It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recount update: PA cuts 23,700 votes from Trump, Protest filed in MI & more

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Several updates to the recount situation, a few of these are ATS exclusives of a sort....

First up, and I want to warn this is only from one source so far but it appears credible, apparently 3 counties in PA submitted revised vote counts earlier this afternoon to the tune of -23,700 for Trump, which if accurate would cut his lead from 70,638 down to 46,938. Keep in mind that the PA recount has not yet been authorized so not sure what the story is here but what a revision! Source on this is a tweet from "Decision Desk HQ" and admittedly I don't know a lot about them, but they appear to be legit. That said, I'm not seeing any MSM coverage on this yet so we'll have to watch for developments.

Link to Decision Desk Tweet

Next, as of 4pm Trump has filed a formal objection to the MI recount, if you want to read details follow the link but long story short most are saying this will only have the effect of delaying the start of the recount for 2 more days.

Trump Protest - - link to Detroit News

Also hearing reports that MI officials have revealed that approx 85,000 ballots statewide were found to be blank in the presidential section only, with lesser election votes being cast. As odd as this sounds, the linked article does point out that in 2012 there were found to be 49,000 "blank" ballots of this type so not sure if this is even that unusual. FYI this is another story that I'm only seeing a few isolated reports of and no MSM coverage that I could find yet so consider the source (but once again imo it appears to be legitimate info).

87,000 blank MI votes - - link to Palmer Report

And finally, some of the smaller WI districts have already completed their recount and submitted new totals ...most precincts reported no changes but 2 have reported small errors in Trumps favor ....+4 votes so far.

WI recount tally - - link to Heavy.com
edit on 1-12-2016 by Voiceofthemajority because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think your source may be bogus.

For example, this is from York County 4 hours ago. York County has ONE small county that MIGHT recount, but it has yet been decided yet.

People have filed about a dozen requests to challenge the York County election, director of Elections and Voter Registration Nikki Suchanic said Tuesday.

Whether the requests themselves are valid is a question being investigated by county solicitor Glenn Smith, Suchanic said.

Smith said it appears the three signed petitions for Codorus 1, in Codorus Township, make that precinct the only one that may qualify for a recount.
But Suchanic said that deadline, in her opinion, is when a county certifies its election results. She said York County's election results were certified at noon on Monday. Codorus 1 petitions were the only ones filed before noon, and the others came after that on Monday.
Suchanic said only Codorus 1 fulfilled that requirement. County results show that precinct recorded 501 votes for Donald Trump, 120 for Hillary Clinton, 18 for Gary Johnson and 14 for Jill Stein.

www.ydr.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What source are you referring to? I don't see what that link has to do with what I posted.

EDIT: Ahhh, I see what you were getting at, sorry I need to read first and reply second. Now according to that source I posted, the revision had nothing to do with a recount. It was claimed that the PA counties of York, Northampton and Greene all submitted revised vote totals this afternoon. Feel free to straighten me out again if I'm still missing the point you're trying to make.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I suspect this Twitter tweet is just another phony.

That much of a difference would be going viral by now.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

FAKE NEWS Alert !

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Penn Judge Blocks recount

no recount of votes can take place in any official manner. If any were recounted, they will have to be recounted again in the presence of willing campaign monitors. sorry but your story is false as far as i see it.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Absolutely false.

Check your sources before posting.

Please.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

How can that be true when people ALL OVER PA reported this happening?

I even know people it happened too.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This is the official (although still technically unofficial) PA count:
www.electionreturns.pa.gov...#

You can also see the County Breakdown:
www.electionreturns.pa.gov... tive=undefined

Trump is ahead by 67,416, pretty close to what it has been for days.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

FAKE NEWS Alert !

I'm not sure what to think here, the source has impeccable credentials (see below) ...wait and see I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I doubt this is "fake news" - there really may be something to this - I think you have something here.

I am wondering if this is connected with inclusion of provisional ballots - it is definitely not from any kind of recount.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I strongly believe that if we were to recount all of the votes and eliminate any and all fraud it would only strengthen Trumps numbers.

The majority of fraudulent votes I am sure went to Clinton.

So this recount thing makes no sense to me and I wish they would just accept our new president ffs.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I think with your strong beliefs and $1 we could buy 1 cup of coffee.

Lets recount EVERYTHING and just make sure the result is true and accurate.

We will of course be including those provisional ballots you know.
Joe

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

posted twice somehow

edit on 1-12-2016 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Absolutely false.

Check your sources before posting.

Please.

I did check my source, and hate to say this but it still appears to be valid news. Consider this ... the founder of Decision Desk HQ is Brandon Finnegan, a conservative blogger and elections data enthusiast who specializes in Pennsylvania GOP elections. He is also a conservative author and his work entitled "How to win in 2016" was published in The National Review last year.

Here's more from the New York Times bio published last month entitled "A Politics Nerd and Amateur Astronomer on Why Pennsylvania Is Center of Universe"

"Mr. Finnigan.... created Decision Desk HQ, rounding up a volunteer army of blog readers to give an alternative to The Associated Press in reporting election results. (The project is nonpartisan in its aims to deliver accurate results.) Mr. Finnigan also saw the project as a way to increase election transparency, perhaps even to debunk claims of “rigged elections,” a warning that Mr. Trump has sounded repeatedly in recent days."

And finally, Buzzfeed officially teamed up with Decision Desk HQ on election night and had this to say...

"BuzzFeed will work with Decision Desk HQ, a volunteer-run polling and data operation launched by Brandon Finnigan, a blogger from conservative site Aces of Spades. Smith described Decision Desk HQ as “America’s fairest new election night vote counter” in a 2014 profile of the group. He wrote how Finnigan and his growing team were disrupting the Election Night model in which major networks and The Associated Press have traditionally announced the winners.

Smith said there “ought to be a very transparent conversation, where these calls are coming from and why.” Sharp noted how Decision Desk HQ volunteers brought primary election viewers into the process into how they counted precincts using live-streaming app Periscope.

link to Huff post -- Buzzfeed/DecisionDeskHQ

Sounds like a pretty darn good source to me? I also double-checked that the tweet I linked to is a genuine tweet from the official DescisionDeskHQ Twitter feed (verified link from NYT article to website, twitter feed link at bottom and the tweet in question is about 4 deep in the feed... 47,000 followers btw).

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247

Lets recount EVERYTHING and just make sure the result is true and accurate.

I would feel safe doing that. It would only solidify Trumps victory.

There were multiple reports of voting machines automatically switching to Clinton, and it was always Clinton, they never switched to Trump.

Then there are the reports of people, maybe even illegals, being bussed around to vote multiple times for Clinton.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the story is here, the source appears to be rock solid and has on-site volunteers in PA yet I have to admit one would think the MSM would be all over this in a heartbeat ...very odd.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Not surprised - ever watch CNN lately - they will spend an entire hours on one story and cover it and cover it until you want to puke.

Joe
edit on 1-12-2016 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Blank presidential slots are not uncommon.

In my state I did not vote for president but I did vote on most other ballot items.

Thanks for the updates OP

-FBB

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I'll believe it if the official PA site shows it.
I live very close to the counties mentioned in the OP, and I have seen nothing on local news.
The official counts for those 3 counties are the same as I linked on the official state site above.

Northampton County Official Results

Dem - Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine 66,275 45.84%
Rep - Donald J. Trump and Michael R. Pence 71,736 49.62%

York County Official Results

Dem - Hillary CLINTON 68,524 32.94%
Rep - Donald J. TRUMP 128,528 61.78%

Greene County Official Results

Hillary Clinton (Democrat) 28.2% 4482
Donald J. Trump (Republican) 68.4% 10849

These agree with the current counts on the official state-wide site:
www.electionreturns.pa.gov... tive=undefined

So, I'm not sure why your source would have something different than the official site, and why they would have news that is not being reported in the news local to these areas.
If anything changes on the official sites, I will take another look, but for now...

ETA: Noting that the official PA site has been updated daily, going up or down by a few as districts finalize their counts, so I know it is updating. I have been checking it daily.

ETA: Also note that Trump's totals in those 3 counties sum to 211,113. Clinton's sum was 139,281.
If those 3 were going to decrease his count by 23,700, then he would have had to reduce by 11.2%.
Or, Clinton would have had to go up by 17%.
In one day.

edit on 12/1/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

edit on 12/1/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join