It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You just can't write this stuff!! Number of Hamilton stars haven't voted in YEARS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did you just assume my gender?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well then, I only got twenty minutes before I have to leave.

lets make this quick.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Ok you win, I give.

Uncle Uncle

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

But I just got out the tub of butter.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sorry,

Butter in tub form is not a right protected under our founding documents.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So?

If my post requires a little more, I guess I'd like to ask you if you have a point?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Yes you get a group of (assumed) liberal alternative life styled actors standing on stage holding hands and with all due respect they stated that they are afraid that the new admin wouldn't “uphold our American values” and “work on behalf of all of us. Afraid, but not afraid enough to vote.

So? If my post requires a little more, I guess I'd like to ask you if you have a point?

edit on 22-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Is their right to free speech something that has to be earned? Is it illegal to not vote?

Are they citizens?

Do you think that there are conservatives that don't vote? Is it annoying when they have opinions that they state out loud in public?

What's your real point?

Yes you get a group of (assumed) liberal alternative life styled actors standing on stage holding hands and with all due respect they stated that they are afraid that the new admin wouldn't “uphold our American values” and “work on behalf of all of us.

I think you could give a fig whether they voted or not - you just don't like them
edit on 11/22/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You think wrong. If you are un happy about the outcome of the election and didn't vote, you have no room to complain, but you do have a right complain.

Also these clowns were at work, and it was low class to do that. If you wanted to talk, do it one on one.

And the insinuation was he wasn't going to treat all Americans equal and protect them because they were afraid. This was also a back handed way to call him the normal intolerant names liberals call people who disagree with them. IMHO

And me liking them would be hard to tell, do you like them? Do you know them? I don't. What does liking them have to do with anything?

think you could give a fig whether they voted or not - you just don't like them

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This was also a back handed way to call him the normal intolerant names liberals call people who disagree with them.

Yes you get a group of (assumed) liberal alternative life styled actors

Just sayin'

Maybe we all use backhandedness and cliches to our best and worst advantage sometimes

Since liberals are always so intolerant, when they accuse others of being intolerant - it's like a double negative. Right?

:-)

People with alternative lifestyles and big mouths ought to vote first. Got that. Then you'd be happy to listen

edit on 11/22/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

What back handed comments did I say? I straight up called them clowns.

And life styles aren't in the equation, they brought it to the picnic.

If HRC was pres I would still go about my day, but wonder when US and Russia would mix it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
You just can't write this stuff!!
After everyone on stage were holding hands and announcing, respectfully of course, that they had fear about the new admin upholding their inalienable right. Turns out that voting isn't high on the list of some of the Hamilton cast.

Some of Broadway smash Hamilton's stars haven't cast votes in years
Voting records are not out for the 2016 presidential election
However, many of the leads have skipped out on voting in past elections
At least four cast members have missed elections in the last ten years
Despite this, the cast read a statement to vice president-elect Mike Pence
The statement, written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, said they were worried about Pence's new administration with president-elect Donald Trump

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tml#ixzz4QkgGobbs

Anybody check their immigration status?

Didn't most of the arrestee's in Portland not vote or weren't registered too?

Just because they play politicians on stage, doesn't mean they are smart or know anything outside the lines they are paid to sing.

They proved me right.

Pence should have thrown his over priced popcorn at him and yelled, "you suck!". lol!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
It's a dangerous slippery slope when one starts limiting freedom of speech.

I thought the "right" was in support of our Constitution?

No one is limiting their speech.

By the same token, we are free to speak about the hypocrisy of their assumed superiority.

And Pence looks even better afterwards.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Do you think that there are conservatives that don't vote? Is it annoying when they have opinions that they state out loud in public?

What's your real point?

Yes there no doubt are, and if they spoke out against an elected liberal politician we'd berate them just as much.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
TICKETS FOR THIS "COMMON MAN" SHOW are now HUNDREDS of dollars a piece!
www.nydailynews.com...

These JERKS have set a precedent. Let's see how many other IDIOT entities deliver personal insults to top Trump officials, just to generate attention, enable higher ticket prices, increase sales, blah blah.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
These guys wrote the message: show creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, director, Thomas Kail and lead producer, Jeffrey Seller, according to the New York Times.

And asked the lead actor to read it.

Talk about a nothing hyped up rant.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Just because they play politicians on stage, doesn't mean they are smart or know anything outside the lines they are paid to sing.

Yes.
This is an interesting thing. They are there because people pay to see them perform. They are entertainment.

Quite like a court jester or dare I say it..... minstrels.

It would be the last way that I would like to make money, doing a racially stereotypical job.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join