It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US deserves Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
From where I stand some 15000 odd kms away, watching the US election and fall out, the drama, the constant "I hate Hillary more" or " I hate Trump more" attitude I believe you Yanks got exactly what you deserve
Trump, is that a good thing, doubtful
Is it better than Hillary, I believe so... for the US anyway

It will be very interesting what happens over the coming months and years, the Trump presidency, the Trump impeachment, whatever

But does anyone actually think Trump can change what has been broken so long in 4 years, does anyone think Trump will have any real power, that he will do half of what he said he will do. Is the system to broken to fix, will those who manipulate it allow that to happen. Can any one man change the course?

I truly hope that this election wakes up middle America and encourages them to find good people to vote for, that real people take back the power, no more career politicians, actors, tv stars. I hope political party's listen andlook for candidates who listen, politicians who will serve

I think we can all agree the US election was a farce, a shambles, a joke
Will this election change anything for the next election, will people wake up and change, or is this just a simple short term aberration destined to fail and burn out
Will people go back to voting the establishment they are use to, or
Is there a real groundswell building up against those who turned the US from a superpower to a international welfare state living off other country's wealth

It must be time to see a real change
I wonder what future elections will be like
I wonder if like brexit, this attitude will be sustained, will go global
edit on 13-11-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I would love to argue with you, but I can't. I don't see Trump as a person though (while I agree AS a person he cant manipulate the political quagmire that a lot of his supporters believe he can) but more as an ideology.

The idea of Trump is fantastic - regretfully he is simply the wrong person to deliver that message. A strong talker is not tantamount to a strong leader. We, the US, need both.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Trump was a massive protest against the people in Washington who do manipulate the system and rely on us to supply the votes. It was our last best chance to retaliate through the ballot box by forcing a candidate on the DC elite that they clearly hated and never wanted, and I am talking about both parties.

Whatever happens, happen, but the politicians better consider that no matter how many shiny, pretty, overly groomed ponies they trotted out, we chose the ugly, spavined cart horse instead mainly to spite them.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would disagree that Trump is all about talking. He built a real estate empire. He is a doer and when he talks he frequently gets himself into trouble. Now your TYPICAL politician- those people are the "talkers" who do nothing.

Sal

a reply to: alphabetaone

The idea of Trump is fantastic - regretfully he is simply the wrong person to deliver that message. A strong talker is not tantamount to a strong leader. We, the US, need both.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I hope so. We elected him.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Trump is a buisness man, just like every other politician in the US at the moment.
He may find his feet and get comfortable very quickly, maybe to quickly

He is made for politics, no question

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I would disagree that Trump is all about talking. He built a real estate empire. He is a doer and when he talks he frequently gets himself into trouble. Now your TYPICAL politician- those people are the "talkers" who do nothing.

I would argue, that anyone at all who started any business without initially using his or her own money didn't build a THING.

Famous Amos built an empire...Bill Gates built an empire, Steve Jobs built an empire...Trump built upon previously existing wealth....difficult task, talk about hard work.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

From where I stand some 15000 odd kms away, watching the US election and fall out,

, should make you aware the Oval office doesn't decide anything. Just announces it, by teleprompter.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Alls I know is that I am going to miss our current president. He is an Honorable man. He won the Nobel peace prize. He showed us pure transparent government for the first time. He gace us the super affordable insurance care that is affordable for everyone. He stood against racisim and calmed everyone down when problems arose. Well heck, you know that he even gave tiger woods some golfing tips to improve his game.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

We do! And thank you. It was a near thing. Evolution is always messy though.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I prefer my humor dry and urs is positively Saharan...

Consider me a fan

-Chris

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Can he change it... no probably not, not enough time and congress is far to corrupt to let much happen to shake up their money making schemes...

BUT, and here is what I really hope happens, when they stone wall him and try to set him up as the fall guy for all the bad if/when the economy falters, he just dumps all the goods he has on the corruption into the public domain so all of America can see just how crooked congress is and then we can see about fixing things. (I think because of his ego there is a decent chance of this happening)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You might want to read up on venture capital. Many a successful business has been started with loans from relatives though.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why is the world outside the US keeping this going?

We know what we got.

It's not gonna be different unless you're Mexico. Or maybe china

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

You might want to read up on venture capital. Many a successful business has been started with loans from relatives though.

You might want NOT to assume that you're the only one in the world who has any business savvy.

Building an empire is not the same as having been given the means toward being successful in it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

edit on 13-11-2016 by rdw134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Trump is a buisness man, just like every other politician in the US at the moment.
He may find his feet and get comfortable very quickly, maybe to quickly

He is made for politics, no question

Ummm, no. They are lawyers with PolySci degrees on the side.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I hope so. We elected him.

At the risk of sounding less-than-helpful, I hope those who voted for him are willing to swallow the coming pill. He's already done substantial backtracking on some of his positions, the latest being that he's open to a fence and not so much a wall now. Which just hit the wires/filtered through various news sources, I'm sure someone'll post a thread, not touching that hornet's nest myself beyond here to aid my point.And that point being the massive amounts of extreme promises aren't going to be delivered on. Just watch. People don't realize just how hoodwinked they are yet.

That is NOT TO SAY he won't be an okay centrist president working with both sides, we don't know that yet. But we do know the lines he was using to hook people & sell the goods have changed a lot in less than a week's time. That's generally a hint, we've seen it before with past presidents backing away from what they promised. It should be a given that smoke was blown up asses for votes, he's not a savior. I peg him as possibly centrist Repub, at best.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The people that voted for Trump wanted him. Those who didn't want him deserve him.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I guess if you don't live here and see it for yourself, you don't have any real idea what it's like. You don't lose work, your kids don't get assaulted, your property values aren't dropping.... WTF do you know about it? As a veteran, father, and self employed buisness owner, I will gladly tell you to grow up. Own land, pay taxes, raise kids, do your countries service, before you try to shove your bull# ideals down our throats. We don't want globalism, we happen to love our country the way it is- that's why we left Europe in the first place. Do we deserve Trump? Yes we do, and we've been waiting a long damn time.... It's reassuring to know for the first time in a century that my country is going to be led by someone with a spine.

edit on 11132016 by Natas0114 because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join