It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls For Hamilton Crew to Apologize For Harassing Pence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Didn´t know that Trump and his gang are such snowflakes. Thought "only liberals, leftists and such" are little melting snowflakes, if something doesn´t work as the snowflakes wanted it. But even the ones with the biggest mouths melt like it would be summer and hot.
Mimimimi...

edit on 19 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Cut off all Federal funding for liberal arts until they apologize and accept that the Presidency, House and Senate are controlled by Republicans. It's harsh but they need to be brought back to reality instead of living in fantasy playville world.

Makes sense. The first things to go under a dictatorship are art and religion.

www.firstthings.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

Cut off all Federal funding for liberal arts until they apologize and accept that the Presidency, House and Senate are controlled by Republicans. It's harsh but they need to be brought back to reality instead of living in fantasy playville world.

Yeah!!!!! Screw that First Amendment, it's friggin antiquated anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed, freedom of speech trumps Trump's reverse play on the liberals who are still B-hurt about losing and still can't believe someone doesn't agree with there little opinions.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: windword

Calling the VP a racist and homophobe bigot when there is no proof is about as rude as it gets.

Except he didn't say anything of the sort. Here's the full text:

Vice-president elect Pence we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at Hamilton: An American Musical, we really do. We sir, we, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of ALL of us. ALL of us. Again we truly thank you for sharing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men, women of different colors, creeds, and orientations.
Link

Apologies for the link! Not many outlets are showing the full text so it took some searching.

This link has video showing a mixed cast so no apparent racism in casting.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hamilton, the president who gave the left the electoral college!!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Shut up

They don't have to shut up. They're well within their rights to speak out.

If Pence wants a.... 'safe space', I'm sure there are plenty of other places he can go.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed, freedom of speech trumps Trump's reverse play on the liberals who are still B-hurt about losing and still can't believe someone doesn't agree with there little opinions.

You say "reverse play" I say "hypocrisy".

Don't worry if y'all have your way, all dissenters will be silenced.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You missed my point, I am an ardent supporter of the freedom of speech. These fearful people on stage are at work, and they are not there to give their small unproven opinions, hence the shut up and sing statement.

I have had my ears pinned back on these threads by a number of very intelligent members that say while at work, you are being paid to do a job. Keep your opinions to yourself, this even extends to social media ( a stance I don't agree with). If you say something that could reflect poorly on your company then you can be disciplined at work (unless it is directly attacking your employer).

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

These fearful people on stage are at work, and they are not there to give their small unproven opinions, hence the shut up and sing statement.

Bob Dylan? Springsteen? Shakespeare?

Politics has always been a bedrock of theatre and music.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Their opinion is founded on politics less than 8 days old. These people were being small and childish.

Let's not compare these self important performers with the the artist you mentioned.

TextPolitics has always been a bedrock of theatre and music.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

How is Trump denying freedom of speech by practicing his freddom of speech to call them on their racist bs?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You and me are voicing our political opinions. Why shouldn't they?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are you getting paid, if so drop the key board and get back to work like a good little worker.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Mixed feelings on this....on the one hand I do think it was inappropriate to call out an incoming administration on the things that they may do but haven't done yet because they are not even in power. Doubly so because of the fact that they are using their job as a soapbox to do so. However, what they did is covered by freedom of speech so even if inappropriate it isn't something that needs an apology and was silly of the President-Elect to call for one. Tbh I was more annoyed at the people in the audience booing.....that shows a complete lack of respect which to this point imo is unwarranted.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Do a web search, freedom of speech doesn't apply while employed.

. However, what they did is covered by freedom of speech

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I do enjoy it when figures (like Trump) demand public acts of contrition. Who is he to demand an apology?

If I were the whiny actors, I wouldn't do it. I'd stand by my idiotic political display.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Do a web search, freedom of speech doesn't apply while employed.

. However, what they did is covered by freedom of speech

Give the guy a link.

Do politicians have freedom of speech when they're working? Artists? How about political pundits? Journalists?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: windword

Calling the VP a racist and homophobe bigot when there is no proof is about as rude as it gets.

I don't know they called him a homophobe but he supported "conversion therapy" so it's safe to say he doesn't respect gay people as they are, and there's elements of bigotry there.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This link deals with the workplace and freedom of speech, or lack there of.
www.hrexaminer.com...

Yes, they are self employed, and many are every wealthy so they can afford to have an opinion. If your are a 9 to 5 working stiff, shut up and sing. You have no freedom of speech, in other words you will be fired if you dare speak up, just like it is designed to be.

Do politicians have freedom of speech when they're working? Artists? How about political pundits? Journalists?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join