It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situational Awareness: Colonel Cooper's Color Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I quite often talk to my co-workers about the need for "situational awareness". I knew what I meant when talking to them... (be aware of what's going on around you. pay attention to customers)...

This sums it up perfectly:

Combat Mindset – the Cooper Color Code

I like to think that I am "yellow" 98% of the time while I am awake. I go to "orange" at least twice a day. At least...

Been "red" once in my life...

I could only find Coopers Color Codes referenced once on ATS...in this thread reply...

What's ATS's color?

edit on 18-11-2016 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2016 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Funny, being in New York I've been in red on several occasions unfortunately. 911 included, had guns pointed in my face a couple of times. New York = belly of the beast

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I go by the Mattis code......

" Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Hehehe...I'm kinda the same...kinda...

Situational Awareness has played a huge part in my life.
Though was given a slight edge, I guess, from a number of extremely traumatic events at a very young age - which essentially saw me grow up with the recognise/respond/react portions of my mind almost semi-hardwired into a constant state of hyper-awareness.

Complex PTSD may well be a burden to ones life - but it can also become a blessing...if cultivated and channeled into ways that work for you and others.

For instance I've found much success working in security-related roles, although have been working within the Health (principally mental health) sector for a number of decades now.

Kinda think the majority of situations essentially boil down to being the outcome of a flow-on of multiple occurrences...

What I mean by that is things tend not to just appear out of thin air - they grow from numerous smaller, seemingly inconsequential, actions/events until they reach their 'critical mass' tipping point...
...if you can read the smaller events, the subtle oft' unseen/unnoticed nuances ahead of time you can often see the direction of the flow and thus have a decent idea of what the potential outcome may be...so you can either circumvent it before it even gets close to tipping, or you can have some form of prior warning before it does so you're more proactive rather than reactive in your responses...

Number of roles within the Mental Health sector have been working within Crisis Teams, training Staff around managing and mitigating crisis situations, deescalating people who are in distress and generally keeping things as calm and collected as possible in order to aid people recover more smoothly and not impede the 'therapeutic relationships' that facilitate a person's healing...

edit on 19-11-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

join