It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the UFO Subject in general

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21597090]repairguyt
You are correct about what this may imply. I know during roman times, the middle ages and later, the royalty preferred that the general population remained ignorant, and put forth policies that practically ensured that it stayed that way. An ignorant populous is easy to control, and easy to pacify.

Yea, lets see what happens when they try to take away the pacified peoples guns and right to defend themselves. They tried hard during the Obama years thats for sure. But it looks like they gave up on it. For now. Then it all became #Safespace2016, which REALLY dumbed down the entire fkn globe. Welcome to the human race. Forget UFO's, nothing would change even if they landed right infront of you. The rest of the world have bigger issues to care for. Only 5% of the population are living healthy and prosperous lives, with enough time to think about stuff that doesnt exist. The rest of the globe, in the third world especially, are being #ed over by corporations and politicians, and life goes on. If a bunch of UFO's came, you think they would contact AMERICA first? Thats the biggest joke Hollywood ever played on the dumbed down population.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If that is "proof" enough for you, then Im sorry for you. Eyewitness testimony? Documents?
Why not any PHYSICAL proof? You guys are just like religious people..but its fine. Believe what you want to. Im just glad Im out of that circlejerk.

You shouldn't feel sorry for me. I said nothing about proof. I said that I believe that there exists enough factual evidence (uncontested govt docs and govt employee testimony) to merit an actual scientific study of the phenomena. So, if you can, answer my original questions please. Why does the government feel it is necessary to classify all government documents that mention information about UFO's? Why bother if they truly know that there is nothing to it?

Also, Absence of Evidence does not equal Evidence of Absence. That is a error in logic.
edit on 1-12-2016 by repairguyt because: Update.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: repairguyt

If that is "proof" enough for you, then Im sorry for you. Eyewitness testimony? Documents?
Why not any PHYSICAL proof? You guys are just like religious people..but its fine. Believe what you want to. Im just glad Im out of that circlejerk.

You shouldn't feel sorry for me. I said nothing about proof. I said that I believe that there exists enough factual evidence (uncontested govt docs and govt employee testimony) to merit an actual scientific study of the phenomena. So, if you can, answer my original questions please. Why does the government feel it is necessary to classify all government documents that mention information about UFO's? Why bother if they truly know that there is nothing to it?

What I feel is sorry, is you and 90% of the entire worlds population who believe in stuff that doesnt exist. And they wont ever seek the truth. They like to be TOLD what it is. The man Ive mentioned several times in this thread, William Cooper, died for that. You dont even seem to recognize what he did. You just turn a blind eye and keep on yapping about documents and eyewitness testimonies. How about a mans life? He basically sacrificed himself to speak about what he found. Having Bill Clinton call him the most dangerous man in radio after the fact, only empowers what Cooper found.

Factual evidence? Funny word. You act like UFO's are all extraterrestial. Never heard of secret military aircraft? Secret military aircraft that couldve been made in other countries? Of course that should be classified. The public isnt better off by knowing all the things the militaries do around the world. And for some fkd up reason everything seems to only happen in USA. Sense of entitlement is just downright...american.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

You are correct about what this may imply. I know during roman times, the middle ages and later, the royalty preferred that the general population remained ignorant, and put forth policies that practically ensured that it stayed that way. An ignorant populous is easy to control, and easy to pacify.

Yea, lets see what happens when they try to take away the pacified peoples guns and right to defend themselves. They tried hard during the Obama years thats for sure. But it looks like they gave up on it. For now. Then it all became #Safespace2016, which REALLY dumbed down the entire fkn globe. Welcome to the human race. Forget UFO's, nothing would change even if they landed right infront of you. The rest of the world have bigger issues to care for. Only 5% of the population are living healthy and prosperous lives, with enough time to think about stuff that doesnt exist. The rest of the globe, in the third world especially, are being #ed over by corporations and politicians, and life goes on. If a bunch of UFO's came, you think they would contact AMERICA first? Thats the biggest joke Hollywood ever played on the dumbed down population.

I didn't state or imply that UFO's would land in America first. Why would you make that statement? Do you have some preconception of who I am? Who said anything about guns? Why would you want me to forget about UFO's and turn my attention to the worlds problems? I am interested in UFOlogy, not the rest of the world's problems. I am not trying to sound crass, but I opened this post about the UFO subject and things that pertain to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I didn't state or imply that UFO's would land in America first. Why would you make that statement? Do you have some preconception of who I am? Who said anything about guns? Why would you want me to forget about UFO's and turn my attention to the worlds problems? I am interested in UFOlogy, not the rest of the world's problems. I am not trying to sound crass, but I opened this post about the UFO subject and things that pertain to it.

Yea and Im replying to it, but ever since you #ing ignored my first post..and STILL dont even seem to acknowledge William Cooper's sacrifice, its easy to see you have an agenda. You have been saying "our government" many times now. Which other government but USA could it be? You dont hear much from russia or china or any other big nation about UFO's. Why is that? Yea, Hollywood machine working perfectly. District 9 is probably the most realistic movie amidst all this american hysteria.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Its people like the OP which got me away from ATS in the first place. Its like they want to keep hoaxes alive. They dont seek the truth, at all. Its the complete opposite of what ATS used to be. Thanks for the reminder. Time to take a break again.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What I feel is sorry, is you and 90% of the entire worlds population who believe in stuff that doesnt exist. And they wont ever seek the truth. They like to be TOLD what it is. The man Ive mentioned several times in this thread, William Cooper, died for that. You dont even seem to recognize what he did. You just turn a blind eye and keep on yapping about documents and eyewitness testimonies. How about a mans life? He basically sacrificed himself to speak about what he found. Having Bill Clinton call him the most dangerous man in radio after the fact, only empowers what Cooper found.

Factual evidence? Funny word. You act like UFO's are all extraterrestial. Never heard of secret military aircraft? Secret military aircraft that couldve been made in other countries? Of course that should be classified. The public isnt better off by knowing all the things the militaries do around the world. And for some fkd up reason everything seems to only happen in USA. Sense of entitlement is just downright...american.

You're convinced that UFO's don't exist. I respect your opinion. I don't know anything about William Cooper, and therefore cannot speak to what he may or may not have done, or written. I may at some future time research him, but at this time I am interested in answers to the questions I have put forth, not William Cooper. You assume that because I know nothing about William Cooper that I am completely ignorant of the entire subject, and on top of that I am consumed by a sense of "American" entitlement. I have not stated or implied that all UFO's are extraterrestrial. Only someone that has done little research on the subject would make that assumption, and I have never made that assumption. I am not even talking about documents that are related to classified military weaponry (including planes or other such material). Just the documents and other media related to UFO's.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You're convinced that UFO's don't exist. I respect your opinion. I don't know anything about William Cooper, and therefore cannot speak to what he may or may not have done, or written. I may at some future time research him, but at this time I am interested in answers to the questions I have put forth, not William Cooper. You assume that because I know nothing about William Cooper that I am completely ignorant of the entire subject, and on top of that I am consumed by a sense of "American" entitlement. I have not stated or implied that all UFO's are extraterrestrial. Only someone that has done little research on the subject would make that assumption, and I have never made that assumption. I am not even talking about documents that are related to classified military weaponry (including planes or other such material). Just the documents and other media related to UFO's.

See, and you STILL ignore my first post. I said I like to believe they HAVE ALREADY BEEN HERE. Jesus fkn Christ. Can you just delete this thread? Its been a symbol of why ATS sucks. And you still dont address Cooper. It seems youre not even interested in seeking the truth which he found. For me who listened to him all the time, UNDERSTOOD his final message. Its very transparent whats going on. JFK died for the same thing, he was gonna expose the shadow governments too. What other reasonings can I have when you #ing cherrypick your responses and issues? UFO's are still only that...documents, eyewitnesses. IE, not really credible. What is credible, is that the UFO hoax is real , and its working on you and people like you. Cooper proved that.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

See, and you STILL ignore my first post. I said I like to believe they HAVE ALREADY BEEN HERE. Jesus fkn Christ. Can you just delete this thread? Its been a symbol of why ATS sucks. And you still dont address Cooper. It seems youre not even interested in seeking the truth which he found. For me who listened to him all the time, UNDERSTOOD his final message. Its very transparent whats going on. JFK died for the same thing, he was gonna expose the shadow governments too. What other reasonings can I have when you #ing cherrypick your responses and issues? UFO's are still only that...documents, eyewitnesses. IE, not really credible. What is credible, is that the UFO hoax is real , and its working on you and people like you. Cooper proved that.

Ok. So I didn't address your first reply. I apologized for that earlier, and I explained in a previous reply that I know nothing about William Cooper. Why do you insist that I make comments about him when I know nothing about him? I believe that you may be correct about JFK and why he was assassinated. Yes, arguing the merits of the data (documents and witness testimony) are required and I understand that, but the documents and witness testimony would stand in a court of law, and therefore should be considered relevant to this topic. For instance, can you say without any doubt that all data related to this topic (govt documents, govt witness testimony, physical data collected from alleged landing sites) is false? I believe that you can not in good conscience dismiss all data without truly studying it scientifically. And back to the original questions - why do government entities classify the documents related to UFO's?

Edit: I'm not saying that there is no possibility that the UFO subject is in fact a hoax. I'm saying that conclusion is doubtful.
edit on 1-12-2016 by repairguyt because: added comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

For instance, can you say without any doubt that all data related to this topic (govt documents, govt witness testimony, physical data collected from alleged landing sites) is false? I believe that you can not in good conscience dismiss all data without truly studying it scientifically. And back to the original questions - why do government entities classify the documents related to UFO's?

Why? So people like you can keep asking questions you will never get any answers to. The whole part of keeping the UFO hoax alive is based on this so called "secrecy". Its all one major distraction from the real issues at hand. Cant you see thats how they work? If only you could have read up some on William Cooper, and you might...just might, might have understood what I went through. You are still living in a bubble. I used to live in one too, until Cooper's death burst it. And I saw clearly. One of the best days ever, even though I really enjoyed wanting to believe. Now, dont address me again please. Ill just put on you ignore so I cant see what you type again anyway. I need to save time, as I decided to come back here. Have a nice life.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

[/quote/]

jungian, you seem downright OBSESSED with William Cooper.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Jungian, you seem downright OBSESED with William Cooper. You can't go two sentences without bringing him up. You seem to be personally hurting that the OP doesn't know anything about him. What gives???

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Jungian, you seem downright OBSESED with William Cooper. You can't go two sentences without bringing him up. You seem to be personally hurting that the OP doesn't know anything about him. What gives???

I cant go two sentences without bringing him up? Kinda only reading what you want, like repairguyt arent you. I explained myself as being one who used to believe. Now, Im obsessed by seeking the truth. William Cooper was as well. And he died for it. Did they bother him while he was seeking the truth and speaking for decades about UFO's? Nope. Not one bit.

Look at Bob Lazar, hes being left alone even to this day. They dont mind him keeping the hoax alive.
And now after all the wikileaks documents, are there anything in there about UFO's? Just asking, as I might have to check that up myself. I do remember this british hacker some years ago, who accessed Pentagon for UFO papers but couldnt find anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Sorry OraKat, that I seemed to have over-looked your post. When I stated "Mainstream Media", I actually meant "Mainstream News Media". Please forgive the miss-statement. It is hard to find news channels that have serious reports on the subject. Although, it is getting somewhat better these last few years.

I agree with you that something is up.

BTW - Nice fractal image.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Did you not read my first post at all? Jesus fkn Christ. Please read instead of posting an unrelevant video. Read the document Cooper wrote regarding the entire subject of UFO's being a hoax.
What YOU see as a hoax or not doesnt concern me at all. My go to guy was William Cooper. But when he is shot dead 2 weeks after finding a truth he was not supposed to, says enough for me. After all his years of talking about MJ12, he had a big change of heart, like none other. He found a more solid and believeable truth. And is now dead for it. And you choose to ignore that fact?
Yea, something does not add up.

You're right....something doesn't add up all right. That one letter seriously contradicts years of everything he had been saying for years concerning the reality of an alien presence. Now were supposed to believe THAT? LOL! Sorry but you just don't retract claims of that magnitude after exhibiting the absolute conviction he had expressed over decades on the subject.

Sounded more like a "maybe this could spare my life" document that arrived a tad bit late.....10 years late at that. The damage was already done, and it wasn't due to that "oops, everything I've been saying for decades about aliens being here and doing all this stuff wasn't true I lied" document.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Did you not read my first post at all? Jesus fkn Christ. Please read instead of posting an unrelevant video. Read the document Cooper wrote regarding the entire subject of UFO's being a hoax.
What YOU see as a hoax or not doesnt concern me at all. My go to guy was William Cooper. But when he is shot dead 2 weeks after finding a truth he was not supposed to, says enough for me. After all his years of talking about MJ12, he had a big change of heart, like none other. He found a more solid and believeable truth. And is now dead for it. And you choose to ignore that fact?
Yea, something does not add up.

You're right....something doesn't add up all right. That one letter seriously contradicts years of everything he had been saying for years concerning the reality of an alien presence. Now were supposed to believe THAT? LOL! Sorry but you just don't retract claims of that magnitude after exhibiting the absolute conviction he had expressed over decades on the subject.

Sounded more like a "maybe this could spare my life" document that arrived a tad bit late.....10 years late at that. The damage was already done, and it wasn't due to that "oops, everything I've been saying for decades about aliens being here and doing all this stuff wasn't true I lied" document.

You think that document alone is all that is to Coopers revelations? Wow, you're more ignorant than I thought. I wont bother to come back to this thread. How can truth not be anymore 'contradicting' to the big lie he had been chasing most of his life?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Hi TrueMessiah,

I respect Jungian's point of view, but I find it fascinating that he (or she - can't decide) would hold up William Cooper as the only "truth teller" when it comes to this subject and dismiss all other data as false.

In my opinion this William Cooper fits into the category of "witness" or "researcher" and yet, he is not held to the same standard all other witnesses or researchers are. Why?
edit on 1-12-2016 by repairguyt because:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

1) Misidentification of natural things (like the planet venus).
2) Misidentification of manmade things (aircraft, satellites)
3) Out and out deception (youtube, Ancient Aliens, cold war and post cold war alphabet agency deception).
4) A generally subtle, substrate-independent, sentient-meme-like intelligence, which interacts with human consciousness and sometimes materializes energy/matter effects, which are perceived as real, solid and nuts and bolts, but is something else completely.

But there are no UFOs like people want there to be, at least not yet. We will probably build them someday and terrorize some primitive culture with them someday.

Nah, 4 is just the brain's reaction to 1 and it doesn't know what the hell is going on so it makes # up and is at least convinced that whatever it is, is "alive" and smarter than they (we) are (hence monikers such as: "The Trickster").

Do you think of the municipal services that you depend on as "alive" (a "Gnostic" would say, "# Yeah!".)?

That's where you are stuck, I think.

We will probably build them someday and terrorize some primitive culture with them someday.

As you can now see from my post above, that is what we are already doing to ourselves. There's your "Breakaway Civilization".

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

edit on 1-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Nah...i took your nah into account decades ago.
But it is certainly part of the mix as most people who study this subject know.

Kev

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well, we have that going for us, you and I.

You think think it's alive and sentient.

I think it's not, and is basically an automated janitorial service of some sort.

I'm good with that.

...i took your nah into account decades ago.

It's only been 3+ years, Kev, but I agree it feels like at least a decade.

edit on 1-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join