It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls For Hamilton Crew to Apologize For Harassing Pence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Trump seems to be taking a play right out of the left's play book, say your sorry and all is forgiven. Let's see if the liberals will eat some crow and do it.

Trump would like an apology from the cast that issued a public statement to his Vice pres. Even the audience were a real class act as some of them booed as he entered the theater.

President-elect Donald Trump is calling for an apology from the cast of the Broadway show “Hamilton,” after they issued a public statement to his running mate, Mike Pence, following a performance Friday night.

The evening started with several audience members booing Pence as he entered the theater and made his way to his seat.

The cast pointed out they were diverse and they are alarmed (scared) that Trumps admin won't "protect them".
Shut up and sing.

“We welcome you and truly thank you for joining us here,” Dixon said. “We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us. Our children, our parents all defend us and uphold our inalienable rights. But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us.”

wearechange.org...
edit on 19-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Mr. No Safe Spaces wants the theater to 'be safe'.

I love irony so I made a little wee when I read that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Let's see if the liberals will eat some crow and do it.

Why should they? What is there to apologize for?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Mr. No Safe Spaces wants the theater to 'be safe'.

I love irony so I made a little wee when I read that.

It's one of the downsides of getting older.

Oh, and being a Mason, maybe?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

As I have been told over and over here on ATS, they are at work. Shut up and do what you are paid to do, be good little boys and girls and do what you are told.

In other words shut up and sing.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Or laughing at totally ludicrous pronouncements.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think rudeness should be an executable offense. Off with their rude heads. NO safe spaces needed... just empty bloody ones.

Probably why Im not chair of my Girl Scouts anymore... rude little hellions..

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Aww, Dear Leader, it's just "dressing room banter." No need to apologise.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So it was members of the audience that booed the arrival of Pence. No harm no foul. Freedom of speech.
Then, a spokesman from the show wrote the letter to Pence welcoming him and thanking him for his presence. Still, no harm no foul.

It then goes on to express, mildly I might add, some personal concerns about the coming administration.
Harm? Hardly.
Foul? Well, possibly but I see no real upset here, or at least for Trump to make a public outcry.

If we are making an issue of people, known by some as 'snowflakes' it seems to me that Trump's upsetness should be taken with the same amount of concern.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Or laughing at totally ludicrous pronouncements.

Lol at your pronouncement.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lol at your pronouncement.

Feel free to let go, I brought extra Depends.

edit on 19-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

As I have been told over and over here on ATS, they are at work. Shut up and do what you are paid to do, be good little boys and girls and do what you are told.

In other words shut up and sing.

But, what did the the cast do that they should have to apologize? They sang, they danced, they put on their show and the actor that played Hamilton read his plea AFTER the show, AFTER the curtain call and AFTER Pence had left the auditorium.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

What is "Diverse America "?

- Hi, where are you from?
- I'm from Diverse America.
- Oh , you are from DUSA.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Let's see if the liberals will eat some crow and do it.

Why should they? What is there to apologize for?

They should apologizge for being racists for starters.

Hamilton' musical runs into trouble over 'non-white' casting notice

The producers of the hip-hop historical musical "Hamilton" have run into trouble over a recent open casting notice seeking "non-white" singers for Broadway and upcoming touring versions of the hit show.

Actors' Equity Assn. criticized the notice, which appeared on the official "Hamilton" website, saying that the race qualification is inconsistent with its policies that provide for equal opportunity throughout the theatrical industry.

The "non-white" casting calls were set to take place in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco over the next two months. The original notice read that producers were seeking "NON-WHITE [sic] men and women, ages 20s to 30s."

www.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Deflection much?

Trump called for them to apologize for being rude. What did they/he do that was rude? What happened Friday night that they should apologize.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

What is "Diverse America "?

- Hi, where are you from?
- I'm from Diverse America.
- Oh , you are from DUSA.

When used by the regressive left, "diverse/diversity is a racist dog whistle meaning anti-white.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Calling the VP a racist and homophobe bigot when there is no proof is about as rude as it gets.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Calling the VP a racist and homophobe bigot when there is no proof is about as rude as it gets.

Soon any criticism of our Leader will not be tolerated. Better use that 1st Amendment right while we still can!

The TJWs are listening, ready to stomp out any dissent.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

How, exactly, did they/he do that? What were the exact offensive words. Did he/they say the word "homophobe? Bigot?

Please prove your point.

edit on 19-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cut off all Federal funding for liberal arts until they apologize and accept that the Presidency, House and Senate are controlled by Republicans. It's harsh but they need to be brought back to reality instead of living in fantasy playville world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join