one of the best (lowest) places on the web to visit.

Thankfully no issues with the ads. Only pop ups are blocked.
edit on 3-12-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

can you actually do some decent browsing/downloading if youre on a comp but using a cell phone connection?
i always figured it would be a drag but ive never used it

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I just use the iPad. I think if I use my laptop with the phone as a hotspot, it uses even more data. Not sure though. The laptop is definitely slower than the tablet, but it's older too.

I can't put pics on ATS without jumping through a gazillion hoops though, which I miss. Resizing and such.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I use it as hot spot to laptop at times. Normal browsing and ytube data normal for couple hrs

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Again.. Adblocking against ATS Ts and Cs... You will not load pgs correctly... Read up

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My pages don't load correctly when I disable adblock. The Chrysler ad has repeatedly frozen my browser. I do it anyway because I love ATS, but some of these ads are killing my user experience.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I have unlimited data with T-Mobile and can browse and even game on my cellular hot spot. Not sure what your issue would be.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed.

I browse ATS in my Note 4. All is well. The only time I use the laptop is during serious debates, the big guns.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

can you actually do some decent browsing/downloading if youre on a comp but using a cell phone connection?
i always figured it would be a drag but ive never used it

It depends on the connection. Personally, I can't stand mobile connections but some people don't have any other option. If you're on a 4G network things are usually responsive enough.

Interesting fact you're probably not aware of. With the massive increase in mobile browsing over the past couple years, average internet speeds have actually dropped. All the major pages are aware of this trend, and have been decreasing in page size rather than increasing. The internet at large hasn't caught on yet though.

For what it's worth, ATS is pretty lightweight. I've never had a slowdown due to adds, but for the most part I don't get them as long as I'm logged in due to post count/star count (not sure which it is).

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I have unlimited data with T-Mobile and can browse and even game on my cellular hot spot. Not sure what your issue would be.

Where you live, and your carrier can matter a lot.

Even the EM interference in your home can have a big impact. In one room in my apartment for example, my wifi is a lot slower than in the other rooms due to the wiring between the walls. In another room, due to a hill my phone signal is rather poor.

new topics

top topics

join