It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to Legalise Paedophilia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Okay, sorry about the headline... but the way I'm interpreting this Turkish bill is that it could very easily become commonplace that minors will coerced into marriage and it would be legal. This is simply not compatible with International Law.

A bill which would allow men accused of raping underage girls to be cleared if they marry the girl has been preliminarily backed by Turkish MPs. The government says the bill is aimed at pardoning men who did not realise they were engaging in underage sex.

If it passes it will likely quash the convictions of some 3,000 men accused of assaulting an under-18, if their act was committed without "force or threat" and if the aggressor marries the victim with the consent of their family.

www.bbc.co.uk...

We already know that Recep Erdogan has a problem with women, but this really takes it to another level. This is indeed tantamount to legalising paedophilia, at the very least it endorses it. All it takes is for a family and an outside party to agree on the marrying of a child and it can pass a court case if it even gets there. And what choice does the child have, none? Children cannot consent to sex and no legislation should ever be effected which can allow it.

This is sick. Rape is rape.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's easy to think that where you live and the laws and morals you follow are the only ones that are right, and that people who don't think the same way you do are horrible monsters.

Don't like this idea? Stay the hell out of Turkey with your kids.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you were surprised.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are you telling me that because something like this would never even be discussed in Parliament, let alone become legislation, that it is perfectly acceptable for Turkey to allow for it? Now I could understand if an 18-year-old genuinely thought his lover was 16, but was in fact 15... but if we're talking about a middle-aged man screwing around with a child and then being able to marry her because the law allows him to, then something is seriously wrong with this world. Saying "oh but their culture is different to ours" just isn't going fly. That bill is designed to open the door to letting important people get off scot-free with being a paedophile, and be able to marry a child away from their families (maybe with a bit of hush cash on the side). That sick man is in league with the Podestas.

a reply to: Lysergic

To be honest, what with all the news lately no I'm not surprised. Doesn't make it right, though.

edit on 18th November 2016 by VigiliaProcuratio because:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
paedophilia is legal..everywhere. practicing/acting on it isn't. you can dream whatever you want to dream though, same with beastiality, rape, etc etc etc..if it remains in your fantasy, then have at it.

What you are saying is legalizing sex with kids under 18. seems like there is stipulations on this.
the person didn't know they were having sex with someone under 18 (or didn't know it was wrong). that can happen (a 15 year old will gladly lie to get into places). I didn't get the impression that this is like some 50 year old raping a 5 year old..seems more like a romeo-juliette clause..but with a islamic twist on it.

paedophilia is a thing..means attraction to pre-pubescent children. This law is murky. I think I would be more comfortable if it was clear on post pubescence at least..and it may, but the link doesn't go into detail overall. If its some 20 year old had sex with a 15 year old, this seems like it could be settled more by the parents and a legal framework of responsibility.
I think the western model for consent is pretty good overall. 16 seems like a fair age. When I was 16, I fully knew what I was doing and had many years of puberty behind. I think places where its like 13 is sort of bordering on the line of inapoproprate. granted, its post pubescent, but there should be a few solid years to grasp your new biological norms at least before letting the wolves pray...still, I will only voice my concerns when it hits pre..and this seems like it doesn't really differentiate, so not good. They need to amend it

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's called islam.

The regressive left loves it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
It's easy to think that where you live and the laws and morals you follow are the only ones that are right, and that people who don't think the same way you do are horrible monsters.

All the more reason to keep this out of Western society.

Time to kick Turkey out of NATO.

No more appeasing Muslims.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Pandering to predatory behavior and enable raping is not something that creates well being for all people. Just because the west are not the moral objective perfection do not mean this should be tolerated. This moral relativism only pushes the morality to the bottom instead of picking the best ideas from each culture to raise humanity to a new level of behavior.

edit on 18-11-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

link   
Given in a lot of places in the US you can get married under 16 with a judges permission its hardly surprising that other places have rules, here in blighty it 16 but under 13 = automatic trouble and 13-15 = the judge can take your views into consideration (but doesn't have to).

link   

So as it seem you have a clue what it is about.. tell the rest of us stupids what makes Turkish incoming law which contradicts Declaration of the Rights of a Child morally right ?

I suggest rereading the declaration and if you have already read it in some point of your tiny life, if it is new to you it could be very good eduacational experience and worth of reading, understanding, even learning what rights childrens do have.

Those rights are what most of us see morally right as do the OP.

What is intresting of declaration of ( human and children ) rights, moslim countries do not agree with them and most of them have not signed them.

What makes moslim men who abuse children so valuable that they should be saved with a cost of ruining lives of the children ( marrying female child .. do abuse stop there.. most likely not ).

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Given in a lot of places in the US you can get married under 16 with a judges permission its hardly surprising that other places have rules, here in blighty it 16 but under 13 = automatic trouble and 13-15 = the judge can take your views into consideration (but doesn't have to).

Right, and thats just it. post pubescence overall is a judgment call from place to place. I think we can all agree prepubescence is a big no-no, and the issue here is (from what I see), there isn't any clarity on what ages we are discussing.

the title of this thread is sensational clickbait, but its not fully wrong in regards that it..could be a issue if no ages are discussed and its all left up to the parents (that would mean a millionaire could have his way with a dozen preschoolers of poor familys and simply "buy" them into marriage (given you can have many wives in islam)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
From the same region where a rape victim is arrested for illegal “extra-marital sex”.

British woman who says she was gang raped arrested on 'extra-marital sex' charges in Dubai as attackers go free

If there's a hell on earth, look no further than on that side of the globe.

edit on 18-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

"Islamophobia".

It isn't a phobia if they keep giving us reasons to reject their backward culture and primitive, evil philosophies.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I get your point, but half of the problem is the requirement of marriage. It is implying that a child can be coerced, potentially even forced, into marrying somebody who could be three times their age. The argument of a child being able to consent to sex is one thing, but in no civilised world can they marry and most certainly not against their will.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

You mean 'enslave'.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The argument of a child being able to consent to sex is one thing

Children cannot make informed decisions on their sexuality before they've even developed to that point. And then to stick them, by law, with their rapist...

And people wonder why I have a problem with this cult.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

And there was me thinking that thanks to our ability to speak brought us civilisation and understanding of other's suffering.
Not to let the Turks know that raping young girls who are physically and psychologically not ready for sex is universally a bad idea [just like sticking a red hot poker up your backside] you are helping to make the world a worse place.

Bad ideas need to be stopped for the sake of all of us. I don't fancy adult males from countries where this is legal to freely move to a country where it isn't. As I have to assume that their inner compass of right/wrong is not compatible with the civilised world.

In order to bring the world forward, we cannot accept the worst behaviours unchallenged or we'll soon end up living in caves again, pulling women by their hair for snu snu.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Paedophilia is sexual activity with a pre-pubscent child.

I am not sure anyone could reasonably argue, even in Turkey, that they thought the 8 year old they raped was really 18

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Pretty much.

a reply to: AndyMayhew

Well whatever the term technically refers to, if this passes as law and allows middle-aged men to be able to marry children then it's beyond wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

we should go and free them... oh wait. theyre not 3rd world or cant protect themselves and we need them on our side in that region.

so kiddie fiddlers get a free pass. at least we can moralize behind the keyboard still.

<<   2  3 >>

join