It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prez-elect Donald Trump Fulfills Promise to Ban Lobbyists from His Administration.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
November 16, 2016

It's only been 1 week since Donald Trump was elected to be the next President of the USA, but he's already starting to fulfill promises made on the campaign trail.

Today, it was announced that No Professional Lobbyists will be allowed to serve in his administration. Furthermore, when someone leaves President Trump's administration, he/she can not work as a Lobbyist for 5 full years.

Source: www.msn.com... kt5R&ocid=spartanntp

What position would a professional lobbyist hold in a President's administration? And what harm is there in becoming a lobbyist immediately after resigning from an administration?

I heard Donald Trump mention this "lobbyist ban" during the campaign, but never understood the reasoning. It garnered lots of applause at rallies though. So what's the big deal? I want to appreciate the significance of this too!

-CareWeMust

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
He claims this yet his team is full of insiders and lobbyist.

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbyists for transition
As it says in the article the op linked all they have to do is unregister and the jobs is theirs. This just means they will have to get paid under the table so in the end nothing has changed.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It means that people who lobby to change laws in favor of various industries will have a harder time doing so, seeing as they won't have government positions or direct contact with the other people necessary to vote new or revised laws.

At least, that's my understanding.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The article linked is six days old. He cleaned house today. Or rather his vp did. Catch up with the times buddy

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

" Trump team to bar administration officials from lobbying for five years "

President-elect Donald Trump will ban administration officials from lobbying for five years after leaving their posts, his transition team said Wednesday.

"It goes back to Mr. Trump's goal of making sure people aren't using government to enrich themselves," Republican National Committee chief strategist and Trump transition team member Sean Spicer said on a conference call.

All appointees will have to sign a document that signifies they either are not a registered lobbyist or have terminated any lobbying ties, as well as a pledge to not go back within five years.

The news comes after reports that Vice President-elect Mike Pence, now in charge of the transition, purged the team of all lobbyists. Politico also reported Wednesday that having recent lobbyists on the transition team violated the team's internal ethics rules.

thehill.com...

This Decision by President Elect Trump will Ensure those that are Eventually Chosen for Posts in his Administration will be Legally Bonded by Excepting the Terms of their Service to him and to the Federal Government Positions .This action is to Prevent Personal Enrichment of Ex Administration Officials in becoming Lobbyists for Special Interest Groups After their Terms of Service are over .

This is a Brilliant Idea that has been a long time coming . It is a kind of Built In Anti-Corruption Agreement between those who Serve in a Presidents Cabinet .
edit on 17-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 16, 2016

It's only been 1 week since Donald Trump was elected to be the next President of the USA, but he's already starting to fulfill promises made on the campaign trail.

Today, it was announced that No Professional Lobbyists will be allowed to serve in his administration. Furthermore, when someone leaves President Trump's administration, he/she can not work as a Lobbyist for 5 full years.

What position would a professional lobbyist hold in a President's administration? And what harm is there in becoming a lobbyist immediately after resigning from an administration?

I heard Donald Trump mention this "lobbyist ban" during the campaign, but never understood the reasoning. It garnered lots of applause at rallies though. So what's the big deal? I want to appreciate the significance of this too!

-CareWeMust

Lobbying (also lobby) is the act of attempting to influence decisions made by officials in a government, most often legislators or members of regulatory agencies.

-Wiki

The big deal is getting rid of the people that are in it solely for interests(see above). Those can, at any time, turn on him if their needs are not met.

He has a lot of cleaning up to do yet and thinking about who he is going to appoint(Gingrich, Christie, etc.) to do to honor that.

Trump’s ability to honor his campaign rhetoric will depend on the role of the so-called “shadow government,” and the president’s ideals to stick to his beliefs.“We look at the president, we look at what he said, we look at what he might do when you look at his advisors,” Paul said.

“But quite frankly there is an outside source which we refer to as the ‘deep state’ or the ‘shadow government’. There is a lot of influence by people which are actually more powerful than our government itself, our president,” the congressman said.

Is he going to take heed to Ron Paul's warning?

from;

"Ron Paul Warns Trump That ‘Shadow Government’ Seek To Destroy Him"

“Unfortunately, there has been several neoconservatives that are getting closer to Trump. And if gets his advice from them then I do not think that is a good sign,” Paul told the host of RT’s Crosstalk show Peter Lavelle.

Source

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
November 16, 2016

-CareWeMust

This is not just true for the states but for all democratic countries.

What makes it good to keep them out is because a lot of former livelyhood politicians tend to be sucked straight into the highend private sector almost immediately.
Why? Because even though they left politics, they didnt leave politics behind and the private sector knows this.

This means the company they work for suddenly have the most efficient backdoor available to them. Politicians stay friends with their old herd and of course this would enable them to leverage decisions affecting the companies they now work for in a positve way.

Thats a problem, because politics should never revolve around being modt suitablt for specific companies and their needs but serve to make society in general work the most efficient way and at the same time benefit as many people of the general population as possible.

In the perfect world: Man before corporations.... every single time.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

The article linked is six days old. He cleaned house today. Or rather his vp did. Catch up with the times buddy

Learn how to read and comprehend buddy. As I said in the op's link not my link that all they have to do is unregister.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

Learn how to read and comprehend buddy. As I said in the op's link not my link that all they have to do is unregister.

He never said that a person who was a lobbyist (a legal and common job) was inherently evil. He merely observed that the way lobbying and government work right now, it's basically a conflict of interest and crony corporatism (my words not his!) and he has plans to reduce corruption by making them clearly separate and not so incestuously intertwined. There might be good people who are or have been lobbyists -- but if they want to be part of his government, they can't be a lobbyist now or for several years after, make a decision. That's all.

RC

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

LOL.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Also. All I was saying is the article you linked is irrelevant. It does not talk about issues addressed today. Which is what is this op is about. Your article is about a transition team from a week ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok. I'll let you vindicate yourself. Quote anything from the article you posted that is relevant.

Edit: I would post the entire article... But y'all that's against t&c's. Go read it if you don't believe me....

edit on 17-11-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

Let me clear this up... The policy prevents insiders from wanting to join... Explain 300k a year in cash deposits to the banks and company. The purge today puts more current insiders out of the loop. How is this a bad thing?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good for him. Although we are assuming he can identify all lobbyists. There will be many who play both sides but adleast he is trying to implement an intiative to vastly reduce those numbers and nullify their chances of benefiting from working in office.

Fair play to him for now. I'm sure it won't be as clean cut though.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

After that 60 minutes interview, I'm trying to figure out how his supporters don't feel betrayed.

I suspect they do but they are denying the reality of the situation. Well here, let me lay it out for you: Donald conned you. Just like he conned those people at TRUMP U.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

betrayed by what exactly?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the part where he said he was going to be too busy to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate the Clintons. "I don't want to hurt them", he said, "They're nice people."

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

for crying out loud...

Had he of made this a priority and talking point, you'd all accuse him of ignoring his primary duty and going on a witch hunt,

Are we really going to experience 4 or 8yrs of absolute nonsense from the anti-trump crowd?

One of his 100 day checklist items was ''Washington Corruption Act''

How about you stop looking for any reason to ridicule the man and maybe start thinking of ways you can help the US repair itself?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the part where he said he was going to be too busy to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate the Clintons. "I don't want to hurt them", he said, "They're nice people."

People are counting on him to do a good job as president. We're sold on his aspiration to "drain the swamp" and fight against corruption and for the people.

His supporters are not consumed with petty hatred for Clinton and desire to see her in jail. There are much more important issues that need attention.

We just want to have an honest president who at least attempts to care about this country and it's people.
edit on 17-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

"Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!" who were those people frothing at the mouth with "petty" hatred?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

People get excited and they feed off each others energy. There are always a few crazies and people get stupid in groups.

To be fair to those people, if less than half of the allegations against her are true, she probably should face some charges.

Now that the campaign is over, with the exception of a few crazy people, I do not think anybody's primary concern is whether or not Hillary goes to jail.

The majority of Trumps support is powered by his promise to go against the corrupt establishment and current agenda.

All of the insults and chanting and hatred towards one another is petty. If only people put all this energy into finding a way to maybe work together.

It is stupid that two individuals, the news, and social media turned so many people against each other.

edit on 17-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"To be fair to those people, if less than half of the allegations against her are true, she probably should face some charges. " And we were promised a special prosecutor. I am a Hillary supporter and that is one promise we all deserve. And her victims. And the accused deserves to prove her innocence. Or have republicans thrown that right out too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join