It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Metal Alchemist ...WB live action trailer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Finally. At last... a live action Full Metal Alchemist. Looks to be heavy CGI. But what movie isn't nowadays? Besides this is one story impossible to portray without effects. I am a big fan of this epic story. I doubt only one movie will be enough to do it justice. I hope the English dubbed version is not far behind.
Also curious if they go with the "Brotherhood" story line, or the "standard"
one..or a mix of both?!

Anyone else a fan!?

Now I still await a live action...AKIRA

I felt I need to ad some background information.
en.wikipedia.org...

Plot Edward and Alphonse Elric live in the rural town of Resembool with their mother Trisha and their father Van Hohenheim, the latter having left home for an unknown reason. When Trisha dies of the plague, the brothers perform the forbidden alchemic technique of human transmutation in an attempt to resurrect her. Consequently, the transmutation backfires and in law with equivalent exchange, Edward's left leg and Alphonse's entire body are destroyed. Edward sacrifices his right arm to rescue Alphonse's soul, binding it to a suit of armor with a blood seal. Edward is invited by Roy Mustang to become a State Alchemist to research a way to restore Alphonse's body. Edward succeeds, becoming the Fullmetal Alchemist, the title based on his prosthetic automail limbs and use of alchemy involving metal materials. Three years on, the Elrics search for the mythical Philosopher's Stone to achieve their goals. They free the citizens of the city Liore by exposing the corrupt motives of the local cult's prophetic founder. They are targeted by Scar, an Ishbalan serial killer who murders State Alchemists per his anti-alchemic religious beliefs, and their encounter with him forcing them to return to Resembool to have their bodies repaired by their childhood friend and mechanic, Winry Rockbell.

Live-action film Main article: Fullmetal Alchemist (film) A live-action film based on the manga is in development with plans for a 2017 release. Fumihiko Sori will direct the film and principal photography is scheduled to run from June to August 2016 in Italy.[50] The film will star Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric, Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell and Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang. Sori also said he could not yet reveal details on how Alphonse will be presented in the film, but is confident fans will be satisfied.[51]

edit on 11/15/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee
YESSSS!!!!!!

I don't care which storyline, TBH. Just happy to see it is coming.

edit on 15-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This is wonderful news indeed! I guarantee this will have such an amazing global opening weekend, that its going to be blowing Disney's latest blockbusters out of the water.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Im not sure about this, im not a fan of crossovers from anime to heavy CGI with humans.. And the franchise is heavily storybased so i find it hard to see a good plot happening from this..

Just my subjective view..

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Agreed.
I am just anxious to see how they portray the homunculus sins(Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Greed..etc). they were a fair bit different between the two.

And also will we see "Alex Louis Armstrong"?

In any account Alfonse post transmutation will be the highlight.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I suggest for Armstrong, they cast Abraham from the walking dead. He has the appearance to match, but is going to have to lose that backwoods accent.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Finally. At last... a live action Full Metal Alchemist. Looks to be heavy CGI. But what movie isn't nowadays? Besides this is one story impossible to portray without effects. I am a big fan of this epic story. I doubt only one movie will be enough to do it justice. I hope the English dubbed version is not far behind.
Also curious if they go with the "Brotherhood" story line, or the "standard"
one..or a mix of both?!

Anyone else a fan!?

Now I still await a live action...AKIRA

I felt I need to ad some background information.
en.wikipedia.org...

Plot Edward and Alphonse Elric live in the rural town of Resembool with their mother Trisha and their father Van Hohenheim, the latter having left home for an unknown reason. When Trisha dies of the plague, the brothers perform the forbidden alchemic technique of human transmutation in an attempt to resurrect her. Consequently, the transmutation backfires and in law with equivalent exchange, Edward's left leg and Alphonse's entire body are destroyed. Edward sacrifices his right arm to rescue Alphonse's soul, binding it to a suit of armor with a blood seal. Edward is invited by Roy Mustang to become a State Alchemist to research a way to restore Alphonse's body. Edward succeeds, becoming the Fullmetal Alchemist, the title based on his prosthetic automail limbs and use of alchemy involving metal materials. Three years on, the Elrics search for the mythical Philosopher's Stone to achieve their goals. They free the citizens of the city Liore by exposing the corrupt motives of the local cult's prophetic founder. They are targeted by Scar, an Ishbalan serial killer who murders State Alchemists per his anti-alchemic religious beliefs, and their encounter with him forcing them to return to Resembool to have their bodies repaired by their childhood friend and mechanic, Winry Rockbell.

Live-action film Main article: Fullmetal Alchemist (film) A live-action film based on the manga is in development with plans for a 2017 release. Fumihiko Sori will direct the film and principal photography is scheduled to run from June to August 2016 in Italy.[50] The film will star Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric, Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell and Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang. Sori also said he could not yet reveal details on how Alphonse will be presented in the film, but is confident fans will be satisfied.[51]

Looks good!

I'll go and see it!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, this looks promising. I'm yet to see a live action adaptation that isn't complete crap, so I'm not holding my breath, but I like what I see on this trailer.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Fantastic OP this should be great, thanks for posting, loved the anime series so fingers crossed it's decent.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Didn't know this was in the works. Looks exciting!

top topics

join