It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of Polar bears washed up on Scottish beach?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just saw this on RSOE and i have to say a little bit of my heart broke. It's bad enough seeing the pictures of the stranded bears clinging to small pieces of ice but knowing that these polar bears did actually drown.. yeah a bit of my soul just died.... it doesnt seem that any forensic tests have been carried put yet so lets hope that is done asap. link below to the RSOE page and also to the Friends of Colonsay Facebook page, where there are photos of the bears. hisz.rsoe.hu... m.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Facebook link says that the Marine Strandings Unit says that the carcasses are definitely NOT polar bears.
I think more needs to be investigated here.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I see it says in there last update 17 minutes ago that it ain't polar bears but never less still very sada reply to: paradisepurple

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks butcherguy! I'm at work & i didnt read the Facebook page just looked at the pics. I feel slightly better now...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

Why are you less upset now you know it was a creature other than a polar bear which died?
Are polar bears particularly special to you or something?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Comments in the Facebook link provided in OP say some witness described fur and 'hooves', maybe they were sheep?

Lab test?

facebook comment

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Comments in the Facebook link provided in OP say some witness described fur and 'hooves', maybe they were sheep?

Lab test?

facebook comment

Sounds like a 'blobster'. After a marine mammal like a whale or dolphin decomposes for a while, the connective tissues in the blubber look a lot like fur or hair.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

News like this tells a heartbreaking story that no one wants to hear.
But I believe this to be a strong indicator people should pay attention
to.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What's so heartbreaking?
Marine mammals die all the time.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"It's bad enough seeing the pictures of the stranded bears clinging to small pieces of ice"
You do know that polar bears swim in open ocean to hunt for +100 miles ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: intrptr

Lab test?

facebook comment

Sounds like a 'blobster'. After a marine mammal like a whale or dolphin decomposes for a while, the connective tissues in the blubber look a lot like fur or hair.

Fur looks a lot like fur too. With "Hooves"?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyDavidson

Why are you less upset now you know it was a creature other than a polar bear which died?

in the context of Al Gore's claims that polar bears were losing their homes due to ice melting, it does matter a lot. The fact that some animal dies is sad, but if it's just a natural thing, or an accident that couldn't have been avoided, it's nothing we need to attribute to the AGW discussion. (IMHO)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hooves eh?
Clearly a non story now then as people are apparently only 'heartbroken' over the deaths of big ol' cuddly polar bears.
Even the OP appears to have bailed now the creatures are not his/her favoured species.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TonyDavidson

in the context of Al Gore's claims that polar bears were losing their homes due to ice melting, it does matter a lot. The fact that some animal dies is sad, but if it's just a natural thing, or an accident that couldn't have been avoided, it's nothing we need to attribute to the AGW discussion. (IMHO)

Oh Lord don't bring up Al Gore. He was wrong on every single prediction he ever made. Didn't stop him from making millions off of it though.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh I get that, just making an observation how people are emotionally attached to some species more than others...In this case polar bears, OP is happier now it turns out some other creature has died, seems a bit strange to me but hey.
I call it the Bambi effect.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When are people going to learn that not everyone uses obnoxious-a** Fakebook.

Anything posted to it is not visible to anyone except members. Make an effort to post the pics or at least part of the article.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

Tonydavidson get a grip. If they're not Polar bears then it stands to reason they're probably some sea faring animal such as a whale which may end up washed up on a beach at the end of it's natural life. So no, nothing upsetting about that.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Get a grip of what?
You being heartbroken for cuddly ol' polar bears then feeling much better on discovering it was some other creature that died?
yeah, I think such emotional discrimination depending on species is silly, but if you grieve for bears ore than whales or whatever that is your emotional choice of course.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

got it. I was thinking it was linked to the outrage over the picture of polar bears "clinging to life" on a small iceberg. (which was so out of context it's frightening.)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Yeah, those poor cuddly Polar Bears ....... the only known animal to actively HUNT humans if they get the scent, how about poor cows .......... wait!! ...... they are just steak right?

ETA: This was after the recent NZ earthquake and they have been rescued since

edit on 2016-11-15T10:21:47-06:002016Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:21:47 -0600bTuesday2111America/Chicago1610 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join