It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to bring on Trump's Law & Order

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Here's what I don't get....What exactly do they think is going to happen, after he's sworn in? Do they think he'll just ignore their tantrums? Let them ignore the laws and do what they want?

So long as their assembles are peaceful, they are protected by the Constitution. Deal with it.

How loud are they going to cry when he cuts off Federal funding?

Not in Trump's power. Read the Constitution, Congress controls the purse strings.

How loud will they cry when he sends in the National Guard to quell riots?

Perhaps they will exercise their Second Amendment rights, just like Trump said.

I'm all for State's Rights, but when they thumb their nose at Federal law, such as sheltering illegals, a President can't just let that go.

Of course he can. He can choose whether or not he intends to be a despot. You seem to lean despot.
edit on 15-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes. Been happening every 8 years since the end of WWII, with only one exception. You aren't surprised it is happening now are you?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Trump can't cut off funding. Congress has to do that and similar actions in the recent past have not been successful.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes. Been happening every 8 years since the end of WWII, with only one exception. You aren't surprised it is happening now are you?

I was pointing out how you shouldn't think it is something new, since it happens every long cycle.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And I'm pointing out how I agree with you because its been happening for longer than you've been alive. Maybe instead of immediately adopting a combative tone with someone, you try reading their words first?
edit on 15-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump can't cut off funding. Congress has to do that and similar actions in the recent past have not been successful.

That is true however with the GOP controlling both the house and the Senate for the next two years at least.... we all might be surprised at what he can accomplish... I remember threads on this very board on how the GOP was going to lose both houses and how they were basically going to die out as far as a political power for the foreseeable future.. Well those who said that then were wrong and anyone with half a brain should sit back and judge by the fruits of our new presidents labors... Not the crystal ball of the "wrong every time" MSN like CNN.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That is true however with the GOP controlling both the house and the Senate for the next two years at least.... we all might be surprised at what he can accomplish

The GOP controlled congress when previous attempts were made to pull funding. Although the GOP still controls congress, the Democrats gained seats. I doubt any sort of legislation would pass.

I remember threads on this very board on how the GOP was going to lose both houses and how they were basically going to die out as far as a political power for the foreseeable future.. Well those who said that then were wrong and anyone with half a brain should sit back and judge by the fruits of our new presidents labors... Not the crystal ball of the "wrong every time" MSN like CNN.

Not sure how that is really relevant to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And I'm pointing out how I agree with you because its been happening for longer than you've been alive. Maybe instead of immediately adopting a combative tone with someone, you try reading their words first?

You found one or more of my posts combative?
And I did read your posts so far.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This Trump revolution for change in government is just that...CHANGE.....
Narrow thinking government minds act as if it is automatically a "GIVEN" that HOW that change should be implemented, should be according to the same antiquated methods and protocol used by all who came before.

Who can really say with certainty that ANYONE already working in the established government KNOWS FOR SURE that WHAT THEY ARE DOING and HOW THEY ARE DOING IT is 100% correct for America ?..they can't...it's just excepted that there's only ONE way do do things and ONE set of rules that should be used to govern.

"TEAM PLAYER GOVERNMENT" is AGHAST... really scared of this "upstart"..this "rebel rouser" backed by such a huge portion of the population.....is it really any wonder that Trump NOT following "THE AGE OLD PLAN RULE" would be met with immediate censure ????
It's absurd to think there is only ONE right way to achieve peace and prosperity.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ha De blasio, there's a real winner. The NYC mayor had NYPD physically turn their backs on him at the funeral of two murdered police officers. The same mayor that's surrounded by and knnee-deep in corruption there's people being brought up on charges all throughout NY. He himself doesn't think law applies to him by giving sweetheart development deals to specific people. How he got elected shows more of the weak dems put in place that really don't seem to care about crime waves.
As much as I never liked guialini, de blasio and Bloomberg saw low crime rates because of Rudys time in office coupled with gentrification on a scale that would make your jaw drop.

Stop and frisk and broken Windows may sometimes cross the line of legal tactics by Leo's but you can't deny they work.
I say you need better training on how to implement these tactics to prevent crime and not use them just to arrest young kids and put them through rikers.
This coming from a dude that used to run in them streets .

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Btw, have you seen much peaceful protest lately??
Now don't get me wrong, there could possibly be a time for rioting and burning certain sh#t to the ground. If you feel anything going on in the US at the current moment warrants that I say you have lived way too much of a sheltered life. Get outside, play a little tackle football or hockey and remember what the physical world feels like. We ELECTED a new president, no reason to torch downtown really.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The penalty for felony harboring is a fine and imprisonment for up to five years.

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment,
encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

Conspiracy to commit the crimes of sheltering, harboring, or employing illegal aliens is a separate federal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or five years imprisonment.

www.fairus.org...

it`s time to start filing criminal charges against the mayors and city councils of the sanctuary cities,if trump`s AG doesn`t do it then it proves that trump isn`t serious about cleaning up the illegal immigrant problem.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's probably safer to let the protesters have their hissy-fit. One day they'll realize it was all their own fault, and wish they never took part in it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Excuse me? I have no idea WTH you’re talking about!

a reply to: TheTory
I support peaceful protests but this is not what this is. This is a bunch of sore losers asking their constituents to act out…this is different.

edit on 11/15/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Addressing your thread title specifically, Trump can't do anything until January 20th, so just sit back and wait and see what he says or implies that he's going to do on and after that date.

I do hope that he drops the hammer on sanctuary cities, though--they are a metastasizing cancer in America.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well we have different rules for democrats and republicans in government. Let's see what would happen if the democrats refuse to confirm Trumps Supreme Court nominees or if the senate filibusters every bill the republicans try to pass. We've had 8 years of that, I think what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Enough!

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit.

Stay on topic.

Discussing each other is ALWAYS considered OFF TOPIC.

Do not reply to this post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join