It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
the real danger was that the officer was armed and if he had lost consciousness the crazy dude could have taken the officers weapon, that would not have ended well.
better to kill the crazy guy before he armed himself, maybe that's what the good Samaritan was thinking.
It wouldn`t be smart to just stand there and wait for the guy to arm himself and then engage in a gun battle with him, it`s much safer to stop him before he arms himself with the deputy`s weapon.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It is unclear if that person was a Good Samaritan or an officer not in uniform. The deputy who was attacked was rushed to the hospital, but he is expected to recover.

www.nbc-2.com...

Nice story...but given "news media" these days..I'll wait for official reports.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
the prep has been id'd. the good sanitarian gave the prep two chances to stop and dropped his gun and walked to the rear of near by vehicle after shooting.

Suspect in I-75 deputy-involved shooting identified

another report
Suspect named in fatal I-75 deputy involved assault

edit on 15-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well idiots should not go around attacking police officers. That is the way the cookie crumbles. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Defend it all you like, he shot a man in cold blood when for all we know he could have at least first tried to resolve the issue without putting three bullets in him.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Defend it all you like, he shot a man in cold blood when for all we know he could have at least first tried to resolve the issue without putting three bullets in him.

Yeah, he should have just asked the misunderstood criminal to stop beating the cop .

Or

Don't want to get shot then don't make the choices the criminal made.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

How did he shoot a man in cold blood? Pretty sure this guy's blood was pretty hot and pumping fast. From the pic he looks like a pretty decent sized guy and was pummeling a police officer. Yet he deserves respect?

And he did try to resolve it. He asked the guy to stop and told him he would shoot. I guess next you'll say he was deaf and couldn't hear too?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You're so out of touch with reality it's mind boggling. At the same time you're such a billy badass that you would have first tapped the attacker on the shoulder and kindly asked him to stop beating the police officer? Crawl back under your rock please, you obviously are out of touch with the reality of the situation.

P.S. For those that don't know Florida, never been to Florida, hate Florida, or whatever your dysfunction junction is with Florida. Too bad we protect our Law Enforcement. And a side note would be Damn sure don't do this in Walton County, look up the story of the Okaloosa deputies shot at the gun range and killed and suspect fled to Walton County only to get served Justice by a hail of bullets.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thanks for that link.

They confirmed the shooter was not an off duty cop. Good on the shooter. He has chosen to stay anonymous, but it would be cool if the department was able to give him some anonymous reward, plus offer up one of their post-shooting counselors for free if he needs a professional to remind him what he did was the right thing through and through. Even when in the right, killing someone when all you wanted to do was run an errand can be a hard thing to personally process.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Wow, this post is just plain wrong. Did you not see the part where the shooter ordered the attacker to stop and the attacker refused? And you have the . . . nerve to say he should have tried to resolve the issue? Really?! Maybe you'd like to trade places with the officer that was getting to (bleep) beat out of him and see if your out look would change.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat
Wish I could also give you a few dozen stars.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

P.S. For those that don't know Florida, never been to Florida, hate Florida, or whatever your dysfunction junction is with Florida. Too bad we protect our Law Enforcement. And a side note would be Damn sure don't do this in Walton County, look up the story of the Okaloosa deputies shot at the gun range and killed and suspect fled to Walton County only to get served Justice by a hail of bullets.

Authorities said Cartwright, a U.S. Army Reserve soldier, shot both deputies and took off toward neighboring Walton County, where he was killed by Walton County deputies after an exchange of gunfire at a roadblock.
Officials: 2 Fla. Sheriff's Deputies Fatally Shot by Suspect Later Killed by Police

next county over on west side, remember it well.

edit on 16-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

How did he shoot a man in cold blood? Pretty sure this guy's blood was pretty hot and pumping fast. From the pic he looks like a pretty decent sized guy and was pummeling a police officer. Yet he deserves respect?

And he did try to resolve it. He asked the guy to stop and told him he would shoot. I guess next you'll say he was deaf and couldn't hear too?

I wasn't expected to win friends and influence people by suggesting that shooting someone three times with (allegedly) no attempt to even push him away from the police man wasn't heroic. I will even say that it may have been the only option (but three times? Really?), but does that make him a hero?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

You're so out of touch with reality it's mind boggling. At the same time you're such a billy badass that you would have first tapped the attacker on the shoulder and kindly asked him to stop beating the police officer? Crawl back under your rock please, you obviously are out of touch with the reality of the situation.

Where did I suggest tapping him on the shoulder and kindly asking him anything? Don't try and put words in my mouth and stop acting like an arse.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I wasn't expected to win friends and influence people by suggesting that shooting someone three times with (allegedly) no attempt to even push him away from the police man wasn't heroic. I will even say that it may have been the only option (but three times? Really?), but does that make him a hero?

What is the difference to you between shooting someone once or shooting them three times?
Real life isnt a TV show and if you pull the trigger to shoot someone you arent doing it, unless its very specific tactical scenarios where the variables present that op, to disamr. You are shooting to stop someone .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

What is the difference to you between shooting someone once or shooting them three times?
Real life isnt a TV show and if you pull the trigger to shoot someone you arent doing it, unless its very specific tactical scenarios where the variables present that op, to disamr. You are shooting to stop someone .

No, you are shooting to kill someone. If the assailant was unarmed, I was questioning why it was classed as 'heroic' to put three bullets in him without any attempt to physically stop him attacking the police man. That is it - pure and simple. I appreciate I'm on the wrong thread and this seems more about celebrating a civilian with a gun shooting the bad guy so I'll butt out.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

when you are in this situation, you can start off by trying to:

push him away from the police

and if you happen to live through that and not be the next target, you can offer a sternly worded command.

Reality, it's a nice place, you should visit.
edit on 16-11-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
I know every situation is different but why is the first instinct for the cop or a passer by to shoot to kill? Couldn't the cop have used pepper spray or a baton?

I'm not trying to blame the police here far from it. And does it really take 3 shots to stop an assault?

If the cop is sitting in the drivers chair and he is yanked out through the window that is likely to pin down his right arm. That might be the side with his tazer. He might have been protecting his head with his left arm. If his head is being pushed down then he would not be able to see where to aim. Worse, the attacker could pull the gun out of his hand. The gun blast could damage his sight or hearing if fired right next to his head.

If the attacker is high on Meth or amphetamines then any kind of pain causing response isn't going to help.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How do you pull your gun out while being beaten? Don't understand how you think he could.

And if he was being beaten, the gun would more than likely been taken off him from the person in a dominant position.

A spoon of reality helps the information go down.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OMG when the hell will people cut this out? Sandy hook has been officially debunked at every level and im not talking by theorists, im talking the sheriff, coroner, and loads of other entities who all admitted after no longer being able to afford the pay promised to participants that it was a training simulation and several since have gone further and admitted it wasn't even that and that it and countless other shootings were arranged by the democrat administration as a final push for gun control. God, just two weeks ago another involved person high up released a thirty min update and is many actors have had their headshot tracked down get over it. I honestly don't think any of em are real.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join