It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boss says employees who agree with Trump's rhetoric should resign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just like some people need to take a deep breath and walk around the block, before hitting send on Twiiter...apparently some CEOs need to sober up, or calm down, before firing off intra-Company emails - especially if you run a publicaly traded Company!

The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign. “If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."

I am thinking that the Shareholders might be a little more concerned with how this kind of intimidation might affect Company moral and productivity and -if people started to resign in large numbers, or started filing discrimination lawsuits - how this remarkable email might directly impact Corporate earnings.

This CEO has just demonstrated to the Shareholders of his Company that he lacks maturity, emotional control, knowledge of labour laws, an understanding of organizational psychology, among other things - and puts his own personal biases and predilections ahead of the Company he is charged with leading.

Maloney, a Hillary Clinton supporter, sent the email Wednesday afternoon with the subject line, “So…that happened…what’s next?” He made it clear in the email statement that he is personally stunned and deeply concerned with the results of Tuesday’s election.

“I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney wrote about Trump’s supporters.

Grubhub Wants Trump Supporters to Resign

It would appear that somebody put a bit of a bug in Maloney's ear after this outburst, because the Company has since issued an official "clarification".

Some of the statements in my email (please see full text below) have been misconstrued. I want to clarify that I did not ask for anyone to resign if they voted for Trump. I would never make such a demand. To the contrary, the message of the email is that we do not tolerate discriminatory activity or hateful commentary in the workplace, and that we will stand up for our employees.

I said you should resign...but I didn't ask you to resign.

Next up...most likely...will be the Company's clarification of the clarification.

Incredibly dumb of Mr. Maloney...and he should be incredibly fired for having such a stupendous lapse in judgement (even Co-Founders sometimes have to move on).

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ha.

I'd send an email saying "I voted for Trump, I agree with him 100%, what now huh?"

And wait to be sacked and then sue the man out of his business.

Butthurt.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
“We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."

Oh the irony.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They should fire bIm . ...or he " should resign " !

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
4 chan is helping to tank this companies stock. I love this kind of activism..

This guy's ignorance will cost him, and it is a beautiful thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

He sounds like the typical uneducated voter who just listens to MSM and Facebook feeds to get their information.

How do people like this become leaders of big companies? And why do they seem to think their opinion matters more than others?

What these people need to realize is that out of every vote casr...there was about a 400K difference which means that white, black, brown, yellow, etc people voted for Trump.

My guess is that grubhub took a big hit to either endorsements or orders due to his stupidity. That's usually what happens when someone thinks they are untouchable in size.....suddenly they realize just how much they depend on those they alienate.

Maybe he could start the AFA (affordable food act) with Hillary and give back....LOL!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Ha.

I'd send an email saying "I voted for Trump, I agree with him 100%, what now huh?"

Butthurt.

Star for you!

Bet your shocked? But I thought the same thing!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That man seriously needs to consider if he is fit to be a CEO.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Just further evidence on how tolerant the Alt Left is.
edit on 11-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
That man seriously needs to consider if he is fit to be a CEO.

It is amazing the amount of times this statement could be said.....

RA

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Meh.

Its only 60 million or so customers he has just lost.

Im sure his business model is plenty solid to take the hit.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
I am thinking that the Shareholders might be a little more concerned with how this kind of intimidation might affect Company moral and productivity and -if people started to resign in large numbers, or started filing discrimination lawsuits - how this remarkable email might directly impact Corporate earnings.

This CEO has just demonstrated to the Shareholders of his Company that he lacks maturity, emotional control, knowledge of labour laws, an understanding of organizational psychology, among other things - and puts his own personal biases and predilections ahead of the Company he is charged with leading.

That's some choice writing right there!

S+F

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Meh.

Its only 60 million or so customers he has just lost.

Im sure his business model is plenty solid to take the hit.

You think they had that many customers to start with?
Not that I know a million people, but I do not know anyone that uses this service.
I would rather go out and get it myself, if I wanted a carry out.
edit on 11-11-2016 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He's intelligent enough to somehow become a CEO.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh they're tolerant. They're just not tolerant of intolerance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

They're just not tolerant of any other intolerance than their own intolerance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Kettu

They're just not tolerant of any other intolerance than their own intolerance.

And that intolerance is for people who are not tolerant of other races, genders, nationalities or sexual orientations.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's illegal for a boss to get rid of an employee because they voted different than he believed they should. The owner of the business in the OP could have his business license pulled for interfering with our rights and responsibility of voting in an election.

You can ban talking about political issues at work but you can not ban one side only.

I also would say I voted for Trump and wait to see what the guy would do, then sue him and also contact the regulatory commission which oversees his business. I would never say anything like that to an employee, I have had quite a few employees over the year and was informed about staying away from talking politics years ago by a friend in the legal system. Like I said, an employer can say talking politics on the job is not allowed, it is not part of the job. Now, if you are working in a job tied to one or the other political party, then that is different. You would not want to have a Republican working on a Democratic campaign. That is a conflict of interest issue though. I am thinking the company in the OP is not directly tied to one political party though.

Edit: Evidently those are state laws, some states do not have laws and employers can actually do stuff like that. I learned something new from researching the subject. Michigan does have laws that protect employees from their employers on this issue. www.huffingtonpost.com...

I guess I just assumed every state had these regulations. I WAS WRONG

Here is something about this article, a response from the company is in this article. www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 11-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wasn't this story posted yesterday?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Ha.

Butthurt.

Grubhub is an Illinois corporation and Illinois is an "employment-at-will state which means that, in the absence of a contract, anyone can be fired for any reason or for no reason, except for prohibited discriminatory reasons. Political beliefs are not a protected class under federal or Illinois law. Perhaps doing what this company did should be unlawful and be the basis for a suit, but as of now it just isn't. Or maybeit shouldn't be, since the employees have the absolute right to fire the company by quitting for any reason, or no reason, without risking a suit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join