It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All The Presidents Men.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I totally understand where people are coming from when they say they voted for Trump because he's not a politician. But the rebuttal is that he's a businessman. How is that any better? Is t Big business just the other side of politics? Why would you trust a guy who can persuade you to buy # you don't need? These voter simply don't have a fully understanding of what exactly the establishment is. Trump's not a politician, true. He's the guy that buys them. He admitted himself to giving money to both sides. I mean, isn't it possible that the establishment Adapts to your resistance? Maybe they noticed that people are just beginnin To wake up and they made the elitist, blue blood "one-of-them" that is Hillary Clinton loose to a perceived outsider. He's a con man. Remember he was aDemocrat up until the mid to late 90's. I've heard him say the reason he chose to build his golf headquarters in Westchester was to make it conveniently Located for Bill Clinton (who is an avid golf fan) Bill even had a private locker there until June. Think about it,they had to talk about SOMETHING on those golf outings. And I don't think it was favorite ice cream flavors

www.google.com... what-you-got-conned/%3F0p19G%3De

Look at these people and tell me they're outsiders. This cabinet is basically the antithesis of the image of an "Outsider in Washington" that Trump put forth.

PS: If your a Trump Supporter who would like to counter any of this information, I welcome Civil debates. But, as a challenge, I'd ask you not to bring up Hillary's misdeeds in comparison. That is how five year olds argue. Not political contemporaries. (Tommy, gets to do it! Why can't I, Hillary is meaner than me! No fair!) please just explain his actions that's all I'm asking. Thanks ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And not to mention he claimed in an interview that he'd run Republican because they're easy to get. He knows how to market to people.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

I have only one comment to add

Ronald Regan was an Actor.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You need to play the game to change the game.
He will need people with certain skills to get the job done. Outsiders don't have those skills.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Pointless posting anything against or questioning trump on here anymore. This place has become Trumpville. You'll only be met with snarky short replies from his supporters instead of any thoughtful debate.

Edit: My own conclusion about him is that he was a hedge bet by the elites. Why would they only play one side of the election instead of both? He has ties to the Rothschilds and the Clintons.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Ronald Regan was an Actor.

Ronald Reagan never bragged about buying politicians. Reagan did a number pro-government/military propaganda films. He was a Hollywood insider that was owned by the US Government.

PLUS...he was the Governor of the State of California before he was elected to the Presidency, so he had plenty of political experience by the time he took his seat in the Oval Office.

edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

And?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He will need people with certain skills to get the job done. Outsiders don't have those skills.

Fair enough

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Pointless posting anything against or questioning trump on here anymore. This place has become Trumpville. You'll only be met with snarky short replies from his supporters instead of any thoughtful debate.

Edit: My own conclusion about him is that he was a hedge bet by the elites. Why would they only play one side of the election instead of both? He has ties to the Rothschilds and the Clintons.

Haha yeah that's one of the reasons I posted it. I like to poke the troll coals every once in a while

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Considering the recent picks he has made for advisers, etc, he is now connected to the CFR and the Bilderberg-types. Not too mention he is also beginning to change his tune on many of the issues that resonated with those that voted for him.

I think Trump just trolled the Republican party and the US.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Hey. Doesn't that come from the same ''witty quip' book as, 'It's Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve'??

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Trump is a repudiation of all the politicians and their lies (left and right) of the past 50 years.

Will things change?

Don't know.

But just simply voting for him spoke of the disgust that many people have for the establishment.

Perhaps Trump was just the cornerstone of a new movement where people will stop looking at establishment mouthpieces for solutions.

Actually, I'm getting sick and tired of anyone looking to DC as a savior for their problems. It indicates a weakness where we cannot find solutions ourselves.

About the best thing Trump could do is to take less money from us (in taxes) and let us self-determine our own futures.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams
I totally understand where people are coming from when they say they voted for Trump because he's not a politician. But the rebuttal is that he's a businessman. How is that any better? Is t Big business just the other side of politics? Why would you trust a guy who can persuade you to buy # you don't need? These voter simply don't have a fully understanding of what exactly the establishment is. Trump's not a politician, true. He's the guy that buys them. He admitted himself to giving money to both sides. I mean, isn't it possible that the establishment Adapts to your resistance? Maybe they noticed that people are just beginnin To wake up and they made the elitist, blue blood "one-of-them" that is Hillary Clinton loose to a perceived outsider. He's a con man. Remember he was aDemocrat up until the mid to late 90's. I've heard him say the reason he chose to build his golf headquarters in Westchester was to make it conveniently Located for Bill Clinton (who is an avid golf fan) Bill even had a private locker there until June. Think about it,they had to talk about SOMETHING on those golf outings. And I don't think it was favorite ice cream flavors

www.google.com... what-you-got-conned/%3F0p19G%3De

Look at these people and tell me they're outsiders. This cabinet is basically the antithesis of the image of an "Outsider in Washington" that Trump put forth.

PS: If your a Trump Supporter who would like to counter any of this information, I welcome Civil debates. But, as a challenge, I'd ask you not to bring up Hillary's misdeeds in comparison. That is how five year olds argue. Not political contemporaries. (Tommy, gets to do it! Why can't I, Hillary is meaner than me! No fair!) please just explain his actions that's all I'm asking. Thanks ATS.

How is a business man better?

Well, lets start with they actually feel the repercussions of their actions. The private sector demands performance, or you don't last for long, let alone become successful. In government you just have to pretend to do your job and lay low, and occasionally claim you did your job if ever challenged.

How do you think congress has an approval rating of less than 10 percent, yet the majority of incumbents keep getting reelected. There is no real accountability, primarily because the voters are so uninformed most don't even know who needs to be held accountable. Need another example - look at Obama, I have heard from many he is a good president, but I defy anyone to come up with a worthwhile accomplishment of his administration. Speaking well does not make you a good president despite what many democrats seem to think.

Second, Trump is not your typical businessman. Do you really believe he is going to profit from this presidency, half of America hates him with a passion right now. If anything he has deeply hurt his businesses by this action. He is no spring chicken either. By the time he is out he will be 75 or 79. Money is not what is driving him.

As far as his cabinet members not being outsiders - I do not understand this statement at all - how many of them are politicians? Your definition of an outsider and mine are different I guess.

new topics

top topics

join