It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's mistake was he tried to be President of World and not President of the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Obama's mistake was he tried to be President of World and not President of the United States. He always lectured us rather than build us up. He told the world how bad we are and how we are going to be better rather than working on making us better. Ultimately it was to me like having an enemy as my President and I voted for him twice. I hate the man today.

God help President Trump to love America and Americans and work for us and not the world. The world is full of good and evil people. Obama's vision is not possible and never will be under freedom.

His condescending tone pissed off the other world leaders that refused his notion of being President of the World. What an ass.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Well you know the pressure is on for all leaders to have more of an international tone. lol

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I did read somewhere that Obama is privately lobbying international figures to take over as U.N. Secretary General.

This can't happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
He told the world how bad we are and how we are going to be better rather than working on making us better.

He did?

When?

Unlike you, I'm in the world (as the world is not America) and I didn't get that message.

What I did see was man trying his best to help the USA internally, and be more measured on the international stage after the cowboy show that was Bush, and having some fairly noble intentions pissed all over by people just because they could.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
you don't think trump's "tone" might piss a few people off? LOL.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I.M.O. Obama was and is an idiot.

He thought he was something he wasn't.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Having the largest seat in the world is a huge task for any leader, then to establish friendships in other countries like the UK or EU/Many other is a boundary if it's own, it's not all about making friends but that's part of the deal, just as much as making America great again, it's a task on its own and if it's going to be (great again) then everyone needs to pitch in...Play the field.. Or in presidential way play the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
I only see naivety in your response. How old are you, Super Moderator?
In America you can see how people self segregate. We do not hate each other yet we choose to live in our own cultures. It is more apparent when you look at the world. We are a self segregating species.

Even in small towns, blacks, whites, purples live in separate neighborhoods. It is comfortable. We are not all the same.

Maybe...in 3000-10000 years we can reach the goal of globalism after we change our genetic code.

Obama was always lecturing us. Just go google Obama speech and listen.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie I hope so and I hope some wake up.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

He told the world how bad we are and how we are going to be better rather than working on making us better.

He did?

When?

Unlike you, I'm in the world (as the world is not America) and I didn't get that message.

What I did see was man trying his best to help the USA internally, and be more measured on the international stage after the cowboy show that was Bush, and having some fairly noble intentions pissed all over by people just because they could.

You must have missed his apology tour early in his first term. It spanned several weeks.

Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower June 2, 2009
By Nile Gardiner, Ph.D. and Morgan Lorraine Roach Douglas and Sarah Allison Center for Foreign and National Security Policy

A common theme that runs through President Obama's statements is the idea the United States must atone for its past policies, whether it is America's application of the war against Islamist terrorism or its overall foreign policy. At the core of this message is the concept that the U.S. is a flawed nation that must seek redemption by apologizing for its past "sins."

On several occasions, President Obama has sought to apologize for the actions of his own country when addressing a foreign audience--including seven of the 10 apologies listed below. The President has already apologized for his country to nearly 3 billion people across Europe, the Muslim world, and the Americas.

The Obama Administration's strategy of unconditional engagement with America's enemies combined with a relentless penchant for apology-making is a dangerous recipe for failure. The overall effect of this approach has been to weaken American power on the world stage rather than strengthen it.

President Obama's personal approval ratings across much of the world may be sky high, but that has not translated into greater support for U.S.-led initiatives, such as the NATO mission in Afghanistan, which is heavily dependent on American and British troops. The U.S. is increasingly viewed as a soft touch internationally, which has encouraged rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran to accelerate their nuclear and missile programs.

As President Obama embarks this week on his second major overseas tour, which will take him to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany, and France, the world does not need yet another apology from the President. Rather, it is looking for strong and principled leadership from the most powerful nation on the face of the earth. American leadership is not a popularity contest, nor should it be an exercise in self-loathing. Rather, it is about taking tough positions that will be met with hostility in many parts of the globe. Above all, it demands the assertive projection of American power, both to secure the homeland and to protect America's allies.

www.heritage.org...

The world is not ready for a one world leader. In fact, many are trying to fight it. However, most of those against the idea aren't the ones in power so it may be a long conflict. And the object of being a world president doesn't include bashing any one country (especially the one you were elected to lead) and ignoring the needs in your own back yard.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Obama's mistake was....

Hubris...
And stupidity....
And laziness...
And racism...
And narcisism...
And elitism...
And leftism...
And Islamism...
And black nationalism...
And cronyism...

I could go on but y'all get the picture..

-Chris
edit on 21-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29 You could build a 10000 foot wall around USA and we would be fine. No one in no one out. US is a bread Basket and we do not need the world to have a great life for all.

It is the truth and the government has fleeced us to pay their donors.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

No, I didn't miss that, anymore than I missed W's screw the world up tour that started in Afghanistan and rolled into Iraq, straining major international alliances and turning the sympathy and world unity the US was shown after 9/11 into a complete shambles.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Obama was just before his time as Jimmy Carter was. My only hope is that he makes use of his ideas effectively as Jimmy Carter did. No Ill will to either...the WORLD and HuMANITY are not ready for their dreams at this time. Their high but blinded ideas ended up causing more distress than needed. Simply dreamers out of time.

I am positive that one day history will look back and acknowledge their idea isms positively, but unfortunately, we all will have passed on. Experts will agree that it was just not humanities time to evolve. We all, every human being on this planet, have to evolve consciously before understanding and trusting any one world order. Truly, are only hope is some outside alien influence forces us to recognize that we are only human and it is a us vs them!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Im just surprised you could narrow it down to one mistake! His arroganxe predicates all of his varied errors

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Obama was just before his time as Jimmy Carter was. My only hope is that he makes use of his ideas effectively as Jimmy Carter did. No Ill will to either...the WORLD and HuMANITY are not ready for their dreams at this time. Their high but blinded ideas ended up causing more distress than needed. Simply dreamers out of time.

I am positive that one day history will look back and acknowledge their idea isms positively, but unfortunately, we all will have passed on. Experts will agree that it was just not humanities time to evolve. We all, every human being on this planet, have to evolve consciously before understanding and trusting any one world order. Truly, are only hope is some outside alien influence forces us to recognize that we are only human and it is a us vs them!

Indeed. Maybe 1000s of years before their time but it is what it is. The USA is/was closer than say...Arab cultures. Yes their are great Arabs that have great open minds but the cultures over their are not ready for what some of America and other free, educated societies are ready for. FAR from it.

Like trying to sell water to fish right now. Obama out of his mind. Should have been an American President, dare I as a white guy say, an American Black President. He was not. He could have at least tried to help black US citizens. He did not.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: DarkvsLight29 You could build a 10000 foot wall around USA and we would be fine. No one in no one out. US is a bread Basket and we do not need the world to have a great life for all.

It is the truth and the government has fleeced us to pay their donors.

You could build a 3000 foot wall, it wouldn't make it much harder for people to leave or gain entry, they always will somehow, It's not just the US, the world needs the world to survive, (mercenary parts, water, food, etc) list goes on, US is huge compared to many other countries and has much to offer,, but didn't you know being president is a trade deal?

All leaders are trade for compromising with other countries for all manner of items, to make America great again, is compromising with its people and with the world as allies.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Obama was the president of the US not the president of the world, he will go into history with no legacies and with one of the worst administration of our time, to make things worst he had the power for 8 years and still didn't do anything for our nation.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Obama's biggest mistake was he tried to be President.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Remember when Obama was elected? He was everyone's messiah! Lol, he accomplished least of all, he was a joke then as he is now. No wonder trump was elected. He pissed away 8 years, Obamacare lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join