It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I sure hope come January, when Trump is sworn in, he does something for the good guy's side. Like un-neutering the Police so that they can take care of these criminals. This cannot continue like this, unless this is the plan. Glad the armed citizen was there to stop the attack.

Dang it that last post was a response to this.
edit on 11/16/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

His country is an island. I doubt very seriously that a frenchman is going to swim the english channel to work in london and send money back to his family in france...lol

Jaden.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Defend it all you like, he shot a man in cold blood when for all we know he could have at least first tried to resolve the issue without putting three bullets in him.

How did he shoot a man in cold blood? Pretty sure this guy's blood was pretty hot and pumping fast. From the pic he looks like a pretty decent sized guy and was pummeling a police officer. Yet he deserves respect?

And he did try to resolve it. He asked the guy to stop and told him he would shoot. I guess next you'll say he was deaf and couldn't hear too?

I wasn't expected to win friends and influence people by suggesting that shooting someone three times with (allegedly) no attempt to even push him away from the police man wasn't heroic. I will even say that it may have been the only option (but three times? Really?), but does that make him a hero?

It doesn't say anywhere it was three times in quick succession. I imagine it was, but he may have shot 3 shots over several seconds.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

...Glad for CCW holders in this world who stop to do the right thing.

Here here for CCW holders!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just so you know, there is something called the 30 foot or 35 foot rule, depending on who is training you. The idea is that someone who is a distance of 35 feet or less from you, can probably run at you and either stab you or atleast be able to put their hands on you, before you can react - and this is for trained professionals.

So possibly the officer was caught off guard and didn't have time to react before the conflict took place, maybe the officer attempted to draw but the suspect was able to grab the gun or knock it lose first, maybe he got hit really hard and was confused about how to properly defend himself.

It is also a fact, 98%, that if you are in arms length of someone they can grab your weapon, that you have pointed straight at them, before you can pull the trigger.

Life isn't a movie, cops don't have special powers and their brains function just like a normal humans, it takes time to notice something and then react to it, and those seconds are what gets you killed, that's why cops are so on edge, they know a smile might just be a the best way to hide a weapon.

edit on 16-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted
Let's see how patient yours to someone the cops to be if they ever find one of your kids getting their head beat in and won't stop

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Police sign up for a dangerous job and they know that. Why would it have anything to do with a police officer afraid to use force? A criminal attacked a police officer, there was a fight, a good samaritan intervened.

Are you using this to excuse bad police officers that commit murder and are punished?

I am not following your personal comments on the incident. They seem very wrong.
edit on 16-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Police sign up for a dangerous job and they know that. Why would it have anything to do with a police officer afraid to use force? A criminal attacked a police officer, there was a fight, a good samaritan intervened.

Are you using this to excuse bad police officers that commit murder and are punished?

I am not following your personal comments on the incident. They seem very wrong.

In case you haven't been paying attention to news lately, it could quite possibly have everything to do with the cop being afraid to use force.

Each and every time a cop shoots a man, and most especially a minority, there is a massive outcry that the officer is crooked, racist, joined the force with an agenda, and so on ad nauseum.

It doesn't matter how blatant the assault on the officer was, whether or not the assailant was armed or if the assailant has a lengthy criminal record, the cop is the one scrutinized.

Between that and the recent assassinations of police officers, it's no wonder they are edgy, and afraid to take action when needed.
edit on 16-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

A good argument for concealed carry and an example that officers put their life on the line each day, despite the one-sided propaganda by the news media.

Glad to hear of the outcome in this incident. Let it be a lesson to us all. An officer was saved and a criminal is meeting God who can sort out his misdeeds instead of us.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good thing we have the right to bear arms or the deputy may have been killed. I would assist a LEO in distress in any manner possible. They would do the same for you and I, it works both ways.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

when you are in this situation, you can start off by trying to:

push him away from the police

and if you happen to live through that and not be the next target, you can offer a sternly worded command.

Reality, it's a nice place, you should visit.

I don't like the people, they tend to talk crap and not understand that irony is a little more of an art form.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Any day, anytime, under similar circumstances...I will do the same thing. My daily carry firearm is a 45 acp. Some call higher caliber weapons "hand cannons", and thats the reason I do.

If I had to use it, it would be within 10-20'...and I'd want it to count and not have to hit any target with more than 2-3 rounds. But understand this....

I wouldnt hesitate...but I hope in my lifetime...I never have to...ever. But this guy saved a life. Great. We're not Joe "Sheriff"...but are prepared to defend you, your kids, family and anyone else facing certain or severe injury or death.

If any one situation explains the reason for concealed and licensed carry...this one was it.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
a reply to: Shamrock6

This whole thing happened after a car chase, that was the scene.
Warning shots have a much better chance of not killing the person you're confronting, firing in the air does not produce a deadly falling projectile as the myth predicts.

I did read it, from your article, after the introduction:

a spokesperson for the council of Police Chiefs, is quoted by the newspaper as saying: “in the past we were reluctant with violence. Nowadays we say: be quicker in drawing your gun and show it as a menace, fire a warning shot if necessary... If that does not produce the necessary effect, you [may] shoot at the legs if needs be.”

Where does this oppose what I was trying to convey ?

Warning shots generally aren't supposed to be aimed at the person you're trying to "warn" so yes, they have a lesser chance of hitting that person. My point is that the round will still land somewhere, which puts everybody else at risk because now instead of shooting at a person, you've let a round off to land wherever it lands.

Which you would have understood if you had a modicum of firearms knowledge.

I'm glad you finally got around to reading the article, even if you continue to miss the point that I made by posting it: your cops are being told to be more aggressive. Literally nothing else you've posted about it has any bearing on the situation.

The car chase doesn't have anything to do with the shooting. The cop getting his ass kicked has everything to do with the shooting. Ergo, the car chase is not germane to the discussion of the shooting.

I know it's a common tactic to take the argument all over the map to avoid the actual subject of lethal force being justified, but it's an old, tired shtick.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

and if you happen to live through that and not be the next target, you can offer a sternly worded command.

I don't like the people, they tend to talk crap and not understand that irony is a little more of an art form.

It really loses the punch when you get all dramatic and declare you're going to stop participating in a thread but then continue to post the same ignorant stuff over and over again.

Hopefully you'll at some point have an opportunity in your life to show us how this all should have been handled better.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It really loses the punch when you get all dramatic and declare you're going to stop participating in a thread but then continue to post the same ignorant stuff over and over again.

Hopefully you'll at some point have an opportunity in your life to show us how this all should have been handled better.

It was an attempt at humour in the response to a post to me.

The fact you believe my comments were ignorant show a difference of opinion. I'm clearly in the minority on this thread so will (probably) leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

"He shot a man in cold blood."

Either you're completely ignorant of what "in cold blood" means, or you're ignorant of what's involved mentally in a shooting situation.

Or both.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Instead of the passer by killing the person, why do you think he didn't try to physically restrain him? Don't you think that would have been doing the right thing?

And risk having his own arse beat too? SOmetimes the right thing to do is the easiest and shooting the jerk was the right call. I am weak muscular speaking. I coudnt restrain a girl much less a man. Its why I dont fight fair if i have to.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

"He shot a man in cold blood."

Either you're completely ignorant of what "in cold blood" means, or you're ignorant of what's involved mentally in a shooting situation.

Or both.

Yes, cold blood is a figurative term, there is no hard and fast definition. I'm applying it in this sense as an unarmed man was shot three times as the first and last recourse.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Instead of the passer by killing the person, why do you think he didn't try to physically restrain him? Don't you think that would have been doing the right thing?

And risk having his own arse beat too? SOmetimes the right thing to do is the easiest and shooting the jerk was the right call. I am weak muscular speaking. I coudnt restrain a girl much less a man. Its why I dont fight fair if i have to.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean, and when you say it could have been the right call I completely agree with you and never once have I suggested otherwise. It was the term 'hero' that I questioned in this circumstance with the facts at hand, I think I know exactly why that's getting me flack from some in this thread.
edit on 18-11-2016 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
A picture of the suspect on the officer.

Just gonna throw it out there.....Black Lives Matter???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join