It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Reddit CEO caught editing posts without a trace

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Typical tolerant liberal, supporting censorship and stripping away peoples rights because it hurts their feewings.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
a reply to: Kalixi

What he did: He edited comments critical of himself without leaving a trace. It was found out because the comments were changed in an obvious manner. He intended this to be a joke. The problem is there was no trace they were edited.

So he admitted of editing posts or not? There should be some circumstantial evidence left regardless. They would need to determine the time frame (old search engine indexing of pages) when the posts were edited and then look at the logs to find out if he was online at that time. I know I know, he could be using services to mask his IP but that can be traced back or at least compared to his previous online activity. That should give a better perspective on things....however, it needs to be done asap, time is of the essence here.

To clarify yes he admitted to editing posts after he was caught out. The NY Times asked for permission to use reddit as a source in their "pizzagate" article. Spez allowed them to after he went through the sub and changed the posts around to remove f**k u/spez" and altered some people's wording. This was discovered when people read the article.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes many people are pointing out that mods are able to secretly change posts. On a gaming forum this is one thing on a website that provides news and information to million of people this is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. The ethical repercussions of a news platform doing this are yuge.

Imagine if CNN were interviewing election candidates and then changing their quoted answers in the article. They already select which quotes to use and can make it seem like the quotes mean more than they do with their own writing style to push an agenda but they are limited by what the person has actually said.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Screw The_Donald. Most of Reddit doesn't give a crap about them or this but they will cry and cry. I'm just hoping that sub will be banned soon since it's nothing but a den of hate and bigotry.

Have you always been a fascist or is it something new?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm glad someone made a thread on this aspect of the situation.

This calls into question so many things now. It adds a great deal of weight behind the idea of legitimacy of the whole 'pizzagate' thing as unsavory as is the idea of even considering.

Btw, the grammar Nazi in me cheered when you used the phrase, "toed the line," correctly; I've seen it used as "towed," in a few threads lately but I've let them pass without mention.

originally posted by: Konduit
As a member posted in the other thread regarding the r/pizzagate shutdown, this wasn't just any admin editing users comments, it was Reddits equivalent to Skeptic Overlord or Springer doing it and in a manner that wasn't straight forward with the users.

And it's even more suspicious because this all happened on topics regarding pizzagate... this is some Orwellian #.

Really glad you saw that comment, no one responded to it in that other thread.

This is a Really. Big. Deal.

This guy ought not only step down, he should be prosecuted for fraud. One count for each keystroke, including clicks and motions of the mouse.

Or did he not intend to make these edits?

For any of you who are obliquely excusing this, questioning why anyone is surprised by it, or saying that it should have been expected because it's 'easy to do?'

Really?

I'm mean, really???

How in the # can you even begin to express that kind of thinking?

Or maybe you'll claim your words were altered?

Over and above the sickness described by pizzagate, this should open everyone's eyes to the truth that power will be abused. Reddit is one of the largest social media/digital public forums there are. People post there using their real identities and now have to be concerned that their opinions can be counterfeited or altered to suit the whims of those who have the ability to do so.

This is far beyond the pale.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm not a liberal but if anyone isn't on your team then they must be your enemy? Funny you mention tolerance and censorship because at T_D there is only tolerance for Trump supporters, everyone else will be and have been banned, you know censorship.

There are many, many expamples of bigotry coming out of that cess pool of a forum. The only people I see crying about their feelings are conservatives and most definitely The_Donald.

The_Donald, a safe place for racists and or Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The Donald is for fans of Trump. Of course anyone who despises him will be banned.

It's the same as other fan groups. I'm not a fan of Star Wars and if I went on a SW forum sharing my feelings, I'd be banned.

As for bigotry, I haven't seen any yet on The Donald, but I was only there toward the end of the election, because they had a lot of wikileaks screenshots. I don't have a Reddit account, and now never will.

I am not surprised if there is some bigotry. There always will be; in any forum for any topic. Even on facebook, with people's real names and photos attached, people will comment on news and other public pages, showing there true nature.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Time to boycott and blacklist Reddit and Twitter and move to a new platform, and if there isn't one as good, figure out a way to create it.

I once had a very bad experience at Reddit which demonstrated to me that the owners of that site are up to no good and are into the same sort of BS that we all oppose with every fibre of our being.

And from what I've seen, the Twitter CEO appears to one of "them".

Dump those websites, in the same way we're all boycotting the MSM and turning off our TV's and cable. F 'em!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: collietta

It's all so ironic then when they give themselves the title of the last bastion of free speech but ban anyone who doesn't agree with them. Call it what it is, a safe place for Trump supporters. Star Wars? If you're trolling that sub you'll get banned but having a conservation about why you don't like it probably won't get you banned. But Darth Vader isn't our president and it's hilarious the same crowd that demonizes Lefties and safe places demands a safe place themselves. There should be no safe places in politics.

Speaking of bigotry, when T_M mods banned people, sometimes they leave a racist message, like calling the bannee the N-word.
It's all well documented on Reddit.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I didn't mean to touch a nerve. I was using Star Wars as an example. I don't have Reddit and only started visiting there because they had better information on wikileaks than ATS.

Even though I lurk, I do know there are lots of safe space forums on Reddit. People were alluding that the politics sub was a safe space for Clinton and her CTR. Lots of people said there was a Sanders forum that was also a safe space, just like you are accusing the Donald.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Leaked conversation of Reddit admins discussing ways to shutdown r/The_Donald in wake of CEO u/spez's violation of T&C by impersonating it's users

What's really concerning about this is that nothing can stop them from editing 2 year old comments from a user and using that message to send to the FBI or brand them as a pedo/racist by the media. This is full on 1984.

This has absolutely terrifying implications. I shudder at the thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I've been on the fence about this pizzagate business from the beginning. I don't want any of it to be true. But then you see something like this from Reddit's CEO, it just looks bad. I can't believe for a moment that he wouldn't understand how it would look if the edits were discovered. So some other greater consideration motivated his actions.

Dumb move, imo.

Isn't deleting evidence obstruction of justice? Well infowars reported on this story, so its gonna get more views now.

But it seems like there is a trend, delete emails and delete investigations. When that happens you KNOW they got something to hide. Not to mention the "Fake News" attack on alternative media, and the sudden rise of old articles posted from 2014 somehow reappearing in 2016 as the top headline.

And what I find even more suspicious are the people continuing to ridicule these topics here on ATS when it is in fact a VALID investigation. Either they are trying to protect those in power, being paid to do it or they simply are trolling for the heck of it. All they do is ridicule, character assassinate, insult or complain and add nothing to the topic.

This is a very real case, ignore anyone who says otherwise. Bottomline is, children's lives are at stake, and if the existence of this crime can be brought to light, think of all the children that can be saved.

That should be the focus of anyone who is sane, to look into the topic.

There is an attempt to cover up this story, it is obvious; wikileaks did far more damage to the establishment than most realize.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Even If Elite social structure like "Pizza gate" is real I 'm more interested in the thread regarding Hilary going to her daughters Condominium in New York after her break down on remembrance day that also had the same address I feel like both pizza gate and privately funded Heath services belong to the same zeitgeist of this elite. Hahaha Maybe witter has created the holy grail of untraceable web changes but many have "allegedly" tried before.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

People at T_D will direct you a sub where questions will be answered or how to get involved, sub that is subject to constant CTR attack is going to be vigilant dear snowflake.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: collietta

Speaking of bigotry, when T_M mods banned people, sometimes they leave a racist message, like calling the bannee the N-word.
It's all well documented on Reddit.

I've been lurking on The_Donald for a while as they are closely linked to the former pizzagate sub and I haven't seen MODS calling people the N-word.

And in relation to this OP how would you know that was actually written by the MOD or added later by u/spez in his well-documented effort to have the sub banned?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
From the forums I've seen Administrator level allows the editing of ANY board comments, whilst its logged the log can just be removed. Obviously more custom professionally written stuff will almost certainly allow those in charge to edit as they like with no traceability. I'd imagine on places like Reddit because of the content and sub forums that option would have been written in from day one.

Which sort of brings me to the point of living your life on line, no one is saying you should not be able to do that but you have to accept that nothing is shy of corruption and basically you are being harvested constantly, 1984 was a kids story compared to today.

I myself use ATS as my only real politically active forum, the rest is retro game emulation & a bit of lock picking. I don't use facebook except as a way to log on to other sites (yes I'm aware of the openness I leave myself to but I don't actually post on things like known social media, I don't have a mobile and I'd rather meet people than skype of message them via forums but I'm so immobile these days I'm being forced in to using online more and more. I still refuse to be the zombie staring at the tablet, mobile , screen etc whose life depends (according to them) on it. The best way to not get caught up in this nastiness is to use life to not be behind a screen.

Freedom of speech, ha, with Adobe's new voice software that can be altered on a text editor level the very notion of speech being free from lies is fading fast. Its got to the point of not, did I really say that to now its did I even open my mouth..

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

How is this news? People that own these companies and have any form of connection to those in power will do anything to protect themselves and others.

Its obvious. Could you imagine Mark Zuckerberg allowing an off hand Facebook post by him or about him to surface for too long? He would change it, delete it, delete all the users connected to it to protect himself.

Its just like any form of job, those in it protect themselves. Just like police. One of their own does wrong, they are all over it protecting them.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"Hey spaz edit some posts please and there is a 100K BTC transfer waiting for you!"

K

id sure as hell do it

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not sure if this was added to the thread -

edit on 28-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm late to this discussion, but I wanted to point out that this wasn't the first time Spez has done this. I'm on Reddit a fair amount and saw this link thrown into the pot at some point... He also admits to this edit in my fourth link in the comments. Insert standard Reddit profanity warning here.

Evidence
Discussion on it -- The evidence link is also in the top comment of this thread.

Edit: While I'm here, just in case you haven't seen it:
Spez admits to editing T_D posts
Spez makes a "TIFU" thread about it
edit on 6-12-2016 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join