It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What are you talking about? You made a point and I'm refuting it because it was illogical. If you decide to make a more logical approach to the OP, I'll address that. That's how you discuss a topic. Your red herring here though is irrelevant and I don't care about that.

Yea, I made a point that Trump isn't in jail. I also made a point that the whole time I have supported him, I've known about his international business. I'm just wondering what there is to refute and because I hold a different opinion than you, why that makes my point illogical.

Don't be coy. You said this:

If he's so corrupt why isn't he in jail?

I addressed that question and showed how ridiculous it was. Now you are pretending like you never said it.

It's not ridiculous at all. Why isn't he in jail if he is so corrupt as you say?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yo America, Donald Trump is not inaugurated right?.. So that means he is not yet president.

He has to give up his business holdings to his family ONCE HE TAKES OFFICE.

He's building his team now, once he becomes president of the united states then he'll be your servant, then he'll have to give away his businesses to his family, but until then, until that fateful day...

He is not your president.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What are you talking about? You made a point and I'm refuting it because it was illogical. If you decide to make a more logical approach to the OP, I'll address that. That's how you discuss a topic. Your red herring here though is irrelevant and I don't care about that.

Yea, I made a point that Trump isn't in jail. I also made a point that the whole time I have supported him, I've known about his international business. I'm just wondering what there is to refute and because I hold a different opinion than you, why that makes my point illogical.

I addressed that question and showed how ridiculous it was. Now you are pretending like you never said it.

It's not ridiculous at all. Why isn't he in jail if he is so corrupt as you say?

Because people like you are asking stupid questions about him not being in jail instead of holding his feet to the fire (as well as ignoring your blatant hypocrisy when you called out Hillary Clinton for the same) and actually investigating him. People don't just magically end up in jail when they are corrupt. An investigation has to be undertaken, evidence collected, and a case brought forth. These things take time effort and dedication.

Being in jail is a result of being called out and sentenced for corruption. It isn't evidence of corruption... Yet you keep trying to pretend it works that way.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Well Trump's OWN words here don't give a lot of hope that these things will be done.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well, when he mandates that every american has to spend at least seven days a year on one of his golf courses and providing subsidies for the poor for that nice vacation.... I don't want any trumpeters complaining about it....

the guy never said he would put his businesses into a blind trust, what he said was that he'd give his children control of them and they would have nothing to do with the gov't.....
which, it kind of appears that they might get both, control of the companies, and parts in his gov't.
but, he's right, we all knew what he was about before election day and well, around half voted for him anyways...
well, america will be getting what it deserves....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Because people like you are asking stupid questions about him not being in jail instead of holding his feet to the fire (as well as ignoring your blatant hypocrisy when you called out Hillary Clinton for the same) and actually investigating him. People don't just magically end up in jail when they are corrupt. An investigation has to be undertaken, evidence collected, and a case brought forth. These things take time effort and dedication.

Being in jail is a result of being called out and sentenced for corruption. It isn't evidence of corruption... Yet you keep trying to pretend it works that way.

So you don't like it that I support Trump and won't hold him accountable for Pay-to-Play schemes he hasn't had a chance to indulge in...got it. Any other things I should just start assuming about Trump with no proof of?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do you know? There are no signs that he is going to do that. He SAID he would, but he hasn't made any attempts to change that and is still referring to his ownership in the present tense.

hell it's only been two weeks.

how do you know there isn't. you don't know whats taking place at the offices of trumps businesses. when i bought my former boss out it took a month for the lawyers to draw up the papers.
and that was a very small business.

i can't imagine the how much time it would take to gather all the necessary paper work and complete the transfer papers of all the businesses of trump holdings.

and don't say he should have already started the process. he might not have been sure he would win. why spend money doing something that might not be needed.

edit on 22-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Using your same logic, why isn't Hillary in jail? She is never going to go away til that has been answered.

First off, Trump isn't even the President yet. Second, nothing Trump has done so far has affected the American people. Hillary on the other hand has allowed her special interests to affect all American people and destroyed nations abroad. There really is no comparison.

Hey Hillary lost. Time to move on. No ranting about HRC excuses what Trump does.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'm not asking you to assume anything. I'm reporting Trump's words here and why they are worrying as part of a Trump Presidency. If you don't find that concerning then that is on you.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't know anything, but when he says “Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!”, that doesn't leave a lot of hope that he is working to eliminate those conflicts of interest does it? In fact it looks like he is blaming the media for even making a deal out of it. Like it wouldn't even be illegal if they just didn't report it or something.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
I'll say two things and then leave this thread because people like you don't care about conflicting opinions anyways...

First...his role in his businesses can (and will) change before inauguration. This is a pointless..er...point.

Second...Nobody really cares. Nobody trusts the media. Nobody trusts politicians. That's why he won.

His new D.C. Hotel already did a marketing blitz to foreign diplomats. Of course they will stay at his hotel when visiting DC. It Ingratiates them to the President and literally puts money in his pocket.

He also owes several hundred million dollars to a Chinese Gov run bank. Ditto with Deutsche Bank..which is currently being prosecuted by the US gov...at least until Inauguration Day. The list is long...he is the most corrupt man to ever hold office and his term hasnt even officially started.

The GOP in congress will have to ask themselves how much they will let him get away with before it risks them getting dragged down with him. I think we are 2.5 years out from a GOP led impeachment.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

a reply to: redhorse

I know right? This isn't acceptable. If Hillary had said something like this people would be screaming for her head on a pike.

she did, and we did. See also "Clinton Foundation".

But I agree, let's hang Trump up by the tallest tree just in case this isn't resolved by mid January.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: redhorse

I know right? This isn't acceptable. If Hillary had said something like this people would be screaming for her head on a pike.

she did, and we did. See also "Clinton Foundation".

But I agree, let's hang Trump up by the tallest tree just in case this isn't resolved by mid January.

Wow you are the last person I would have thought would agree with me in this thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't know anything, but when he says “Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!”, that doesn't leave a lot of hope that he is working to eliminate those conflicts of interest does it? In fact it looks like he is blaming the media for even making a deal out of it. Like it wouldn't even be illegal if they just didn't report it or something.

well the fact of the matter it does look as if the media is, along with everyone else whining in the country. they knew or should have known or at least have a good idea of how big and extensive his holdings are.

they also should have realized that there was no good reason to step away from that before winning, and pay for anything that may have to do with it. plus to think that it could happen in less than two weeks is just plain silly.

like i said it's only been two weeks, and no one has any idea except the people in management at trumps businesses, what is going on.

edit on 22-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm. His brother Billy famously created "Billy Beer". The GOP went bonkers over the "conflict". President Obama actually put all his money in treasury bills. Trump initially said he would put everything in a blind trust...he changed his mind. He is already levering his President Elect status to book up his hotels with foreign diplomats and even launched a sales blitz aimed directly at foreign nationals visiting the US.
Drain the swamp?...he is now the chief crockadile.

link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hey. Maybe you are right and Trump will follow through for once, but actions like him not releasing his tax returns or his words in the OP give me HUGE doubts. Though you are making it clear to me that you will forgive him if he doesn't do this.

link   

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

Thirteen days after winning the presidential election, Donald Trump announced on Twitter that no one should worry about the potential conflicts of interest he could face over his range of global properties because everyone knew about them when they elected him. He blamed any questions of impropriety on the media for reporting on them.

The evening tweet from the president-elect reads: “Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!”

The hell? It's the media's fault Trump has conflicts of interest while in the White House? Um no. It's his fault. He owns the businesses. The media pointing that out doesn't make them at fault. That is the media doing its job. You know making sure there is transparency between our government and the public?

The declaration that he currently has global properties comes after promising that he would separate himself from his Trump Organization and hand the company off to his adult children Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric Trump in a so-called blind trust. He has so far done no such thing. In fact, his tweet is a statement in the present tense ― “I have interests in properties all over the world” ― that affirms his current ownership and management of his business empire.

The children continue to take part in their father’s presidential transition despite their supposed work leading the Trump Organization. Ivanka Trump even appeared at a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and reportedly was handed the phone to speak to Argentinian President Mauricio Macri when he called to congratulate her father. Trump is working to build an office tower in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

This is BS. Even his children are demonstrating a conflict of interest. Trump hasn't even signed over his businesses in a blind trust to his kids, but even if he did it would still be a conflict of interest since those kids are involved in Trump's administration.

“President-elect Trump seems to think that he will be able to enrich himself as president and blame the press when he is caught,” said John Wonderlich, executive director of the pro-transparency group The Sunlight Foundation. “He’s going to learn soon that campaigning is very different from leading a country built on integrity and the rule of law.”

Trump is responding to the parade of stories detailing his immense portfolio of potential conflicts of interest. He met with his Indian business partners one week after winning the presidency. He continues to hold a government lease for his Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., even though the lease declares that it cannot be held by a government official. Last week, the hotel held an event to pitch its luxury rooms to foreign diplomats as a way to ingratiate their countries with the president-elect. And there have been reports about Ivanka Trump’s appearance at the meeting with Abe and her talk with Macri.

Trump is demonstrating Government corruption (blatantly I might add) and he isn't even the President yet! He's basically saying here that a vote for Trump back on November 8th was a sanctioning of his corruption.

Failing to see a conflict of interest at this point....he isn't in any government position and isn't POTUS yet.

He has been shown to make remarks to fire people up already. I don't doubt he will turn over his holdings as required. There is a LOT more to be made as POTUS dealing in bills and policies as has been shown by every POTUS prior. Remember the Clinton's being broke thing, yet having multiple houses and large sums given for speaking engagements?

Anywho...until he is shown to continue to have these holdings AFTER his inauguration, this thread is just a supposition and opinion with no factual basis that there is any conflict of interest, as there can't be at this point.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm. His brother Billy famously created "Billy Beer". The GOP went bonkers over the "conflict". President Obama actually put all his money in treasury bills. Trump initially said he would put everything in a blind trust...he changed his mind. He is already levering his President Elect status to book up his hotels with foreign diplomats and even launched a sales blitz aimed directly at foreign nationals visiting the US.
Drain the swamp?...he is now the chief crockadile.

Yeah. I'm not holding my breath that he won't use his government status as a means of profit. All his actions so far point towards him walking down the corruption path, not away from it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I, however, am not in the least surprised. He is one of the few fair-minded ATS regulars left.

edit on 22/11/16 by Astyanax because: of obscurity.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I just know you'll dismiss this offhand without reading it because it is WaPo, but I'll try anyways.
Donald Trump’s questionable ‘blind trust’ setup just got more questionable

A day after Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, announced that Trump's three oldest children -- Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric -- would control what he labeled a "blind trust" for the president-elect, the Trump campaign announced Friday afternoon that all three would also serve on Trump's presidential transition team executive committee.

In that role, the trio will have input when it comes to the people Trump picks for key administration posts.

Watchdogs who were critical of Trump's "blind trust" in the first place say this proves that the lines between President Trump and his money will be too fuzzy under this setup.

"The fact that they have been included as part of the transition team just shows how inappropriate their role in bridging the gap between him as a businessman and politician is," said Meredith McGehee, a strategic adviser at the Campaign Legal Center. "It’s a clear demonstration that there is no firewall between the two."

McGehee and others have also cast doubt on the idea that the so-called "blind trust" is actually blind at all. She calls it a "one-eye-closed-and-one-eye-open trust."

In addition to blurring the line between Trump's presidency and his money, skeptics note that his children will now also have control over the people who will be put in charge of regulatory decisions that could affect his multi-billion-dollar fortune.

The bolded part is concerning presently because it will determine his Presidency's future.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join