It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embarrassed UMich Cancels Play Dough, Coloring Book, and Bubbles Post Election Self Care Event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The University of Michigan scheduled an event after Clinton's shocking loss for students to experience stress relief and self care by getting together and blowing bubbles, coloring inside the lines, and playing with Play Dough.

Join us for delicious and comforting food with opportunity to experience some stress-busting, self-care activities such as coloring sheets, play dough, positive card-making, Legos, and bubbles with your fellow law students.

Last time I blew bubbles (except for a wedding event, and just once!), played with Playskool's Play Dough, or colored inside the lines, I was maybe five years old.

Also on schedule, positive card making. I don't know what that is, but what I'm picturing is the guy who used to be on SNL who ended his regular skit with the words "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and people like me!" You know, IT WAS A JOKE, to have a laugh at this kind of thing. I guess to some, it is not a joke.

After making national headlines for scheduling this Play Dough and Bubble Blowing event, UMich was apparently so embarrassed that the event was cancelled. The college students are out of luck!

UMich Law was apparently so embarrassed when the Nov. 14 event made the news that it deleted the event listing.

You can view the original page on Google's cache, here from this source.

I think it's too late though, UMich cannot recover from the embarrassment of posting this event to begin with. Where did folks like this come from?

edit on 11/12/16 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/16 by Ameilia because: link issues.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We should have voted Hillary in - this generation Deserves her!

The greatest generation are rolling in their graves.

smh

edit on 12-11-2016 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Playdoh is probably a good stress reliever.. Blowing bubbles is a thing in "those" circles.

But LOL

I just started laughing, I tried not to laugh sorry..

bahahahaha...

it's too much..

This thread just made me so happy, guess I can put my bubbles away now..

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Not just the Greatest.

(((smh)))

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

It's either laugh or cry.

Laughing is probably healthier for you.

At least they cancelled it...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Playdoh is probably a good stress reliever.. Blowing bubbles is a thing in "those" circles.

Is it really? I can recall once blowing bubbles from tiny, wedding-decor-themed bottles at the bride and groom as they went down the line of guests and to their limo.

After posting this, I can recall one other time. A huge black light party, someone had made black light bubbles so people were blowing them around. But this was like, rave style, not "I need to get in touch with my inner safe space toddler" style.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Pathetic.

When I was at university I had better things to do with my time than act like a 2 year old.

I'm glad this was cancelled. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs their head examined.

If someone were to suggest THIS to me for "stress relief" I would find it beyond condescending.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Probably it was a funny way to tell their students to not be such a babies, but when the students dint get the joke and started to sign in for real the uni had to face palm and cancel the event.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My 10 year old is something else. She is gifted.. but better than that, she is in the top of the class in sarcasm.

We go to the store to buy her a book to read. She sees " Adult coloring books". She is over there flipping through a few. I said Id get her one if she wanted it, but she had to get a reading book as well. She said : this is just a coloring book, its stupid to have the word adult on it. I said yes, but they are marketing it to adults, so they say adult coloring book so adults dont feel stupid buying one for themselves. Then she said : but they still know its really just a coloring book. Theyll buy it for more than what kids coloring books cost because they see the word "adult" on it. ( and I swear to God she looks at me and says) I wonder if they hang their own coloring pages on their own fridges and tell themselves how great they are at staying in the lines.

Maybe they do, kid... maybe they do...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

LOL,

Send your kids to college so they can learn to be 5 year old Kindergartners.

Pathetic!

That is the only word that comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I use to blow bubbles with my 5 year old.

Hopefully parents taking out 10 year ParentPlus loans or second mortgages to send their children to this university will stop throwing fistfuls of money at this type of "institution of higher learning."

The event is probably still planned but now advertised only on a "student log-in required" page.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I bet the rent on safe spaces is going through the roof...

RA

edit on 12-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
NOT MY MICHIGAN.

There needs to be a red devil emoji that is pissed, instead of only being one with the evil grin.

Anyways...
SJWs: They are what happens when children grow up NOT playing outside. (growing up 'in the wild' in Michigan)

edit on 13-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Reverbs

Is it really? I can recall once blowing bubbles from tiny, wedding-decor-themed bottles at the bride and groom as they went down the line of guests and to their limo.

After posting this, I can recall one other time. A huge black light party, someone had made black light bubbles so people were blowing them around. But this was like, rave style, not "I need to get in touch with my inner safe space toddler" style.

those "hippy" against the T and C circles haha

I've blown bubbles recently but I was playing with little kiddies.. seeing how magic bubbles are to little ones is magical.

this topic would be sad, but I broke something in my brain and now I just laugh at the world.. Like I went slightly crazy so I could stay sane, haha.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

In other news, this is the MOST ridiculous thread title I have ever written. It just looks ridiculous under recent threads.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ann Arbor, Allendale, Kzoo, downtown Grand Rapids and Lansing are Hilltown

Your still out east right?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Still have all my people up there. None of them know anybody pro-Hill.

One friend, all on his own told me about how there weren't any Hilary sign around; Trump signs everywhere. Him even being into politics all the sudden was a shocker, I used to drive him up a wall with my stuff back in the Ron Paul days.
edit on 13-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Probably it was a funny way to tell their students to not be such a babies, but when the students dint get the joke and started to sign in for real the uni had to face palm and cancel the event.

If only. Friendship bracelet workshops are another popular thing right now, for hipsters in their 20s, 30s, 40s...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I've seen very few signs and our county went red. Hell the whole state flipped according to latest data. There was a reason HRC hit those towns and Detroit plus the surrounding towns and Donnie hit G.R., Flint, Pontiac. They needed their votes. Regardless, lots of college towns and that's where she thrived. Their bubble of influence is small potatoes compared to the rest of the population. This was their error and their downfall.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
They were just catering to the mental age of those who have been traumatized by the election results...target audience & whatnot

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join