It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where specifically would Bigfoot live?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You made me think... what about these same Bigfoot Sasquatch, Yeti etc. in snowy cold environments, where there is snow or ice cover year round..... you know keeping the remains intact for the most part.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DelmarRozan

But do you have any ideas beyond that where Bigfoot could live, sleep, and settle?

I had one encounter when I was in Malakoff Diggins, California. It was my brother and I, and no one else around. No other hikers. It had been like that for days. During one of those days we found a single foot print (ridiculously huge of course) right next to our camp by the river. We got the impression then that our campfire made it relocate to the other side of the river. Why did we only see the one print? I'm not sure, but there was no doubt in our minds that it wasn't authentic. Did it jump down from a tree above our campfire?

Lost Coast, California gets lots of big foot reports. Perhaps they stay near the water.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Western Canada and some of the Rockies. We can assume a hypothetical BF is smart enough to avoid people.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The BFRO report you link to is inaccurate, as are almost all the reports on that site. The report states that only credible sightings should be taken into consideration, while all others need to be questioned. Scientifically and statistically, every single sighting should be questioned until all reasonable doubt has been removed, no matter who or how credible the witness is said to be. Unless, of course, someone has some magical way to separate the allegedly true from the false.

The report stated that the minimum population could be as low as 300 individuals, but offers absolutely no information upon which that number may be based. They could be talking about hamsters in a pet store. We must base numbers on the populations of the two closest animals that meet Bigfoot's description: Gorillas and humans. Taking into account the thousands of alleged sightings, which are tripled, according to many "unreported sightings" statistics, add to that the many different Bigfoot species that are mentioned in this forum alone, calculate it all from the study at Biodiversity and Bioresources, Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University and their would have to be tens of thousands of breeding individuals of just one species, or millions of breeding individuals from all alleged combined species of Bigfoot.

As for where Bigfoot would live: Right here among us, of course. Because no one would ever make up anything about Bigfoot:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your reply is half correct and half wrong, and oversimplifies the process a bit. Can a dead dear, bear or Bigfoot deteriorate to just bones in just a few days? Maybe under the right conditions. More likely a couple weeks as scavengers, bugs, and the weather do their jobs. Now, regardless of the length of time it takes, the bones remain for years. That doesn't mean there is a nice Bigfoot skeleton laying out on a game trail somewhere, as those bones would be likely scattered as scavengers carried them off.

There are animal bones everywhere in a large forest, but most are in brush, covered by leaves and debris, etc.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
In the woods. Finding "remains" in a forest environment is rare.

Not really. When I was a kid running around the forest in Montana, I was often surprised to find deer carcasses lying around -- particularly the antlers. Now, I suppose Bigfoots might bury their dead. But a large creature with large bones should be relatively easy to find. From the smell, if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue ShiftNot rare at all to find remains,found many bones of everything from squirrels to deer and domestic animals.Around here you watch whats on the ground or sooner or later you`ll step on a copperhead or timber rattler.So you find remains and sometimes something like lost money or artifacts.Now,I hold out a very small hope bigfoot is real,but the odds are about as good as winning powerball in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

There is a body farm nearby where they study effects of wildlife predation on corpses. They found our ravens can clean and.scatter a 200 lb human over a.1/4 mile in 3 days. No marks on bones.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Rodents eat bones and antlers for calcium. Deer sheds last about 2-3 months if your lucky.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm a 3rd generation bow hunter that lived in the PNW for a few decades.
One day my cousin and I scored a nice buck but we could only pack out the hind quarters, back straps and tenderloins. We couldn't pack out the front quarters and stashed them to get later. It took about 2 hours to get home and return to the scene and when we got there the carcass was completely torn to shreds with the largest pieces left being about an inch path of fur. No bones just patches of fur scattered about like the deer was put into a wood chipper.
Coyotes is our best guess. 2 hours of us being gone and that deer was shredded.
In those two or so decades I never seen bear remains, never seen cougar remains, never seen elk remains.
Elk.
I've tracked bands of elk all over Oregon at times I could hear them, smell them and feel the earth shake as they moved about but never could see them. A buddy and I had 10-16 elk funneled into an area not 25 yards wide and couldn't get eyes on them. I've had elk run up the side of a hill not 20 yards from me and didn't hear it make a sound.
Anyone that has beat the bush knows an animal can be feet away from you and you could miss them. You can take a two mile square area miles from a road and anything could be living there.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"Where specifically would Bigfoot live?"

Toe hill, just off the old Ankle road, next to Sole Street, he's there every Tuesday next.

On a more serious note through i imagine in some kind of alpine forest environment just above the snow line would be a good place to look.
edit on 21-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just off the top of my head.......

I have actually spent the night in what I would assume is prime Bigfoot territory. It was the area on the far side of a place called Tustemena lake, on the Kenai peninsula in Alaska.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

One of my good buddies and I were tagging along with a co worker who had a boat. The plan was to go to the other side, find a good spot to set up camp, and go hiking up into the mountains, and possibly get a black bear. I was in it for the adventure, I had no desire to kill anything.

We made it to the other side and set up camp on this tiny little sliver of the bank, backed up against some of the thickest woods I have ever seen in this state.

So the next plan was to start hiking, the lake is surrounded by small mountains so it was all uphill. Since there was no trail we were bushwhacking. This was one of, if not the most arduous hike I have ever been on, and I have been on quite a few all over this world. Every few feet were a struggle there was no just walking.

As soon as we broke the tree line I noticed a new fresh pile of bear scat every other minute. We must have been absolutely surrounded by black bear.

Eventually we made our way pretty high up the mountain and finally decided we should head back. Fortunately we never saw a bear.

We knew the lake was down, but other then that we were lost. My friend and I were both thinking this is exactly how people just disappear In Alaska. It is an unforgivable wilderness and we were in a precarious situation.

On the way down we came across this huge depression in the ground, kind of like a big pit with a clearing at the bottom. All the grass and shrubbery was flattened. It looked to be some sort of den or hang out area for big brown bear or a bigfoot.

We checked that out and kept moving, this is when the scary thing happened. We were making our way through the thick brush, up and under logs and stumps, through thick patches of thorny "devils club", when all of the sudden we all heard this tremendous thudding sound off to our left. It was a if something huge and extremely powerful was pounding the ground.

We exclaimed to one another "what the f-(k was that?!?" And started moving faster down that mountain we thought possible. Thank God we found our way back to camp, we spent the rest of the day hanging by a campfire, drinking homemade wine and moonshine, playing ukulele, and cooking food. After such a rough journey this was one of the best times ever.

All three of us are fairly open minded and believe bigfoot could very well live in the Alaskan wilderness. So we all drew the same conclusion that whatever made that noise may have been a big foot, a very big brown bear, or something unknown, that was giving us a warning.

If do live out there they must live just like bears do. I think they must have the same diet and sleep in the same type of areas.

I imagine if they exist there are many different types of them.

For example the northern Alaska big foot that we may have encountered are very wild, they rarely see people as they stay in the vast wilderness living off the land.

Down south big foot maybe come across people more often and some of them have discovered easier meals by posting up on the outskirts of civilization.
edit on 21-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Where could they possibly live where no remains would ever have been found?

Same place bears, cougars, moose, etc live. Lack of physical proof(body) doesn't equal non-existence, that would never hold up in a court room (or anywhere else on ATS), so why here? The flip side to that argument could be used then, there are numerous eyewitnesses, footprints, etc, but that doesn't mean it exists either.

I believe it could exist, I would like to see one with my own eyes though. Until then, it is a very entertaining idea(and one I love to read about).

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
We can assume a hypothetical BF is smart enough to avoid people.

I'm not sure we can assume that.

After all, there are supposedly fairly few of them, yet they get spotted by people all the time. Logically, then, we have a creature who gets regularly spotted but it never crosses that line of getting shot or hit by a car or otherwise killed that would give us body to study.

So it must be extra clever to never get to that point. Or maybe people are just misidentifying something.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
We can assume a hypothetical BF is smart enough to avoid people.

I'm not sure we can assume that.

After all, there are supposedly fairly few of them, yet they get spotted by people all the time. Logically, then, we have a creature who gets regularly spotted but it never crosses that line of getting shot or hit by a car or otherwise killed that would give us body to study.

So it must be extra clever to never get to that point. Or maybe people are just misidentifying something.

There have been reports of people shooting and killing them, only to see another in close proximity so (if they exist) I don't think we can rule out that they are smart enough to not leave one behind. Also, so many are allegedly spotted that there have to be more of them then people think...unless we have some really fast, really stupid ones!

Either way, I want to see one before I'll be a firm believer. As of now, I only believe that there is more than enough room for them. People that say otherwise have never truly been out in the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

An ex co-worker of mine said he sometimes hears them knocking on trees around his place. He lives in Willow! He says there is knock (or series) on one side of his cabin and then a response from the other but far away.

The accounts of bigfoot climbing up areas that take humans a real effort to get through always make smile and say, "Yeah, they exist". They move through the dense undergrowth like there is a trail there.

As warning signs, the ones in the Southeast, invert trees so the root system is sticking up in the air. And these are not Charlie Brown chistmas trees either. The root system is ten- fifteen feet up in the air! I wonder if other ones do the same thing?

That is one powerful creature and I would not like to meet one face to face!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I have been to this park in Juneau where the owner actually set up a whole bunch of trees upside down with the roots in the air. I vaguely remember the story was the family that owned this place actually stumbled across one of these up ended trees out in the woods and that's what gave them the idea.

Southeast Alaska is such a beautiful mystical place! There must be some big foot creatures out there.

It seems like almost everyone who lives in Alaska has heard or witnessed something mysterious and frightening out in the woods.

I will never forget that pounding noise we heard out on T lake. It was just like four or five rapid thuds. It sounded like whatever made the noises was angry.

When I think about how thick those woods were I am amazed the noise was so loud. It was so loud I have a hard time believing it may have been a grizzly. I am not sure if grizzly bears pound on the ground like that?

I don't know what it was, but something big was out there. I am glad we didn't run into it.

The guy who owned the boat actually claimed to have seen strange footprints in the same area years before.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Crazy! I would not advertise with, "Big foot Welcome" signs! LOL

So let's see, back to OP, I would say that probably during the summer they would most likely follow game as they migrate around, so sleeping in a protected nest like GoShred found makes sense. Near to a water source (people have seen them swimming to islands in SE AK), fish, moose (meese?), other predators around doing the same. Winter time? IDK. Seems like a long walk from AK to FL just to get out of the cold. So, like bears do, probably a cave of some sort would be a better place with less travel.

But hey, we have a rather large homeless population here in Anchorage that sleep out in tents all winter long. So I could be off my assumption (getting out of the elements).

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Where could they possibly live where no remains would ever have been found?

Do you have any idea how many places are out there where no man has ever set foot?
broaden your horizons man!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Call me strange but I am among a small group that believes the big guy in a extra dimensional deal if it is real at all. And that not just because they cant find a den.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join