It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How do you know? There are no signs that he is going to do that. He SAID he would, but he hasn't made any attempts to change that and is still referring to his ownership in the present tense.

Well there's not much time to find out. You'll have plenty to bitch about after the fact, but for now it's presumptuous to say he will not own up to his word.

I'm leaning towards supporting the guy, but am pretty cautious all the same. He'll have to win tens of millions of Americans through his first year in office. I know even all but his most hardcore supporters are wondering deep down how this all works out on some of the particulars. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

How about I "bitch" about it now before it becomes too big of a problem to fix? You know if you wait until its a problem, many times it's already too late and nothing can be done or the means to fix it are much harder than if you had tackled it earlier.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

not really sure what can be done now....
it's not really illegal for him to have ties like these and be in the position of president by what I understand...
it's just standard policy for the people running to break those ties before they enter office for appearance sake.
the best we can hope for is investigation after investigation, after investigation as to weather or not he is using the office to further in business interests....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You are aware he has said he doesn't plan on putting his holdings into a blind trust like he initially promised? Though admittedly it's not clear he even understood what a blind trust was at the time.
Even pre-inaugriation his businesses are hard at work levering his President Elect status to increase profits and get favorable terms in deals.

He could do a blind trust. He could put his wealth into T Bills. He could appoint an independent board to run his business with a communications shield.

His conflicts of interest are a significant issue of national import. His business dealings are not of national import. This should be a no brained. He values his own profit potential over the national interest.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

How about I "bitch" about it now before it becomes too big of a problem to fix? You know if you wait until its a problem, many times it's already too late and nothing can be done or the means to fix it are much harder than if you had tackled it earlier.

How about you wait until it's even a problem? Unless you actually think you're in a position to bitch about this and make something happen. Are you that delusional?

edit on 22-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

not really sure what can be done now....
it's not really illegal for him to have ties like these and be in the position of president by what I understand...
it's just standard policy for the people running to break those ties before they enter office for appearance sake.
the best we can hope for is investigation after investigation, after investigation as to weather or not he is using the office to further in business interests....

Yeah. I see what you are saying. I'm still going to take note of this and keep an eye on how it is developing. That is for sure. This should have been taken care of while he was still running, to be honest.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I just explained to you why. I'm not going to repeat myself.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ah, so you are this delusional. Good to know.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I won't dismiss it at all. If he does something that shows a conflict of interests when he becomes POTUS then I will be right here calling for the issue to be resolved.

At this point there is no conflict.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal

Ah, so you are this delusional. Good to know.

Delusional? Are the ad homs necessary? Oh well. I guess I don't need to talk to you anyways.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Like I said before....at this point there is no conflict. He is not POTUS. Once he is and if this is still the case then there will be an issue and I will be happy to take the side of the OP on it and call Trump out.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

After reading the OP, and the first two comments....

I cannot believe the belly-aching I am hearing. For christ's sake....we all f***ing knew this about him.

The only folks who remotely have a claim to be able to cry is those who did not vote for him.

Grow up, kids. It's dinner time. Mom is calling you inside.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I won't dismiss it at all. If he does something that shows a conflict of interests when he becomes POTUS then I will be right here calling for the issue to be resolved.

conflicts of interest like this or this?
edit on 22-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NuncaPiensas

After reading the OP, and the first two comments....

I cannot believe the belly-aching I am hearing. For christ's sake....we all f***ing knew this about him.

The only folks who remotely have a claim to be able to cry is those who did not vote for him.

Which I didn't...

Grow up, kids. It's dinner time. Mom is calling you inside.

Wow. Very original. Don't hurt your brain thinking up tired cliches or anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

conflicts of interest like this or this?

They aren't conflicts, he isn't POTUS. Even in the second article it says the diplomats themselves are the ones saying it is good for them to be seen there. It isn't Trump doing that...it is the diplomats themselves hoping to get an advantage by staying at his hotels and spending gobs of money.

And as for the first article...again...he isn't in government at all so his dealings have nothing to do with it.

I am fairly certain a person with his business background will make sure his holdings are all in order so as to NOT generate a conflict of interests in any way once inaugurated. I am also certain he knows this will be a heavily debated topic by the press and as such will make sure to have all the T's crossed and i's dotted.

Inflammatory remakes are what he's known for. Like any good business man he watches the reaction and the flow of information to see who or what is saying what about it. It is an easy way to ascertain who is trying to undermine you and who you can trust. Funny thing is that everyone is falling for it. I have seen this done and done it myself in plenty of business operations. You have to watch for the backstabbers...and what better way to do it than to get them outed before they can actually stab you.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It's the huffington post. Do you honestly take that site seriously? Let me be more specific. Do you honestly take the article seriously?

I see you're using some of the exact same phrases from that piece of propaganda in this thread. That would make you an agent of propaganda.

Here is what Donald Tweeted:

Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!

He has spoken in present tense to the fact that he has interests in properties all over the world. Would you rather him lie?

He has also stated that his businesses will be handed over to his children in a blind trust.

The only argument you have is that you don't believe him. For this you are willing to misconstrue his words, and spread propaganda.

I wonder if you will feel any shame for this, or publicly apologize after this blind-trust is created, and the reigns are handed over.

Something tells me you will find more propaganda to push.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So what you are saying is that it is ok to bend the rules because it isn't TECHNICALLY illegal yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm. His brother Billy famously created "Billy Beer". The GOP went bonkers over the "conflict". President Obama actually put all his money in treasury bills. Trump initially said he would put everything in a blind trust...he changed his mind. He is already levering his President Elect status to book up his hotels with foreign diplomats and even launched a sales blitz aimed directly at foreign nationals visiting the US.
Drain the swamp?...he is now the chief crockadile.

Actually, Trump never said he would put his money in a blind trust. He used the term, but then said he would give his holdings to his kids. By definition, that is not a blind trust.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NuncaPiensas

I didn't vote for him, one of the deciding factors was the fact that he wasn't going to set up a blind trust for his holdings.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Indigo5

Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm. His brother Billy famously created "Billy Beer". The GOP went bonkers over the "conflict". President Obama actually put all his money in treasury bills. Trump initially said he would put everything in a blind trust...he changed his mind. He is already levering his President Elect status to book up his hotels with foreign diplomats and even launched a sales blitz aimed directly at foreign nationals visiting the US.
Drain the swamp?...he is now the chief crockadile.

Actually, Trump never said he would put his money in a blind trust. He used the term, but then said he would give his holdings to his kids. By definition, that is not a blind trust.

And then he put his kids in charge of his Presidential transition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join