It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of spider is this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Found this sucker crawling up my wall while eating dinner with the family. Caught it in a food container and we left it on the table while we held a military tribunal over dinner. Over much deliberation we decided death by spider spray was the verdict. We put it to death today November 30th at 2100 hrs. Let this be a warning to the other spiders that may be lurking in my house.

We named it Hillary before the sentence was carried out.

We are thinking its a small wolf spider.
edit on 30-11-2016 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know, but I do know that you should kill it with fire!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

That would have been my guess too, wolf spider.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hopefully the dead kind....

Looks like a wolf spider but I've never seen one so small. Baby wolf maybe?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Small/young wolf spider nearly harmless.
The ones in my house never get very large as they should. My cats hunts and eats them gleefully, just 8 legs left behind.
edit on 11/30/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Small/young wolf spider nearly harmless.

Nevertheless, freeze it with hairspray and then light a match

As much as I hate spiders, I'm amazed I work near a lot of them. Have seen a lot of species I never knew existed. I recently discovered one that looks like a black widow, but red/orange color. Any ideas?

I also saw sow bug hunters for the first time in my apartment. Nasty little terrors!

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm with you. I will dispatch them in every imaginable way possible, even scorched earth. I just have cats that are on the same team with an appetite and a stomach.

My favorite is with my pellet gun, but each situation presents variables, in the background.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I agree... a wolf spider.

They live in my house too. I see them when the weather changes to cold more often. If they live past the poochie on guard, then I just let them be. I try really hard not to kill things though... especially for joy.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hate spiders and like all Aussies Im probably only ever 3ft away from a spider that could kill me in 5 min so I feel my hate is justified.

2 spiders get a pass with me, daddy long legs and huntsmen, both while ugly are harmless. The rest gotsta die

I believe in the death sentence for the crime of being a spider but I do feel it should be done humanely, spider spray basically acts like an acid and leaves the poor critters to die a slow painful death and I really hope the person suggesting burning them is 14 as in an adult that kind of behavior is slightly psychopathic.

A whack with a shoe or magazine and its over quickly, no suffering for spidey, no harmful chemicals in the air and no risk of burning down your house

edit on 1/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff
I have to admit my flip-flops have nearly a hundred kills under their cumulative belts. I live in the Philippines, this is a daily occurrence here.
There are times that just will not work in a rational way. You have to think out of the box..ie; under something, too high up..etc. then you bring in the special forces.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The important thing is, it is a dead spider. Is the only good spider a dead spider? No. There are no good spiders. Only dead ones, and alive ones that need to be converted to dead ones. That one looks pretty damned dead, but I always err on the side of caution and double-tap. And by double-tap, I mean chop them into pieces so that there is zero possibility that they can pull a Friday the 13th maneuver and rise from the dead like it was just a little invigorating power nap. Vile constructs of inherent wrongness. Every last creepy one of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I hate spiders and like all Aussies Im probably only ever 3ft away from a spider that could kill me in 5 min so I feel my hate is justified.

2 spiders get a pass with me, daddy long legs and huntsmen, both while ugly are harmless. The rest gotsta die

While I believe in the death sentence for the crime of being a spider I do feel it should be done humanely, spider spray basically acts like an acid and leaves the poor critters to die a slow painful death and I really hope the person suggesting burning them is 14 as in an adult that kind of behavior is slightly psychopathic.

A whack with a shoe or magazine and its over quickly, no suffering for spidey, no harmful chemicals in the air and no risk of burning down your house

We get a lot of scorpions out here in my house and they are so fast I have to spray them. Plus you dont want to try and squash one when they are in attack mode.

I wanted to just squash this spider but my wife and 2 daughters freaked out when I told them I would have to let the spider out to stomp it. So we settled for spider spray since I dont want my kids thinking playing with fire is cool.

You Aussies have it tough though. Every plant and animal in AZ wants to stick you with something but few are as dangerous as the animals in AU. Like brown snakes and funnel webs. F*ck that $hit

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Every spider you fail to kill...knows you tried to kill it

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hunstman.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That's OK...I've got something for that eight legged ass if it decides to try for round two.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You have a sick mind. I just usher them out of the window.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You have a sick mind.

Not really. Some people have phobias. Spiders are not one of yours.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You have a sick mind. I just usher them out of the window.

Actually, what I have is a severe phobia of spiders and a wicked sense of humor about it. There is nothing wrong with my mind. I've known people who died from spider bites and learned at a very young age to fear them as a result. As long as they stay out of my space, I have no issue with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

My fiance has arachnophobia. The shrieks are far scarier than the spider lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
The important thing is, it is a dead spider. Is the only good spider a dead spider? No. There are no good spiders. Only dead ones, and alive ones that need to be converted to dead ones. That one looks pretty damned dead, but I always err on the side of caution and double-tap. And by double-tap, I mean chop them into pieces so that there is zero possibility that they can pull a Friday the 13th maneuver and rise from the dead like it was just a little invigorating power nap. Vile constructs of inherent wrongness. Every last creepy one of them.

That is my cats job, they know the sound of my flip-flops on the wall, they come to assess and consume the bodies. All i do is incapacitate(they are never dead until hours have passed). they do the dirty work of disposal. Sans legs, they just wont eat the legs... side note; they never consume the ones I HAD to spray dead, they just know better.

ETA; I'm talking about spiders that are the size of my hands...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join