It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of Polar bears washed up on Scottish beach?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I saw that this morning. Glad they lived through it, but it will be a challenge to get them down. And they are very nice cows that would likely make really, really good steaks. Make mine a ribeye.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Lol, true!
Polar bears get all the love for looking cuddly, oh the heartbreak for those big ol' teddy bears!
The one hundred or so Hawaiian Crows left in the world can only dream of the tears shed for the bears...perhaps they need a new PR team.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Did you read my post ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Did you read my post ?

About Polar Bears clinging to Ice and being able to swim 100Km? sure i read it. Arctic to Scotland is over 100Km and the Ice would melt before it got there, probably why there are no wild Polar Bears in Scotland, i therefore deemed your post irrelevant as to why Polar Bear's would be found there, even carcasses of Polar Bears would struggle to get to Scotland on water currents from there, would need to be ONE lucky (or unlucky) animal for that to happen.

So, they are adrift on an Ice Floe and can swim 100Km or so yes? the problem is? I can swim approx 20 miles, i aint going to wait until i'm half way out in the Atlantic before i decide to start swimming home!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyDavidson
a reply to: intrptr

Hooves eh?
Clearly a non story now then as people are apparently only 'heartbroken' over the deaths of big ol' cuddly polar bears.
Even the OP appears to have bailed now the creatures are not his/her favored species.

I don't know. Since Polar Bears don't occur naturally in Scotland, they would have to be from a far off land, which would also preclude them washing up on one beach "all together".

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interesting point but seeing as the animals are not polar bears it is just another 'creatures washed up on beach' story.
It would have been a rather fantastic story if they were bears though, if only because of the distance they would have had to cross to get to Scotland.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow! so now you can swim for 20 miles in the open ocean....Goodbye!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Wow! so now you can swim for 20 miles in the open ocean....Goodbye!

Kinda missed the point, goodbye

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

How do you know the fitness level of the member?
Take an average 2mph swimming speed, favourable currents and conditions, then less than half a day with breaks treading water then 20 miles is easily doable.
I'm guessing you live inland or don't swim much in the ocean?

On-topic though polar bear swimming skills are amazing, all bears are impressive to be honest, they can run, climb...
Fantastic predators

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

This is reconned to be a whale or seal carcase probably died due to the non stop war games NATO play of Scotland with subs and sonar

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
awww this made me sad
thnaks for not uploading any pics

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I also wondered about the claims regarding sonar and marine mammals.
Not cuddly ol' bears though so OP isn't as heart broken. As I said previously, endangered Hawaiian Crows for example can only dream of the marketing success of the bears with public sympathy.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

There have been loads of reports in local papers but nothing in the MSM about things getting washed up on beaches but it happens so often now that it is brushed under the rug

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I agree, it appears that way to me as well.
And if it turns out that sonar is damaging to whales etc then they are certainly screwed because governments/military will not be seeking alternatives any time soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

US Military Plans to Dump 20,000 Tons of Heavy Metals and Explosives Into the Oceans

It apperas everyone is at it recently

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Current updates are saying it's likely whales. I hope the cause is found soon so it can be addressed in case it's a mounting trend.

originally posted by: cihanpanda
awww this made me sad
thnaks for not uploading any pics

Same and Same

Often happens when whales get lost ocean nearby where I'm living.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join