It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama suggests Hillary Clinton is to blame for stunning election loss

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

President Barack Obama suggested fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton was partly to blame for her stunning loss to Republican Donald Trump in the presidential election. The president noted that Clinton should have focused on reaching out to white, non-urban voters like he did in both 2008 and 2012.
According to Politico, the president substantially outperformed Clinton in most suburbs, as well as the key swing areas in the Midwest.

A third of the nearly 700 counties that twice elected Obama for the White House flipped in 2016 and voted for Trump. The Republican president-elect also won 194 of the 207 counties that voted for Obama either in 2008 or 2012.

Well I don't think Hillary is going to take this well. Obama is placing the blame of defeat back in her court.

I honestly feel like she didn't think she had to work for it. And this is why she didn't go to a lot of the places that democrats usually win. To Hillary the election was hers and no one had the power to stop that from happening.

Link to article

"Things change pretty rapidly, but they don't change inevitably," Obama said. "They change because you work for it. Nobody said democracy's supposed to be easy. It's hard. And in a big country like this, it probably should be hard."

According to ABC News, the president spoke to Democratic National Committee members and encouraged them not to despair following the election. "You're allowed to mope for a week and a half maybe two," he said during a conference call. "But after that we've got to brush ourselves off and get to work."

So is this Obama's way of telling her to bush off and get over it?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
what is your problem
STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS STUPID ELECTION ALREADY

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's hard to reach out to a community you labeled racist. I'm glad she did us a favor and didn't bother.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

He outperformed her in those areas because people believed him and liked him, hell I liked him ,

But people woke up.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

from the article

Obama urged Democrats to take on a 50-state strategy. "You know, I won Iowa not because the demographics dictated that I would win Iowa. It was because I spent 87 days going to every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall, and there were some counties where I might have lost, but maybe I lost by 20 points instead of 50 points," Obama said.

Guess not calling them names helped as well.
Kind of hard to ask for someones vote after you have insulted them repeatedly.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

ALL of the blame falls on her--she was the candidate that, in losing, was voted Most Likely Not To Be The Next President.

I wish a better candidate would have won, but at least it's not her.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cihanpanda
what is your problem
STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS STUPID ELECTION ALREADY

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
She could not do the small town stuff. They would have eaten her alive. They don't like her. Same with Obama. They kept the campaign on paved road so to speak. Trump had the ability to cover a larger area.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Or had a laundry list of questionable-to-reprehensible behavior revealed to the world by transparency activists.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox
Props for the Dean Ambrose gif.

I will say this for Obama, I think he legitimately believes in the Progressive ideology and that people would truly be better off if that vision was seen through to its ultimate conclusion.

Regarding Clinton, I think she wanted to manufacture a situation where she and her chosen confidantes would perpetually be in power, be unbelievably wealthy, and be declared legitimate because of a token (but internally compliant) opposition in the form of the Establishment Republican Party.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You're allowed to mope for a week and a half maybe two," he said during a conference call. "But after that we've got to brush ourselves off and get to work."

I think this is my favorite thing Obama has ever said.

It seems like he is distancing himself from all crooks, maybe so he maybe doesn't go down in history so negatively.
edit on 15-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cihanpanda

You have some serious issues with post election threads, you have posted in no less than five recently and each one says the same thing.

Tie down your finger you use to hit enter on these post to something that stops you from acting so impulsively.

Jeesh, go and talk about your Dino DNA on another site!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And yet many of the places Obama campaigned heavy for Hillary were lost.

Obama is as much to blame as her.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

He outperformed her in those areas because people believed him and liked him, hell I liked him ,

But people woke up.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

I agree completely. A lot of people were swindled and smitten by his change speeches. Then when he took office the only thing he changed was how they calculate the numbers to make him look good. He will go down as the worst president in history and his entire legacy will be removed by Trump.

Hillary just keept campaigning on the same old crap that we have heard a billion times. And the DNC's smear campaign of trump was obvious. The middle class was not fooled by the DNC this time.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
InB4 people start with the "but she won the popular vote"

I think she felt like she deserved it. Trump was doing 2, 3, and sometimes 4 events every day. She barley even tried, thinking the media would get the job done for her.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Obama's and Hillary's policies are to blame.

You can't blame the people for not "getting it", because they do "get it".

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cihanpanda

If only there was a safe space for you to go to so you dont have to face uncomfortable truths....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
InB4 people start with the "but she won the popular vote"

I think she felt like she deserved it. Trump was doing 2, 3, and sometimes 4 events every day. She barley even tried, thinking the media would get the job done for her.

I am pretty sure that if the popular vote reflected reality and was not laden with fraud she would not have won that either.

The left has already proven they are not above cheating.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before Obama tossed Hillary under the bus and place all the blame on her.

His legacy is in tatters, he will get more harsh towards her as time goes by.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Why did she not win by 50 points you may ask"

lololololololololololololololololololololololololol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join