It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 dumbest things said by Bush in his first term

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
"Because he's hiding." --President Bush, after being asked by the Washington Post why Osama bin Laden has not been caught, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 2005

Uh You think? lol

"It's important for people to know that I'm the president of everybody." --President Bush, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 20

"I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave — with all
five fingers — for their hospitality." --President Bush

"If Barbara gets her hands on John Kerry, he might get another Purple Heart." --Former President Bush, on the political attacks on his son

"I'm also proud to be working with your United States Senator, Charles Grassley. I saw him the other day in Cedar Rapids. I took him aside and I said, 'Listen, the South Lawn at the White House has got a lot of grass.'" --President Bush

I?m not saying anything to that one foks..lol

''I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army.'' --President Bush, during an Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

"I'm going to be real positive, while I keep my foot on John Kerry's throat." --President Bush, on his debate strategy

Real posititve he wants to kill him.....eek

"I heard there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --President George W. Bush, during the second presidential debate (read more Bushisms)
(Looks around, is Bush here?)

"America saw two very different visions of our country, and two different hairdos." --President Bush, on the vice presidential debate
( oh, he makes me laugh so much I hurt reading these.)

"Let me finish!" --President Bush, during the first presidential debate, after nobody interrupted him, leading to speculation that he might have been hearing voices
( WHo was he talking to? The person who wired him maybe? I am roaring here)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"The expectations were so low that all I had to do was say hi, I'm George W. Bush." —President Bush, on his performance in the 2000 debates with Al Gore

wow he remembered his name though.

"I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." --President George W. Bush, making a bizarre case for his re-election
Can you seaka any English George?

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --President George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; read more Bushisms)
(Does he kow something that we don't? )

"Four score and seven years ago. We have come here to dedicate a portion of it as a final resting place. ... My fellow members of the press corps, especially the camera man, tax relief is on the way ... don't spend it all in one place" --President Bush, testing the mic at the GOP convention."

(He should be on a sitcom, really he would not need writers>)

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --President George W. Bush (Watch video clip; read more Bushisms)
( huh? Translation please!)

"Go ahead, yell it out. If I don't like the question, I'll reinvent it." --President Bush, hosting an "Ask President Bush" forum in which all the questions were planted in advance
lmao
politicalhumor.about.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We will stand up for terror. We will stand up for freedom."
No wonder its still going on..
So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... We haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
—Bush, answering a question about Osama bin Laden at a March 13, 2002 news conference.

So Much for the we will hunt him down and get him..

"After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week— we will have an all-volunteer army. Let me restate that."
—Bush, showing signs of confusion (yet again) at an Oct. 16, 2004, campaign stop in Daytona Beach.

I think he has a speaking problem,,, he can't speak!

"The truth of that matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were president of the United States, and we’d be a lot better off."
—Bush at the second presidential debate in St. Louis, Oct. 8, 2004.

Could that be the problem, Bush doesn't know he is the president?

"And as a result of the United States military, Taliban no longer is in existence."
—Bush, demonstrating a weak grasp on reality at a campaign stop in Springfield, Ohio on Sept. 27, 2004.

Is this breaking news? lol

[edit on 27-1-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone else is enjoying this as much as I am.. I am having a ball reading these.

"A new Iraq will also need a humane, well-supervised prison system."
—Bush, speaking at Carlisle, Virginia, May 24, 2004

Just like the one ssaddam had? lol

"Iraq is free of rape rooms and torture chambers."
—Bush, remarks to 2003 Republican National Committee Presidential Gala, Oct. 8, 2003

"One thing is for certain: There won't be any more mass graves and torture rooms and rape rooms."
—Bush, press availability in Monterrey, Mexico, Jan. 12, 2004

"Saddam Hussein now sits in a prison cell, and Iraqi men and women are no longer carried to torture chambers and rape rooms."
—Bush, remarks on "Winston Churchill and the War on Terror," Feb. 4, 2004

"Every woman in Iraq is better off because the rape rooms and torture chambers of Saddam Hussein are forever closed."
—Bush, remarks on "Efforts to Globally Promote Women's Human Rights," March 12, 2004

"Our military is performing brilliantly. See, the transition from torture chambers and rape rooms and mass graves and fear of authority is a tough transition. And they're doing the good work of keeping this country stabilized as a political process unfolds."
—Bush, remarks on "Tax Relief and the Economy," Iowa, April 15, 2004

He has his mind set on one thiing ...and that?s it.

"We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator."
Source: The New York Times, "Reporter's Notebook; Skipping Borders, Tripping Diction," David E. Sanger, May 28, 2002

"The CIA laid out several scenarios. It said that life could be lousy, life could be okay, life could be better. And they were just guessing as to what the conditions might be like."
—Bush, dismissing a leaked CIA report at a Sept. 21, 2004, meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."
—Bush, meeting with Iraqi citizens who received medical care in the U.S., May 25, 2004

No comment on that one!

"We want results in every single classroom so that one single child is left behind."
—Bush, speaking in Little Rock, Ark., Nov. 10, 2003

"I'm sure there's a lot of people frightened — biotechnology is a long word and it sounds — they may say, well, I don't know if I'm smart enough to be in biotechnology, or it sounds too sophisticated to be in biotechnology."
—Bush, speaking in Winston-Salem, N.C., on Nov. 7, 2003

LOL"The world is more peaceful and more free under my leadership."
Source: The Boston Globe, Oct. 29, 2003

Yes George keep trying to convince yourself of that and you?ll be fine. It?s them voices you hear that are making you think you?re out for war.

"There's too much leaking in Washington. That's just the way it is. And we've had leaks out of the administrative branch, had leaks out of the legislative branch, and out of the executive branch and the legislative branch."
—Bush, adding a fourth branch of government while leaving out the third.
Source: White House Office of the Press Secretary, "News Release: President Discusses Job Creation With Business Leaders," Sept. 30, 2003

Bush has made my night..lol This is so addicting, reading his quotes.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
bye and have a great day.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thankyou everybody who posted the dubya links!
I think this one says it all!

We're on an international manhunt for those who would do harm to America, or for anybody else who loves freedom.
-- Dubya inadvertently declares war on all those who love freedom, Roswell, New Mexico, Feb. 2, 2004

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'd love for every Bush voter to read this thread and still say with a straight face that this is their preferred man to represent their interests to the rest of the world....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
For your perusal, some of my faves:

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -- Reuters, May 5, 2000

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of 'Hop on Pop.' " -- Pennsylvania State University, Apr. 2, 2002

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"See, free nations do not develop weapons of mass destruction." -- Washington, D.C., Oct. 8, 2003

And last but not least: not a Dubya quote, but worth mentioning, all the same.

"This is one of the most intellectually gifted presidents we've had." - Karl Rove, "Hardball," MSNBC, Jan. 19, 2005

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join