It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

You just can't write this stuff!! Number of Hamilton stars haven't voted in YEARS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Those people in their play sure did trigger quite a few folks with their hurtful and offensive words and opinions.

I hear it quite often that Trump is going to "destroy IS," yet he's too busy engaging in social media "fights," with a bunch of people in a play who upset and Pence's feelings hurt.

LOOOOOL.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Nothing like the Liberals using the stage and a captive audience to put out their "message" and then not back up that message with the action of actually voting for the candidate they thought would give them what they wanted. They used the stage as a tactic and a gimmick to call out the political figure in the house. Mike Pence should have stood up and applauded them, robbing them of their thunder. He should have shouted "Bravo" over and over again.

I support their right to free speech. However, the audience didn't pay to hear their opinions, needs or wants. That was not part of the show and as those ticket prices for Hamilton are high, my two daughters are going this weekend to see it, I would have got up and walked out. I am not interested in hearing them, as is my right as well.

Now, if the cast of Hamilton would show up in time square in full costume and give the same speech, Bravo, you are now speaking in public, peacefully, to the public not to an audience that paid to see a show not a political monologue. Anyone can listen to your speech and come and go as they please.

As it goes, it is over with now. Nothing like beating a dead horse though.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Nothing like the Liberals using the stage and a captive audience to put out their "message" and then not back up that message with the action of actually voting for the candidate they thought would give them what they wanted. They used the stage as a tactic and a gimmick to call out the political figure in the house. Mike Pence should have stood up and applauded them, robbing them of their thunder. He should have shouted "Bravo" over and over again.

I support their right to free speech. However, the audience didn't pay to hear their opinions, needs or wants. That was not part of the show and as those ticket prices for Hamilton are high, my two daughters are going this weekend to see it, I would have got up and walked out. I am not interested in hearing them, as is my right as well.

Now, if the cast of Hamilton would show up in time square in full costume and give the same speech, Bravo, you are now speaking in public, peacefully, to the public not to an audience that paid to see a show not a political monologue. Anyone can listen to your speech and come and go as they please.

What's your opinion of Trump using the debate stage to insult Rosie O Donnell? She was watching the debate with her kid, btw, and had to explain that one to him. I don't think she deserved that.
Or using the stage to brag about the size of his ....?

There is a time and a place for everything, but I also think you get what you give.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How would the Daily Mail, which habitually makes things up in order to coddle their UKIP readers and the American right wingers, get their hands on peoples voting records? There's no links to the proof either, just claims.

Besides, you don't earn your right to speak... it is yours via birth.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I fail to see any logic in your argument.

As I said in a post above, of course they can "voice their opinion" as you say, I say b!tch because they had their chance but crapped out and didn't even vote. So they should complain about the person in the mirror. Dumb, to even say a word if you didn't vote.

But of course I support their right to be ignorant, and lazy, and complain about a choice that is their fault.

BS every American has the right to voice their opinion whether they voted or not. Don't vote don't complain ok then how about having only the people who voted pay for their new government and let those of us who didn't vote live tax free.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I give up, how about them?

How would the Daily Mail,

And freedom of speech is a God given right. I haven't thought about it enough to know if it is a birth right, is that kind of the same?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Voting records are available publicly. Not who you voted for, but that if you did or did not vote.

IIRC, there was a blowup during the Presidential election in 2012 where people received letters listing which of their neighbors voted or did not vote in the previous election. Ended up that the records of who voted are available to the public.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Still, they offered no proof.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Trump is brash, you know what your getting.

HRC is a mess, I shudder to think of what the state of the world would if we got another 4 more years of Obama policies, status quo is HRC.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

They are absolutely able to have their opinions and voice, and I have every right to think and say that the fact they didnt vote makes them look like total asses in this situation.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

Still, they offered no proof.

I know.
I was just trying to help.
You asked how the Daily Mail would get their hands on the records.

link   

I didn't vote either.

My middle finger still wont go down.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Freedom of speech is not God given.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Of course it won't. You are so anti.

My goodness your statement reminds me of the multi pierced this and that with tats all over to prove how anti they are and they want to be unique and expressive.

Knock yourself out. You did, you did, nothing. Congrats, nothing....

didn't vote either.

My middle finger still wont go down.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: wdkirk

What's your opinion of Trump using the debate stage to insult Rosie O Donnell? She was watching the debate with her kid, btw, and had to explain that one to him. I don't think she deserved that.
Or using the stage to brag about the size of his ....?

There is a time and a place for everything, but I also think you get what you give.

Agreed. You do give what you get and there is a time and place for everything.

No, I don't think the President Elect should stoop to those kind of antics.

The Presidency, the President and the President-Elect need to be respected, you don't have to like the person doing the job but you should respect the position. However, the President and President-Elect should hold themselves to a high standard and part of the high standard is not to get into or be a party to those kinds of insults and that kind of banter, like the Rosie O'Donnell situation.

I believe Mike Pence should have listened, stood, applauded and then thanked them for their insight. As the Vice President, that is his duty. He serves the public. He may have even gotten their respect.

However, the cast of Hamilton should have put on their show and then ask Mike Pence and his wife back stage to have the discussion. They only did what they did for the sensationalism of it. They wanted the attention on a larger scale and they got it.

If you feel that strongly, take to the streets and have a peaceful speech or protest and keep it out of the venue of a Broadway Theater house. Because you are the cast of Hamilton, the news will still cover it and the entire community might support you.

Just so we understand each other, I did not vote for Trump.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No right is God given, they all have been taken.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Sounds like you got some sort of homoerotic fantasy involving me, thanks but no thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I think Pence reacted with a lot of class in this case. Hopefully some of his classiness will rub off on his superior.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

To you.

Lots of people who believed it is a God given right died defending your right to say that it isn't.

Freedom of speech is not God given.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You assume I'm male?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join