It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+102 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Isaac Koi is leaving UFOlogy because Ted Roe demands he expose his identity and no longer be anonymous. Who the hell does this guy think he is?
I don't think so Ted. If Isaac does not wish to reveal his identity he doesn't. period.

Issac has contributed to the field and is it's premiere archivist.
Koi is an absolute treasure to the community, especially here on ATS.

Isaac released this today:

Goodbye: I seem to have greatly annoyed Ted Roe about a month ago when I posted a brief comment on Facebook about his new IAUPR group. Without wanting to bother you all with the details, he has subsequently posted on various Facebook pages attacking my use of a pseudonym (referring to me as a "fictional entity","it" and posting "Who the f***k is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do"). The relevant Facebook pages include his own page and the one at the link below (among others):
www.facebook.com...
In the context of these posts on various Facebook pages, Ted Roe posted about "my guys" being at the CNES event I attended in Paris a couple of years ago (where I had the pleasure of meeting with Jacques Vallee, Richard Haines and various others - including quite a few members of the EuroUFO email List) and there being _"pics"_. Since the relevant meeting was held on the basis that everyone was entitled to preserve their anonymity if they wished, I had expected that any photos that include me would not be made public - but it looks like I may have been too trusting.
Even more worryingly to me, given my concern not to have clients know about my interest in ufology in case this adversely affects my income, he has now posted today - after various people were kind enough to support me in the relevant discussion on Facebook (including Edoardo Russo, Curt Collins, Rich Hoffman, Paul Dean and others) - called those supporting me "little butt sucking followers" and said "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name".
It appears to be implied - although not entirely clear - that Ted intends to cause my interest in ufology to appear in search results anytime someone searches my (real) name. Given that Ted knows people that have met me (with Ted repeatedly referring to Jacques Vallee in the relevant posts), he could be in a position to do this.
I'm not willing to take this risk.
I've been prepared to share resources freely with the UFO community for over a decade without asking anything in return, simply seeking to be allowed to participate using a pseudonym to avoid risking any potential damage to my career. The above issues suggest that I cannot do this.
This means that I now probably have to cease active participation in ufology - with effect from today. I am, frankly, rather upset about this.
It's been (mostly) fun, but any potential harm to my career is more important to me.
My wife would kill me if my association with ufology damaged my career. She already had a rather jaundiced view of my bothering to spend time on these issues.
Given Ted Roe's connections, I simply don't see any alternative.
All the best,

www.facebook.com...

Bullying in ufology.
What a pathetic display from Roe.
How do we stop this from happening?

edit on 2-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Dec 2 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit per OP

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

How do we stop this from happening?

Publicize Roe's actions. His aggression is proof that he is insecure, which means he is insincere.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Who the hell is this Ted Roe guy?

Never heard of him and Google ain't helping.

Sounds like he needs a slap in the face with a cricket bat

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
DP
edit on 2-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Ted Roe

Exec Dir IAUAPR.org,
Exec Dir NARCAP.org,

Yeah everyones heard of Isaac....

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Perhaps some of of the more technologically savvy folks would be inclined to dissuade Mr. Roe.

Issac is a fantastic ufo contributor and in my opinion above reproach.

This is dissapointing.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Isaac Koi has my full support.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

What I take from this mess is that anything related to the topic of UFOs is still considered beyond the pale, black arts almost, and not allowed in polite circles. 'Tis unfortunate for everyone even the unknowing public.

Who's to really to blame? Over all, blame half a century of government and scientific secrecy and misdirection. This fellow Roe and associates are evidently seriously and honestly jealous of Koi, or have other motives not unknown in organized, civilian UFO circles. Koi's contributing efforts to the great struggle of simple truth are unmistakenable. Any efforts to the contrary are to be held under high suspicion.

edit on 2-12-2016 by Aliensun because: "n" and "'s"

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I've been out of the UFOlogy loop for years now...

I've been reading Ted's Facebook page, seems the saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same" is as true as ever, as in he's upset at debunkers being mean to him and is now lashing out at one of the very few "debunkers" (sorry Isaac, if you don't like to be called that) who has never, ever...and I mean EVER been mean or rude to anyone.

What a petty, sad, little cretin.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Isaac has posted quality work here for years.Sounds like Ted is a real piece of work.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

And... This is why I always go under a pen name when publishing on the net.

Isaac Koi is a great mind in UFOlogy, his departure sincerely saddens me.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Koi's work puts NARCAP's work to shame. I can see why it would do this. They are even more meaningless now.

Isaac, thanks for all the great work over the years.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Government shills don't like anonymous people
because they can't be squeezed or intimidated
as easily as someones who's identity you do know.
Like a poster has stated above - i'll add to.
I think a lot of these ufology organizations have been
infiltrated by government agents in order to discredit real cases
while giving strength to the circumstantial ones keeping the fog up.
I don't trust them.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Isaac Koi has done more for the decimation of UFO information than anyone I can think of , Ted Roe needs to grow up.
I think Roe's problem runs deeper than the use of a pseudonym.

I'm with Isaac Koi.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Find Roe, stamp on his neck until it starts making crunchy noises.

Isaac Koi is one of ours, one of us. If he wants to go to war with one of us, he better be prepared to go toe to toe with every single one of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Chadwickus

Ted Roe

Exec Dir IAUAPR.org,
Exec Dir NARCAP.org,

Yeah everyones heard of Isaac....

Are we to consider Ted Roe's actions here his first order of business as the director of IAUAPR?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

AYE!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Disappointing news indeed and IK has certainly posted a great deal of valuable & helpful information over the years, in this day of privacy invasion etc. I say anonymity is everyone's right & surely any criticisms should be aimed at the veracity of the information and not the person

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is a blow, he is one of the most active in the lethargic ufo community, i appreciate his contributions and i hold his opinion in high regard in matters of the UFO subject.

I can't speak for everyone but we still want/need his contributions, he's done thing some of us, like me, cannot do, like actually take time to preserve what information there is out there.

Is there anything us keyboard cowboys can do?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ted Roe's words and actions reflect extremely poorly on both IAUAPR and NARCAP as well as on Roe's own character and ability to remain objective. Isaac Koi has proven himself to be an invaluable resource to Ufologists for many years whose loss Roe, IAUAPR, and NARCAP will have to own to their determent. This type of petty behavior is why rational Ufology is best left to "secret colleges" and private closed groups.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join