It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Mattis Eyed As Trump's Possible Pick for Defense Secretary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Fox News Story

I really don't have much to say about this. Trump could do a Lot worse than Mattis. Putting a guy like Mattis into a position that is predominantly a political/figurehead position speaks to getting the job done ... not pussyfooting around.

It would not surprise me to see a very quick reversal of the lenient LGBTQ policies and these new Women in Combat policies. This is the guy I'd expect to do that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

General Mattis would be a superior pick as the Secretary of Defense. This man, this soldier, the decorated 4 Star Marine Corps General is brilliant, tough, and has the respect of the men and women that serve our great nation.

In one sense, he comes across as a modern day General Patton, whom you've heard Mr. Trump mention as one of his hero's.

America will be well served if he infact is named Secretary of Defense. Could come as quickly as some time tomorrow on Sunday.

I support it.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f#ck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

All quotes from James Mattis.

oo-rah.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It would not surprise me to see a very quick reversal of the lenient LGBTQ policies and these new Women in Combat policies. This is the guy I'd expect to do that.

Well, that may or may not be a good thing. I am all for giving everyone the chance to qualify, but not by lowering standards. I don't care if you're gay, straight or a midget with a strap on, if you can pass the tests, you should be allowed in. BUT, I do not want them to lower ANY standard, no matter what, just so someone can qualify. We need a bad ass military and if you can't cut it, tough sh**.
edit on 19-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I fully support Gen. Mattis for SECDEF.

But, putting my foil hat on. If you needed the armed forces to do something they otherwise might be hesitant to do...Gen. Mattis is the one leader who could get them to do it... Whatever "it" might be...
edit on 19-11-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

BUT, I do not want them to lower ANY standard, no matter what, just so someone can make it in.

I heard all that crap about not lowering standards. The first thing 'they' did was try to lower standards. All I've got to point to is the three Ranger grads. Please don't get me going.

I am of the opinion that there should be just one standard. You pass that standard ... immediately ... or you're gone.

Too much slack. Too many excuses. Too many bathrooms ... and never the right one when you need to go. LOL

edit on 19112016 by Snarl because: Snips

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let me go to a hero only equaled by George Washington in my eyes...
-----------------------
Douglas MacArthur
-----------------------
Part of the American dream is to live long and [part to] die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle: the roar of the crowd on the one side, and the voice of your conscience on the other.

There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity.

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.

-Christosterone

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yes. kill kill kill.

we need a guy at the helm who is fascinated with killing.

make America great again.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I will get you started. WTH are you saying?
Done
Next
"Mad Dog" Mattis.You have to earn a title of respect in the service. They are not given away...
Like "Blood and Guts" Patton

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I knew about one of those James Mattis quotes. But if he said all that, I LOVE THE GUY! He must be a modern day George Patton. AWESOME!!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f#ck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

All quotes from James Mattis.

oo-rah.

Sounds like it's from a Comic book.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
yes. kill kill kill.

Gonna be an "interesting" 4 years.

Maybe 8

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

The dude's profession is killing ... I'm quite certain he's well beyond the 'fascination' stage. Apparently, he's skilled in the management of such endeavors though. That's all I really care about in terms of qualification.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Commander of US Central Command and those quotes,wow.This guy is badass.More than qualified

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think he would be a great pick, and a lot of other Veterans would love to see this guy at the helm. However, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, because Mad Dog is pretty apolitical in most regards, and really never showed political office interest or ambition.

Still, I've seen all sorts of crazy # happen in this election and this year, so you never know. He would be the best choice I've heard for the job.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DBCowboy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Mattis Code.

I like it!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I heard he killed 21 guys with an e-tool .... carrier.

I think there is a distinct possibility there may be some pride in the ranks again if this man is actually given the job.

If Trump fails as a leader and we go to war, Mattis is who we will need at the helm.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Another quote.

(I love this guy!)

“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy”

― General James N. Mattis

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I heard he killed 21 guys with an e-tool .... carrier.

I think there is a distinct possibility there may be some pride in the ranks again if this man is actually given the job.

If Trump fails as a leader and we go to war, Mattis is who we will need at the helm.

His knife-hands have a three hundred meter kill radius. He is like the Chuck Norris of the entire armed forces.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join